DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Scrubs Best Buy bonus DVD (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/420479-scrubs-best-buy-bonus-dvd.html)

CrashNBurn69 04-28-05 02:42 PM

Scrubs Best Buy bonus DVD

for those of you who dont read the best buy exclusives thread, best buy will have a bonus dvd with the scrubs season coming out may 17. it has outtakes, deleted scenes, an improv featurette, and an interview with sarah chalke. click here for the best buy website. theres also a bonus dvd for assault on precinct 13 but its just previews for a couple new movies, has nothing to do with the movie.

Michael Corvin 04-28-05 02:48 PM

d'oh. Pre-ordered elsewhere. Might have to cancel depending on price. Thanks for the heads up.

Al Padrino 04-28-05 06:32 PM

The way BB's pricing on new releases have been in recent months, it's going to have to be a damn good bonus DVD.

0rac 04-28-05 09:00 PM

For the fans, we at zach-braff.com have online the 1min+ DVD trailer for viewing.

snoogins 05-10-05 09:27 AM

Is it available at Best Buy B&R or just the internet? Found the disc on bestbuy.com.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....cat59400050012

speedy1961 05-10-05 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by snoogins
Is it available at Best Buy B&R or just the internet? Found the disc on bestbuy.com.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....cat59400050012

I thought I read that it would be available online and at retail stores.

Michael Corvin 05-10-05 12:23 PM

I want to know as well. I just cancelled my order at buy so I can get the bonus disc.

DaveNinja 05-10-05 12:53 PM

I just ordered one from bestbuy just to be sure i get the disc.

Giles 05-10-05 04:48 PM

goddamn Best Buy charged me tax on my pre-order... whatever.

Michael Corvin 05-10-05 08:42 PM

Just did the same thing. I guess the extra disc is worth a couple extra bucks.

digitalfreaknyc 05-11-05 09:01 AM

Just because you order online doesn't mean you're guaranteed the bonus disc. I'm picking mine up "in store" to make sure i get it.

B.A. 05-11-05 09:03 AM

Thanks for that bit of info.

DVD Josh 05-11-05 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Giles
goddamn Best Buy charged me tax on my pre-order... whatever.

Yes, that's called NORMAL. Here's a little primer - when you buy things online and they have a retail store in your state, you pay sales tax. Now you know. And as our good friend Flint says, knowing it half the battle. The other half, of course, is paying sales tax.

DaveNinja 05-11-05 12:03 PM

According to the web site if you order the set you get the bonus disc. they dont say you 'may' get the bonus disc. If i dont get it, i'm going to be pissed since thats the only reason i ordered from their site.

digitalfreaknyc 05-11-05 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by DaveNinja
According to the web site if you order the set you get the bonus disc. they dont say you 'may' get the bonus disc. If i dont get it, i'm going to be pissed since thats the only reason i ordered from their site.

Actually...check the fine print. yes it does say that. It says "while supplies last."

No guarantee.

DaveNinja 05-18-05 09:44 AM

freakin best buy dot com. i didnt get the bonus disc. I guess i'll have to return the set and if i cant get one with the bonus disc, i'll buy it elsewhere. Why do i even bother with online stores anymore? i always have crap like this happen.

Gizmo 05-18-05 10:06 AM

Went to Best Buy B&M and got mine with the bonus disc. Keep in mind, if its all 'sold out' in the new release section, check out the TV Box Set section as well. Found a whole stack of 15 or so all with Bonus discs there.

digitalfreaknyc 05-18-05 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by DaveNinja
freakin best buy dot com. i didnt get the bonus disc. I guess i'll have to return the set and if i cant get one with the bonus disc, i'll buy it elsewhere. Why do i even bother with online stores anymore? i always have crap like this happen.

Hate to say it but told you so.

Got mine in store yesterday in the TV section.

DaveNinja 05-18-05 11:06 AM

Did anyone who ordered it online get the bonus disc?

bookcase3 05-18-05 11:54 AM

I placed my order last Friday, and received it today with the bonus disc packaged with it.

Michael Corvin 05-18-05 12:34 PM

No bonus disc here either. I sent my wife to the store with the set and receipt to get me one. If not I told her to return it, I will spend my money elsewhere. I don't support false advertising.

Liquid Death 05-18-05 01:47 PM

BB.com is really sporadic about the Bonus Discs...I've never had any luck getting any sort of bonus (even if advertised) with a disc purchased online (I recall the Die Another Day w/ Women of 007 promo disc vividly).

Michael Corvin 05-18-05 02:13 PM

Well fortunately she got one. :up: yea! She said they only had 6 left though. So this is a good route to take instead of returning the set through the mail.

DaveNinja 05-18-05 03:52 PM

I'll be heading to best buy these evening to try and trade in for the bonus disc.

DaveNinja 05-19-05 09:20 AM

I went and returned it at Best Buy and then found they had no copies of it left. Crazy. They had piles of everything that came out the day before except Scrubs. I made sure to check everywhere (including the TV box sets section).
Can anyone pick up and extra set to sell me? If not, i guess i'll pick it up at Target and look for the bonus DVD stuff online.