Reload this Page >

The Daily Show with Jon Stewart: Indecision 2004 06.28.05

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 04-07-05, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

from the bits

Also today, Paramount has informed us that they're going to be releasing The Daily Show with Jon Stewart: Indecision 2004 on 6/28 (no SRP yet). The uncensored, 3-disc set will feature all the fake political news and coverage you've come to expect from the show, including all four episodes from the Democratic convention, all four episodes from the Republican convention, and the The Bush-Kerry Debate: The Squabble in Coral Gables and Election Night 2004: Prelude to a Recount live specials
Old 04-07-05, 09:20 AM

I wouldn't mind a chance to see some Daily Show episodes without all the bleeping, although the bleeping is often funny in its own right. But this doesn't seem like enough material to fill three discs; at most there's four hours worth of actual running time here. Hopefully, this means lots of extras.

RichC
Old 04-07-05, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This was some pretty funny stuff, but I think some of the best stuff was from Indecision 2000.
Old 04-07-05, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I wonder if it will have his cuddle session with John Kerry.
Old 04-08-05, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I love the Daily Show and would love to get this, but the merest passing thought of the 2004 election makes me want to....

Old 04-08-05, 10:51 AM
Banned

I'm all over this!
Old 04-12-05, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Cover art's up:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3243

My dad loves Jon Stewart, so I'm thinking that this'll be a good Christmas present for him.
Old 04-12-05, 11:27 AM
Banned

Cool...can't wait.
Old 04-12-05, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

good stuff!
Old 04-12-05, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

hah a love the cover art and the all-too-serious looks on everybody.
Old 04-12-05, 12:28 PM
Banned

I think it's sad that this show often gets quoted as to where a lot of youngsters get their news from.

If you want humor and a somewhat serious look at the news, I recommend Dennis Miller's show on CNBC. Even though Dennis is a post-9/11 "conservative", at least he has a 3-person "Varsity Panel" that is usually fair and balanced with at least one, sometimes two liberal representatives. Jon Stewart just has himself.

Last edited by Mike Lowrey; 04-12-05 at 12:38 PM.
Old 04-12-05, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mike Lowrey
I think it's sad that this show often gets quoted as to where a lot of youngsters get their news from.

If you want humor and a somewhat serious look at the news, I recommend Dennis Miller's show on CNBC. Even though Dennis is a post-9/11 "conservative", at least he has a 3-person "Varisty Panel" that is usually fair and balanced with at least one, sometimes two liberal representatives. Jon Stewart just has himself.

whatever
Old 04-12-05, 12:39 PM
Banned

^ Yeah really, it's called "Satire" Mike.
Old 04-12-05, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Dennis Miller used to be funny... like 10 years ago, but now he is just insufferably smug.

And the only way one would get the most out of the Daily Show is if one is already familiar with the issues and news stories they mock.

And, oh yeah, it's not meant to be a news source at all - whoever thinks it is, is a moron.

Last edited by slop101; 04-12-05 at 12:52 PM.
Old 04-12-05, 02:35 PM

I think the state of the OTHER news being as it is happens to be the "sad" thing, not that "the news" has become shorthand for "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" for 20-somethings.

And Dennis Miller...yeah, he's so fair and balanced, he should be on the OFFICIAL fair and balanced network. He has liberal representatives, but he turns his sarcasm on them, and just so conveniently he only ever has liberals on the show who sit there sputtering unable to respond. Yeah, THAT'S fair.

Sorry, but I'll stick with Stephen Colbert trying to determine the holy water from the Pepsi on "This Week in God" rather than Dennis Miller: Most Esoteric Man Alive, thanks.
Old 04-12-05, 02:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by robsul82
I think the state of the OTHER news being as it is happens to be the "sad" thing, not that "the news" has become shorthand for "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" for 20-somethings.
Talk about a statement that calls for the one word response of "whatever", that one surely does.

