DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Brandon Lee Tribute (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/416540-brandon-lee-tribute.html)

JIF 03-31-05 10:27 AM

Brandon Lee Tribute

Today (March 31st) is the 12th anniversary of Brandon Lee's untimely death. Tonight I'll be paying homage to the late actor by watching THE CROW.

Anyone else planning to do the same?

Crow331 03-31-05 11:15 AM

Yes, I will be doing the same ...

12 years ago ... wow.

By the way, one of my hobbies is collecting high school yearbooks of celebrities. This is Brandon's, I thought maybe some of you might be interested in checking it out ...

http://home.sprynet.com/~storm02/BrandonSchool.jpg

Cardiac161 03-31-05 01:06 PM

I really believed that Brandon Lee had so much potential and I still remember where I was and what I was doing the day I heard over the news that he died.

Truly a tragedy...

Dan1boy 03-31-05 01:29 PM

Great pics!

Funny about this thread. I just watched the segment of "Unsolved Mysteries: Legends" DVD box of Brandon Lee and the "curse" of the Lee legacy. Chilling stuff. Went into a lot of detail about the bullet mix-up etc.

Cameron 03-31-05 02:33 PM

Instead i will watch laser mission...j/k

12 years....wow, I can't believe how long ago that seems

Spamcola 03-31-05 05:47 PM

I'll celebrate by watching the Brandon Lee classic...Laser Mission

"Oh..such a gentleman"
"Oh..such a bitch"

Dai 03-31-05 06:57 PM

12 years already??

Wow!!

Need to get a copy of the Crow

Myster X 04-01-05 12:04 AM

I still don't own a copy yet ;)

sureAV421 04-01-05 12:24 AM

watched it tonight, and listened to the commentary. still as good as ever.

RocShemp 04-01-05 12:34 AM

Since it's been so long, do you suppose we'll finally see a director's cut of The Crow or is it still not gonna happen?

AsmodeusVice 04-01-05 06:39 AM

I'm surprised that no one mentioned that they are going to watch Showdown in Little Tokyo.

"Kenner, just incase we get killed, I wanted to tell you that you have the biggest dick I've ever seen on a man."

Michael Corvin 04-01-05 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Since it's been so long, do you suppose we'll finally see a director's cut of The Crow or is it still not gonna happen?

Doubtful. Unless the producer and Proyas are on speaking terms again.

I've been meaning to watch the Crow again anyway. Good reason to cue it up tonight. :up:

buckee1 04-01-05 07:43 AM

I had no idea 12 years had passed. Still a shame:(

MovieExchange 04-01-05 07:55 AM

Man, what a loss. I remember being at the Motor City Comic Convention shortly before Brandon's death. James O'Barr had been showing me photos of he and Brandon on the set of The Crow, and he was talking about how great the movie was going to be. Then on April Fool's Day, a friend called and told me that Brandon was dead. I refused to believe it until the next day.

After seeing The Crow, it was obvious that Brandon would have been the next major action star in Hollywood had he not been killed.

Taken from his friends and family... all because Hollywood was too cheap to invest in a "non gun," a prop gun that made all the right sparks and sounds, but was incapable of discharging any projectile.

ytrez 04-01-05 01:33 PM

I'm actually considering watching Rapid Fire.

I have to agree that Brandon had action hero potential. Such a shame.

mrhan 04-01-05 02:04 PM

I wish they would release the Kung Fu pilot where Brandon played Caine's decendant. I thought it had more potential than the series that was actually made afterwards. I still have the original pilot which I taped the night it aired on CBS. Maybe I will watch it tonight. I thought it was a cool idea to have Caine's decendant be a criminal and to find his way back.

RocShemp 04-01-05 06:43 PM

I thought that was a TV movie based on the series, not a pilot for a spinoff show, mrhan.

I was afraid that was still the case, Michael Corvin. Such a shame. :(

mrhan 04-01-05 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by RocShemp
I thought that was a TV movie based on the series, not a pilot for a spinoff show, mrhan.

I was afraid that was still the case, Michael Corvin. Such a shame. :(

No, there was a 1 hour pilot set in the mid-eighties with Brandon Lee and Miquel Ferrer (from Crossing Jordan) play criminals. It is not the movie in which he played Caine's son but a totally different story in which he played a future decendant named Johnnie Kwai Chang Caine.

RocShemp 04-01-05 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by mrhan
No, there was a 1 hour pilot set in the mid-eighties with Brandon Lee and Miquel Ferrer (from Crossing Jordan) play criminals. It is not the movie in which he played Caine's son but a totally different story in which he played a future decendant named Johnnie Kwai Chang Caine.

Interesting. I never so much as heard about it. So what was the pilot like? Care to give a synopsis? You know, beyond the decendant being a criminal thing. Any other link to the previous show beyond the character's name?

mrhan 04-01-05 11:27 PM

Basically, it is about Johnnie; who turned his back on his father's teachings which are basic retreads of what Kwai Chang Caine was preaching back in the original KF series. He turns to crime; specifically B&E and uses his kung fu skills for evil. His father and his probation officer tries to turn him around by trying to make him narc on his friend (Miguel Ferrer).

Found this on IMBD but it doesn't say much.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093372/#comment

RocShemp 04-01-05 11:33 PM

Interesting. I wonder if it'll ever make it's way to DVD in some form or another. Maybe as an extra in one of the season sets?

mrhan 04-01-05 11:57 PM

There should be a series in which a particular actors obsecure TV appearances are put together. They should put this one back to back with O'hara (Pat Morita series) in which Brandon played a gangster's son in one of the episodes. Along the same line; they should also release Bruce Lee's TV appearances; specifically Longstreet. The new series Blind Justice is exactly the same plot and Paramount produced both series.