DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

The Simpsons - Season 6 - August 16th, 2005

Old 08-10-05, 06:49 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by jmj713
Digital Bits reports Season Seven in January? Is that right? Five months after the Season Six?
REBA: SEASON 2!??!?!?!??!!

YEESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 08-10-05, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by calhoun07
So I wonder if they ever put Herman's Head on DVD the set will come in a Herman's head?
I wish they did an episode of the Simpsons featuring the cast of Herman's Head. It would be cool to hear Lisa talking to Louise Fitzer!
Old 08-10-05, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by seymouru
I wish they did an episode of the Simpsons featuring the cast of Herman's Head. It would be cool to hear Lisa talking to Louise Fitzer!
wouldnt that destroy the space time continium?
Old 08-10-05, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'd like to know where the UPC/POP you'd need to send in for a rebate is located. Has anyone figured it out yet? The only UPC I see is in the picture of the back cover which would require destroying the back cover to remove it. Is there another UPC/POP hidden somewhere in the package?
Old 08-11-05, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wish I could mail in to get new "head" boxes for seasons 1-5 instead of the other way around. I like these much better than the old, boring packaging that they were using.
Old 08-11-05, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by Manzana
I'd like to know where the UPC/POP you'd need to send in for a rebate is located. Has anyone figured it out yet? The only UPC I see is in the picture of the back cover which would require destroying the back cover to remove it. Is there another UPC/POP hidden somewhere in the package?
probably on the booklet
Old 08-11-05, 01:09 PM

This is my fav season im picking it up this tuesday.
Old 08-11-05, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Are Fox requring UPCs to receive the old-style box? Because I have a rule about damaging my packaging, and that includes all inserts.
Old 08-11-05, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ok so i have had this in hand. Their is a paper slip on the back that is made of cardboard (similar to the paper piece on the old style sets) It is removable and can be cut for upc sake. Their is no shrink wrap, and as mentioned just a plastic sleeve with the spine on it. I thought it looked cool on the net, but its real clumsy in hand....feel like the plastic on a cheap halloween bucket...the thin kind. I think they will have many people calling for replacement cases, and I'm interested to see if they will charge anything (shipping i suppose) for the new box.
Old 08-11-05, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Thanks, Cameron, for answering. I guess when I had asked months ago I was premature because somebody had to have it in-hand to answer. So it turns out that I could've done the Coconuts rebate and gotten it for about $18 after rebate without destroying the box or the booklet inside.

Unfortunately this info came a bit too late because my order at Coconuts got cancelled when I asked a general email question about this subject. I didn't realize on the other end of the email were people in India that don't seem to know how to read English. Instead of getting an answer to my general question, I got my Simpsons order cancelled even though I never gave my order # or asked for it to be cancelled. After they refused to correct their mistake and nobody there would help on the phone, I vowed never to do business with Coconuts again. I even tried to call corporate with no luck. I won't go into any more details about this because I know nobody cares to hear it.

Out of principle, I'm going to refuse to buy the Simpsons S6 until it's $19.99 or less, and since I'm bad luck when it comes to DVDs, that may take a long time. I'll have to hope Costco will have a $19.99 special at Christmas.

jmj713, I agree with you! My rule about damaging a package is not absolute, though. I'll cut out small POPs or a UPC on the back of a normal DVD cover (the piece of paper that slides out), and I'll also cut one out from a booklet as long as it's small and nothing important is written on the back side.

Last edited by Manzana; 08-11-05 at 11:30 PM.
Old 08-12-05, 05:02 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

By the sounds of it I'll probably send away for the old style box as well. I really don't mind the head case but if it's really flimsy then I'm going to want the traditional box.
Old 08-12-05, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

WB's digipak cases are the best for POPs. They have this extraenous cardboard thing which can easily be detached without any damage to the case whatsoever.
Old 08-12-05, 04:05 PM

Get those dialing fingers ready...I scanned the insert

I still don't know if there is a charge for it or not. I wish you were able to order it online like the LoTR box.

Update (5:49): Just tried calling and got a company (David Lerner) and was unable to get through to any extension.

I don't know if this is a Simpson's inside thing, meaning that this voice system is used up until Tuesday or if this is the real deal.

Last edited by shtfilter; 08-12-05 at 04:47 PM.
Old 08-12-05, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If enough people call in for these, do you think they'll change the packaging for the next seasons? It can't be profitable to send out millions of replacement cases for every new season that comes out.
Old 08-12-05, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Someone at HTF said the number on the insert is wrong. It is an 888 number, NOT 800 - although the rest of the number is apparently right.
Old 08-12-05, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It'd be great if when you call that number, on the other end would be a continuous laugh-track.
Old 08-12-05, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just called the 888 number and a very nice lady answered. She said she couldn't take any orders until the product is released on Tuesday. She also said you can order it online at http://www.simpsonsbox.com which has a "Coming Soon" message at the moment. I assume the site will go live on Tuesday.

I asked what the cost would be, and she said it would only be a small shipping charge, but she didn't know how much that would be.

Last edited by seymouru; 08-12-05 at 05:30 PM.
Old 08-12-05, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by seymouru
I just called the 888 number and a very nice lady answered. She said she couldn't take any orders until the product is released on Tuesday. She also said you can order it online at http://www.simpsonsbox.com which has a "Coming Soon" message at the moment. I assume the site will go live on Tuesday.

I asked what the cost would be, and she said it would only be a small shipping charge, but she didn't know how much that would be.
As long as the shipping charge is fair, I won't have a problem. I do hope a lot of people call, though, and send a message to Fox that they want the old style packaging!
Old 08-12-05, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by calhoun07
I do hope a lot of people call, though, and send a message to Fox that they want the old style packaging!
It might send an even stronger message if everyone mails their unwanted Homerhead packaging back to Fox.
Old 08-12-05, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by msbailey
It might send an even stronger message if everyone mails their unwanted Homerhead packaging back to Fox.
I'd be up for doing that.
Old 08-13-05, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by scott27
Someone at HTF said the number on the insert is wrong. It is an 888 number, NOT 800 - although the rest of the number is apparently right.
This is confirmed by tvshowsondvd.com.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3898
Old 08-13-05, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
This is confirmed by tvshowsondvd.com.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3898
I wonder if Fox will recall these sets due to the incorrect phone number listing. That article indicates that the 1-800 # calls "some accounting firm." I am sure they will be bombarded with calls on Tuesday.
Old 08-13-05, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by fryinpan1
I wonder if Fox will recall these sets due to the incorrect phone number listing. That article indicates that the 1-800 # calls "some accounting firm." I am sure they will be bombarded with calls on Tuesday.
That would suck when the accounting firm gets their bill for their 800 line!
Old 08-13-05, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by fryinpan1
usually when their are insert mess up like this, they mail out new replacement copies and send them to retail stores. They ask that a letter is posted stating the problem, and for the store to disburse the new insert. this happened with wildboyz season 1 i believe, (it's been a while) they had a free dvd promo sticker on the box, but several copies didn't have the coupon inside, so they mailed them to retailers to hand out.
Old 08-13-05, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

For one of my rare old school good deals I got this set for $1.98 at Amazon thanks to three Keynote Evaluations I received over the last six weeks that ended up earning me $30 in GCs. One of the evals was oddly enough Amazon.com.

Anyway I will probably order the other box as well. I'm honestly not bugged by the package change, but if the other box has new artwork I want it as well. As long as the shipping is around the same as the Lord of the Rings box I won't complain.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.