DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

The Simpsons - Season 6 - August 16th, 2005

Old 08-08-05, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

or NYPD Blue Season 3 if it's Dennis Franz's ass!
I'm not sure I want to know how you would get the discs out of there.
Old 08-08-05, 11:50 PM

well, dont know if its been posted yet, but our store got the boxes in today, and everyone just had to peek inside, and it was kinda crappy, the discs are in a binder like holder. and they way its sold may lead to alot of theft. theres not much more then a little bit of "security" tape keeping it sealed...which means we have to shrink wrap 150 all of them
Old 08-09-05, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

but was the mail away coupon inside or is that just a hoax
Old 08-09-05, 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by Cameron
didnt look that closly, ill take a peek on weds when im there...im sure no one else will seal them, 40 down, 110 to go
Old 08-09-05, 01:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

i had no idea stores shrink wrap dvds - always thought they came to the stores that way.
Old 08-09-05, 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by atari2600
i had no idea stores shrink wrap dvds - always thought they came to the stores that way.
they do, but we are doing it with this because of how easly it is to open, and prob get stolen. it has a plastic slip cover, and the security stickers on each side, not a whiole lot to get past to get to the discs inside. we are also a pretty big store, so theres lots of places to hide and steal shit.
Old 08-09-05, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Originally Posted by Cameron
The guy who posted that at Simpsons Collector Sector is a reliable source.
Old 08-09-05, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by sman113
What a load of B.S.

Fox wouldnt officially make so candid a flyer about "nerds" etc. That and you'd think TVshowsonDVD would have mentioned it when they opened their packaging.
1. The flyer is tongue-in-cheek and there is nothing objectionable about it. I can't vouch for its existence, but it wouldn't surprise me.

2. TVshowsonDVD almost certainly received a review copy that would not necessarily match up exactly with the street copy.
Old 08-09-05, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
The guy who posted that at Simpsons Collector Sector is a reliable source.
but no one else has reported this yet. Screeners, and street date violaters have these already....i'm just suprised no one has mentioned it other than him.
Old 08-09-05, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Cameron, Gord Lacey (of TSoD) and Colin Jacobson (of DVD Movie Guide) both posted in the Simpsons S6 thread at the HTF that their review copies (like all FOX TV sets) didn't include the booklet, so I'm assuming if that flyer is real, the reviewers who received screeners won't know about it because they won't be included.
Old 08-10-05, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

From the DVD Talk review:

"The good news is that Fox is allowing fans to send in for a mail in replacement case that fits the format of the earlier season releases, proving that every once in a while you can have your cake and eat it too."
Old 08-10-05, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by RichardW

"The good news is that Fox is allowing fans to send in for a mail in replacement case that fits the format of the earlier season releases, proving that every once in a while you can have your cake and eat it too."
There. Now hopefully everyone can stop whining about the packaging in this thread
Old 08-10-05, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by steebo777
There. Now hopefully everyone can stop whining about the packaging in this thread
Well, the review says (about the episode "Lisa's Rival"): "This episode features Lisa Kudrow as Allison's voice" - which is flat out wrong as it was Wynona Ryder providing the voice. So who knows what else he got wrong.
Old 08-10-05, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by RichardW

But will it come shrink-wrapped? I leave the shrink wrap on all mine and just slice the end open.
Old 08-10-05, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
But will it come shrink-wrapped? I leave the shrink wrap on all mine and just slice the end open.
I don't know if that was supposed to be funny, but it was.
Old 08-10-05, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Dutin
I'm just wondering if they will continue to use the character heads after season ten and move to other characters?
I think some people will have stopped buying the sets by the time Season 10 with the Bart case comes out anyway, because that's around when the quality of the show dropped.
Old 08-10-05, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
I don't know if that was supposed to be funny, but it was.
No, I was being serious.

And apparently I'm not the only one who does it

Shrink Wrap Thread
Old 08-10-05, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Digital Bits reports Season Seven in January? Is that right? Five months after the Season Six?

In a promotional insert included with Fox's new DVD of the pilot episode of Over There, the studio lists a number of upcoming TV titles of interest. According to the insert, you can expect 24: Season Four to be released on DVD in December, along with The Simpsons: The Complete Seventh Season, M*A*S*H: Season Nine and Reba: The Complete Second Season. NYPD Blue: Season 03 is listed as coming in January. The Shield: Season 4 is expected "in Winter". And here's perhaps the best news. The following TV series are all listed as "coming soon" to DVD from Fox: Alien Nation, Hill Street Blues, Over There, Time Tunnel and Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea. The pamphlet also lists Space: Above and Beyond and The White Shadow, which have already been confirmed.
Old 08-10-05, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That's tenative at this point...I think most every Simpsons set has been "announced" or rumored for a certain month, and then pushed back. I would be shocked and impressed if they actually held firm to a December release.
Old 08-10-05, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

For those of us that bought this at coconuts and need the POP, does this still have the detachable paper on the back so we don't have to cut up the box for the rebate?
Old 08-10-05, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just hope they keep up with these replacement cases for future sets. Why do I get the feeling they started to manufacture season set cases with the old style before some whiz wunderkid came in from marketing with his "brilliant" idea to f' the entire series over, leaving cases of the old cases in the warehouse. This is probably Fox's chance to get rid of the cases and be done with them, but I fear they won't manufacture season seven alternate cases.
Old 08-10-05, 05:01 PM

Got them in today...

And YES, the reported coupon is inside.

It basically says "For anal-retentive collector's who fear change. Fear not, you can get a box containing nothing new or different than what you are used to."

There is a 1-800 number, which I called hoping to get a machine but a real person answered and since we can't sell them yet and I haven't bought it yet I didn't want to get stir up any trouble.

What the poster said earlier is true. It is basically held together by two pieces of tape that are easily removed without leaving evidence behind. The booklet is probably the best one produced but is small. The discs are held in clear disc holders.

I hope this helps.
Old 08-10-05, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Well, I'm glad they're offering the anal-retentive types like me a chance to have their bland cardboard boxes back. But I actually prefer the new cases and would love to have something similar for every season. They absolutely have to do a Duff Beer version:

Now that would be nice.
Old 08-10-05, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Chad
Well, I'm glad they're offering the anal-retentive types like me a chance to have their bland cardboard boxes back. But I actually prefer the new cases and would love to have something similar for every season. They absolutely have to do a Duff Beer version:

Now that would be nice.
The Duff Beer can will be the release of all the seasons once the entire series is complete!

So I wonder if they ever put Herman's Head on DVD the set will come in a Herman's head?
Old 08-10-05, 06:27 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by shtfilter
And YES, the reported coupon is inside.

It basically says "For anal-retentive collector's who fear change. Fear not, you can get a box containing nothing new or different than what you are used to."

There is a 1-800 number, which I called hoping to get a machine but a real person answered and since we can't sell them yet and I haven't bought it yet I didn't want to get stir up any trouble.
How much does the "old style" box cost? And do you know if it's in the style of the old digipack boxes, or just a plain old box?

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.