DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Goo-Gone, Oops!, ...paint thinner? Etc. (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/415648-goo-gone-oops-paint-thinner-etc.html)

NatrlBornThrllr 03-25-05 11:06 PM

Oh, triple post in an effort to get things back on topic: I'm going to give Goo-Gone a try next time my supply of Oops runs out. Is it available pretty much anywhere? And how about the Goo-Gone sticker remover? Anywhere?

-JP

island007 03-25-05 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by NatrlBornThrllr
Oh, triple post in an effort to get things back on topic: I'm going to give Goo-Gone a try next time my supply of Oops runs out. Is it available pretty much anywhere? And how about the Goo-Gone sticker remover? Anywhere?

-JP

Try a pawn shop. If it doesn't work you can always drive 45 minutes to Best Buy.

NatrlBornThrllr 03-25-05 11:41 PM

Clever. Try the rest of the internet, you might be able to find something better with which to pass your time.

-JP

island007 03-25-05 11:47 PM

You're right, this thread was a waste of my time.
Thanks for reminding me. IGNORE!

NatrlBornThrllr 03-26-05 12:03 AM

My pleasure. Seriously.

-JP

Dabaomb 03-26-05 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by NatrlBornThrllr

-JP

I got mine from Rite Aid which is a drug store when they had it for Free after rebate.

NatrlBornThrllr 03-26-05 03:16 AM

Ah, we don't have Rite Aids here in Texas.
I'll try the local drug stores, though.

-JP

Adiras 03-26-05 09:54 AM

I actually have the sticker specific Goo-Gone, and it is stil a pain to get the sticky off. I put a couple drops directly on the sticker, and if I wait too long it evaporates, or if I don't wait long enough it doesn't lift anything.
Although I am now thinking about skipping used B&M stores just because they put so many stickers on, and its the kind of stickers that leave residue no matter what you do.

laserdogg 03-26-05 10:00 AM

I use Ronsonol lighter fluid. It's chemical name is Naphtha and works great on stickers / residue. It dries fairly quickly and softens up stickers on just about any material and best yet it's safe for paper / printing and all plastics that I've used it on. Some of the others - especially goof off will melt the plastic and ruin printing on about anything.

feloosa 03-26-05 10:52 AM

there's a mild solvent called Bestine, which is recommended to get tape and residue off original movie posters. if it's fine for expensive posters, then it's fine for a dvd case. you can get it at Micheal's and other arts and craft supply shops.

goo gone is way overkill for the job. it'll melt your case.