DVD Talk Legend

NEW Davey and Goliath Vol. 1: Special Edition 06.07.05

From DVD BLISS

Davey and Goliath Vol. 1: Special Edition
Available: Tuesday, June 07, 2005
List Price: $19.99
Runtime: 150 Minutes
Number of discs: 2

Davey and Goliath®, the beloved stop-motion animated television series about a little boy Davey® and his talking dog Goliath®, was created in the 1960s and 1970s and has had a profound impact on millions of people around the world for more than 40 years. Now, we welcome these quirky, wholesome characters back into our lives on DVD! Relive your childhood memories! Produced by “Gumby” creators Art Clokey and Ruth Clokey Goodell, Davey and Goliath provides a welcome alternative to other children’s programming. The series, newly refurbished and digitally restored for DVD, features moral themes, which today can be seen as timeless. This first Special 2-Disc Collector’s Edition features the all-time classic episodes, “The Kite,” “Finders Keepers,” “Blind Man’s Bluff,” and “Stranded on an Island,” plus the 30-minute summer camp special, “To The Rescue”!

BONUS MATERIAL:
• A Talking DVD Cover! For a limited time, the cover of this 2-Disc DVD Set will feature a voice chip button that when pressed, says: “I don’t know, Daaaavey!” in Goliath’s original voice.
• “Oh Davey!...History of the Davey and Goliath Television Series”: The 60-minute documentary that was broadcast on ABC television and includes the history of “Davey and Goliath,” interviews with the original creators and special “behind the scenes” footage of the making of the all new “Davey and Goliath’s Snowboard Christmas!”
• An interactive “Davey and Goliath” Read-A-Long by Scholastic Books.

Preorder at Amazon
Old 03-26-05, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The greatest Lutheran-based claymation serial ever!
Old 03-26-05, 01:04 AM

Anyone remember the Halloween episode where the actual name of the holiday was not mentioned but was instead referred to as "Night of Mischief"? I saw this ep on TV a few years ago and Davey goes on a vandalism spree... even going so far as to smash store front windows!
Old 03-26-05, 07:54 AM
JAA
DVD Talk Special Edition

...was created in the 1960s and 1970s and has had a profound impact on millions of people around the world for more than 40 years.
I'm among those affected. I'm all over this release.
Old 03-26-05, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

These are cute. Never saw them as a kid, but I've stumbled across them on ETWN a few times while channel surfing. I liked the mountain dew commercial that featured them too.
Old 03-26-05, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jason
These are cute. Never saw them as a kid, but I've stumbled across them on ETWN a few times while channel surfing. I liked the mountain dew commercial that featured them too.
I used to watch them all the time as a kid... I think that's why the Mountain Dew commercial had such an effect on me... "We got hosed, Davey...we got hosed!"