DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   No separate 2005 WWE Hall of Fame set this year?!? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/417627-no-separate-2005-wwe-hall-fame-set-year.html)

CaseyB 04-07-05 05:18 PM

No separate 2005 WWE Hall of Fame set this year?!?

I was just reading the news for today on a wrestling site and found out that the Hall of Fame footage will be included with the 3-disc WrestleMania set...but there's no plans for a separate 2-disc set like last year. :( I really loved the set last year and this year would have been great to have too with Piper & Hogan.

Al Padrino 04-07-05 07:44 PM

I like the move. Last year's wasn't worth the $17 it cost. I think it makes more sense for the disc to be included with WM. You get it all for $20, whereas WM last year was $20 on its own and the HOF set was another $17. Besides, most of the good Hogan stuff is already on his Hulk Still Rules DVD.

Erik68 04-07-05 08:42 PM

Depends on how you look at it.

Last years WM set was 3 discs and could be had for $18.

The HoF set was 2 discs and could be had for $16.

So, that's a total of $34 for 5 discs. ($6.80/disc)

I enjoyed the Hall of Fame disc and thought it was money well spent.

This years WM set is also 3 discs (1 covers the HoF, so we're already losing content that was included last year). The set could be had for $16 as well (if you pre-ordered when it was first put up at DDD). This is about $5.33/disc or $6.67 if you're getting it at the $20 price tag. Not much diffference in the price per disc to complain about.

Class316 04-07-05 10:11 PM

That best of the 80s set has HOF stuff.

MovieExchange 04-07-05 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Al Padrino
I like the move. Last year's wasn't worth the $17 it cost. I think it makes more sense for the disc to be included with WM. You get it all for $20, whereas WM last year was $20 on its own and the HOF set was another $17. Besides, most of the good Hogan stuff is already on his Hulk Still Rules DVD.

Last year's was worth the cost for Heenan alone.

davey_4964 04-08-05 12:15 AM

I missed Wrestlemania this year, was the Piper's Pit segment any good..what happened with Piper and Austin?

Al Padrino 04-08-05 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by MovieExchange
Last year's was worth the cost for Heenan alone.

Agreed, although the amount of clips, considering their length, is criminally low.

I missed Wrestlemania this year, was the Piper's Pit segment any good..what happened with Piper and Austin?
Have you ever seen Austin stun someone? If so, no need to see this.

Scarface83 04-08-05 03:27 PM

Whata joke, they release it last year when Billy Graham was the big name but they don't release it this year with Hogan, Piper, Orndorff etc

moviesaregreat 04-08-05 04:39 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Does anyone know if their going to have any of the legends matches on disc 3?