Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Futurama: Monster Robot Maniac Fun Collection?? What's on it?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 05-19-05, 12:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just saw this blurb from The Digital Bits and was wondering if anyone had any information on what exactly this is? Is it just a best of kind of disc or something else. I only have the first 2 volumes and before I buy the last two (there are only 4 volumes right?) I'd like to know more about this, anyone have a clue???

20th Century Fox has unveiled a big DVD slate for August as well. On 8/9, look for Because of Winn-Dixie, Big Black Comedy: Volume 3, Dunston Checks In, a re-issue of Dr. Dolittle (1997), Far from Home, Hush, Hush, Sweet Charlotte, In Old Chicago, The Man in the Gray Flannel Suit, Oh Heavenly Dog (Chevy Chase) and Roswell: The Final Chapter - The Complete Third Season. Following on 8/16 is The Simpsons: The Complete Sixth Season. On 8/23, you'll see The Adventures of Ociee Nash, Futurama: Monster Robot Maniac Fun Collection, The Roach Approach: Don't Miss the Boat and The Roach Approach: The Mane Event. Finally, rounding out the month on 8/30, you'll get Garfield and Friends: Volume 4, Strawberry Shortcake: Moonlight Mysteries and new editions of three Shirley Temple films, including Heidi, Curly Top and Little Miss Broadway.
Old 05-19-05, 12:38 PM

nevermind, searching is my friend. For those of you interested, below is the synopsis from dvdempire.

"The Simpsons" creator Matt Groening has complied his four favorite episodes from his irreverent, Emmy®-winning* hit show, FUTURAMA. Setiin New Yorkia thousand years from now, this hilarious animated world isilike no future you ever imagined -ia pizza delivery man copes with oddball aliens,ia robot boozes it up, romance isiwarped, anditraffic isiterrible! Someday all comedies will be this funny.... but you'll be dead.
Old 05-19-05, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 237 Likes on 149 Posts
According to gotfuturama.com, the four episodes are "Hell is Other Robots", "Anthology of Interest I", "Roswell That Ends Well" and "The Sting".
Old 05-19-05, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Jason
According to gotfuturama.com, the four episodes are "Hell is Other Robots", "Anthology of Interest I", "Roswell That Ends Well" and "The Sting".
So those are his top picks?
I agree that the first 3 but the last one is a real odd choice. I might have to listen to the commentary to see why he enjoyed that one so much. It is probably my least favorite episode.
Old 05-19-05, 06:32 PM
Banned

I was really disappointed when they canceled, why they do that for?
Old 05-19-05, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DVDFreaker
I was really disappointed when they canceled, why they do that for?
It's been said the show was too expensive to make but if they would of kept it in a better time slot it would of found a bigger crowd and exploded. It became popular too late in the game.
Old 05-19-05, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MasterofDVD
So those are his top picks?
I agree that the first 3 but the last one is a real odd choice. I might have to listen to the commentary to see why he enjoyed that one so much. It is probably my least favorite episode.
I thought The Sting was a good episode. I liked all the "serious" episodes that advanced the romantic sub-plot between Fry and Leela like The Sting, Time Keeps on Slipping, Parasites Lost, and The Devil's Hands are Idle Playthings. I probably wouldn't put it Top 4, though definately Top 10.

If I was picking, I'd keep Roswell that Ends Well, switch in Anthology of Interest II, and then add Where No Fan Has Gone Before and Future Stock. Or maybe just included the four episode story arc that began with Space Pilot 3000, then continues with The Day the Earth Stood Stupid, Roswell that Ends Well, and finally The Why of Fry. What they did with those four episodes was nothing short of brilliant.

Last edited by Joe Molotov; 05-19-05 at 10:27 PM.
Old 05-19-05, 10:43 PM

I really wish they'd bring Futurama back like they did with Family Guy. Family Guy's good, but I like Futurama a lot more.
Old 05-19-05, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Joe Molotov
I thought The Sting was a good episode. I liked all the "serious" episodes that advanced the romantic sub-plot between Fry and Leela like The Sting, Time Keeps on Slipping, Parasites Lost, and The Devil's Hands are Idle Playthings. I probably wouldn't put it Top 4, though definately Top 10.

If I was picking, I'd keep Roswell that Ends Well, switch in Anthology of Interest II, and then add Where No Fan Has Gone Before and Future Stock. Or maybe just included the four episode story arc that began with Space Pilot 3000, then continues with The Day the Earth Stood Stupid, Roswell that Ends Well, and finally The Why of Fry. What they did with those four episodes was nothing short of brilliant.
I guess I can't get into the whole Fry and Leela stories because the whole sub-plot seemed so rushed and awkward toward the end. Leela thinks Fry is a complete moron most of the episodes and they suddenly rush it all for the series ender.

And I completely agree with The Why Of Fry. It gets a big thumbs up from me.