And Dennis Miller...yeah, he's so fair and balanced, he should be on the OFFICIAL fair and balanced network. He has liberal representatives, but he turns his sarcasm on them, and just so conveniently he only ever has liberals on the show who sit there sputtering unable to respond. Yeah, THAT'S fair.
This is just it. Some on the Left believe that if there is any allowance of the other side's POV, then the discussion isn't fair and balanced. Is Miller a comedian? Yes? Is he now more conservative than he used to be? Yes. Does he allow liberals to give their POV? Yes. Does he disagree with them all the time? No, some liberals make some good points from time to time, but there are some who constantly take cheaps shots at the Administration, and Miller calls them on it.
Old 04-12-05, 02:52 PM

Nice complete dismissal of my point that the "real" news is vapid, hollow BS no one believes or cares about anymore, which is what has ALLOWED for a show like "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" to BECOME what it has become to young people...but hey, maybe you'll answer it now that I outlined it with a big purple crayon. I keed, I keed.

And Miller doesn't allow liberals to have a viewpoint on his show. I've seen his show. He cuts them off and makes a snarky comment, and moves on before allowing them to rebut his lame aside. That's not political discourse, that's Dennis Miller shaking his head and making an unfunny snide joke, completely ignoring the point the liberal made. But hey, he's on YOUR side now, so it's A-OK. If he was still the Dennis Miller who was on Dennis Miller Live on HBO, then it'd be terrible. It's true.
Old 04-12-05, 02:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by robsul82
Nice complete dismissal of my point that the "real" news is vapid, hollow BS no one believes or cares about anymore, which is what has ALLOWED for a show like "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" to BECOME what it has become to young people...but hey, maybe you'll answer it now that I outlined it with a big purple crayon. I keed, I keed.

And Miller doesn't allow liberals to have a viewpoint on his show. I've seen his show. He cuts them off and makes a snarky comment, and moves on before allowing them to rebut his lame aside. That's not political discourse, that's Dennis Miller shaking his head and making an unfunny snide joke, completely ignoring the point the liberal made. But hey, he's on YOUR side now, so it's A-OK. If he was still the Dennis Miller who was on Dennis Miller Live on HBO, then it'd be terrible. It's true.
You must not have watched enough of the current Dennis Miller show to knw what you're talking about, so I'll let you slide on this one.

But apparently Jon Stewart is on YOUR side, so it's A-OK, with you right? Talk about hypocritical.

I just mearly mentioned another show like Jon Stewart's and suddenly he's one of them eviiil Republicans.
Old 04-12-05, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

this is in the dvd forum, not the politics forum. if people like something and are excited about it's release, so be it. no one asked for your commentary regarding Dennis Miller.

Is he coming out with a dvd of his show? no. then he doesn't really need to be mentioned. no one is going to have some epiphany that all this time the show they've been enjoying was something else.....hence the "whatever"
Old 04-12-05, 03:02 PM

Watched two weeks solid of DM's CNBC show, friend, sorry. Every single one fits what I said.

And a common episode of "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" goes like this - recap of the day's top two or three news stories done from a liberal bent. "This Week in God"/similar in-studio comment/"reporter" goes to check out some moron LIBERAL who chained themselves to the wrong building to protest some forest being destroyed. Interview with someone hawking a book, and Stewart's done fine with Al Franken AND Ari Fleischer, if you're being *ahem* fair and balanced you'll admit that. The interview portion is always low-key, jokey, and not some liberal hit piece.

DM makes snide comment after snide comment about liberal viewpoints, constantly interrupts the "liberal viewpoint" in his discussion, roll credits. Every single time.

Still no acknowledgment for why "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" has become "the news" for young people, but...whatever.
Old 04-12-05, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by dick_grayson
whatever
i certaintly agree.
Old 04-12-05, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

First Mike Lowrey craps on Fahrenheit 9/11 DVD threads, now he does it on Daily Show DVD threads.
Old 04-12-05, 05:48 PM
Suspended

Go masterbate each other in the Political forum.
Old 04-12-05, 05:53 PM

Does anyone have something to add about the actual content of this set?

Wake me up when you do.

Thank you.

RichC
Old 04-13-05, 07:17 AM

I hope this is a start to a best of series or something like that. I love this show.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.