DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   The Simpsons - Season 6 - August 16th, 2005 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/422252-simpsons-season-6-august-16th-2005-a.html)

goatweed 08-17-05 12:01 PM

for those who dont have that 1-800 number insert, you can also send in your sales receipt in lieu of that slip. Those sets might have been produced before Fox thought people would complain, and therefore did'nt include the slips.

mzupeman2 08-17-05 12:19 PM

It really is too bad they used the flimsy packaging for Homers head. Now that I've had the set and I've been looking it over, it's really not that bad of a concept at all. I mean, I love how there's a card on the inside that you can use for the back of the inside of the case, that looks like an x-ray of homers head. I also love the booklet! It reminds me of the Simpsons book you can get in book stores that acts as an episode guide. Ah well.... sent out for the 'old' packaging in the mail today.

Snowmaker 08-17-05 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by goatweed
for those who dont have that 1-800 number insert, you can also send in your sales receipt in lieu of that slip. Those sets might have been produced before Fox thought people would complain, and therefore did'nt include the slips.

Or the P.O.P. from the corner of the insert, ... IF YOU DARE!! -eek-

RoyalTea 08-17-05 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by WestEndRiot
you didn't exactly take the high road with your initial post. if you don't like whats being talked about in here then don't click on the thread anymore.

well, when I see a 16 page thread about the simpsons, I was expecting a little discussion of the actual DVDs, the commentaries, the bonus features.

Instead I see that these sixteen pages are solely about people that are so disgusted that the new set won't "match" the old sets, as if somebody wiped his ass with their toungues.

But maybe, I should envy some of these people. It must be pretty damn cool to know that the only thing in life worth worrying about is if season 6's packaging matches season 1-5's packaging.

LorenzoL 08-17-05 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by RoyalTea
well, when I see a 16 page thread about the simpsons, I was expecting a little discussion of the actual DVDs, the commentaries, the bonus features.

Instead I see that these sixteen pages are solely about people that are so disgusted that the new set won't "match" the old sets, as if somebody wiped his ass with their toungues.

But maybe, I should envy some of these people. It must be pretty damn cool to know that the only thing in life worth worrying about is if season 6's packaging matches season 1-5's packaging.

So you proceeded to show your displeasure of how the thread was going and the people reactions to the packaging by insulting them???

Nice excuse.

scottall 08-17-05 12:36 PM

Were you born without a sense of humor?

LorenzoL 08-17-05 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by scottall

Who are you referring to?

RoyalTea 08-17-05 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by scottall

yup :lol:

Snowmaker 08-17-05 12:42 PM

Here you go:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=17122

LorenzoL 08-17-05 12:45 PM

yup :lol:

If your post was funny or at least witty, I wouldn't have a problem with it. Yours was just a threadcrap.

JayDerek 08-17-05 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
If your post was funny or at least witty, I wouldn't have a problem with it. Yours was just a threadcrap.

:up:

nemein 08-17-05 01:39 PM

I really don't feel like sorting through this to try and figure it out, plus I imagine by now everything that needs to be said about this has been said. If someone wants to start a new thread to discuss the set itself, now that it is out, please feel free. BUT LEAVE THE RHETORIC AND :crap: OUT OF IT.

thx
nemein