Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Alright I give up! Where can I buy individual releases of Warner's Gangsters?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Alright I give up! Where can I buy individual releases of Warner's Gangsters?

Old 03-23-05, 11:37 AM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 688
Alright I give up! Where can I buy individual releases of Warner's Gangsters?

Is my only solution online?
No store hardly has the box set.
and none have any titles in the single release.
chileorgullo is offline  
Old 03-23-05, 12:05 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Hollywood
Posts: 1,310
Have you tried Best Buy yet? I saw them there.
devilpants is offline  
Old 03-23-05, 12:11 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 12,306
best buy, borders, suncoast,....or buy it online....its all over....i would say the box is easier to get than the singles
Cameron is offline  
Old 03-23-05, 12:20 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: WV
Posts: 3,178
Columbia House has the box set and all of the titles available individually.
fryinpan1 is offline  
Old 03-23-05, 12:39 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Johnny Zhivago's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Korova Milkbar
Posts: 5,435
Originally Posted by fryinpan1
Columbia House has the box set and all of the titles available individually.
Yup, and they should be available for enrollment on or around 4/25... I plan on opening a new account with all six at that time.
Johnny Zhivago is offline  
Old 03-23-05, 01:06 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 688
Originally Posted by Cameron
best buy, borders, suncoast,....or buy it online....its all over....i would say the box is easier to get than the singles
that's my problem.
I tried best buy release week, and the week after and hadn't seen even the box. will try there today. thanks.
chileorgullo is offline  
Old 03-23-05, 01:19 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 12,306
you can also purchase this at a best buy store and have it shipped to your house if it is out of stock....or you can pick it up in store
Cameron is offline  
Old 03-23-05, 01:40 PM
  #8  
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 63
is it only available in full screen? that all can find.
veritas878 is offline  
Old 03-23-05, 01:43 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Lyon Estates
Posts: 10,795
Originally Posted by veritas878
is it only available in full screen? that all can find.

that was the only aspect ratio back then. Wizard of Oz is only done in full as are a lot of (if not most) Hitchcock movies.
dick_grayson is offline  
Old 03-23-05, 01:50 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
buckee1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Minding the precious things in the Local Shop
Posts: 4,107
I got all mine @ Amazon.com
buckee1 is offline  
Old 03-23-05, 01:53 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: on a river in a kayak..where else?
Posts: 4,949
Originally Posted by chileorgullo
that's my problem.
I tried best buy release week, and the week after and hadn't seen even the box. will try there today. thanks.
Make sure to ask....because BB has a bad habit of sticking things where they don't belong. I found Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia in the freakin' horror section.

gutwrencher is offline  
Old 03-23-05, 03:20 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Formerly known as (ahem) "LASERMOVIES"/California
Posts: 9,464
I got mine from Costco about a week after it was released.
Laser Movies is offline  
Old 03-23-05, 07:27 PM
  #13  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,682
Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
I got mine from Costco about a week after it was released.
Definately a YMMV at this point, as Costco rarely restocks DVD catalog titles and this set was released eight months ago.
RevKarl is offline  
Old 03-23-05, 07:38 PM
  #14  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Formerly known as (ahem) "LASERMOVIES"/California
Posts: 9,464
Originally Posted by RevKarl
Definately a YMMV at this point, as Costco rarely restocks DVD catalog titles and this set was released eight months ago.
The Gangster Collection was released about 2 months ago. Perhaps you are referring to the Film Noir Collection? Last time I was at Coscto they still had plenty of copies of the Gangster Collection available.
Laser Movies is offline  
Old 03-23-05, 08:03 PM
  #15  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 29,934
Originally Posted by gutwrencher
Make sure to ask....because BB has a bad habit of sticking things where they don't belong. I found Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia in the freakin' horror section.
And they put the rest of Alfredo's body in the comedy section.





......
eXcentris is offline  
Old 03-23-05, 08:28 PM
  #16  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: on a river in a kayak..where else?
Posts: 4,949
Originally Posted by eXcentris
And they put the rest of Alfredo's body in the comedy section.
gutwrencher is offline  
Old 03-23-05, 11:37 PM
  #17  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Idaho
Posts: 424
Fullscreen, even if it IS the OAR, ever since getting my widescreen TV, is hard to view now.
prince_of_saturn is offline  
Old 03-24-05, 12:48 AM
  #18  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,682
Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
The Gangster Collection was released about 2 months ago. Perhaps you are referring to the Film Noir Collection? Last time I was at Coscto they still had plenty of copies of the Gangster Collection available.
You're right; My Bad! Point is moot for anyone shopping at my local Costco (Eugene, OR); they are both sold out (of the older WB box sets, they only have a few Cary Grants and Martin Scorseses.)
RevKarl is offline  
Old 03-24-05, 01:02 AM
  #19  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 688
looks like it's online
I only want Angels with Dirty Faces, because I only have the money to dish out for one right now.

but if anyone is going for the set 44.99 is a damn steal
see B.J's !! as always YMMV but go for it !
chileorgullo is offline  
Old 03-24-05, 01:03 AM
  #20  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 12,306
Originally Posted by prince_of_saturn
Fullscreen, even if it IS the OAR, ever since getting my widescreen TV, is hard to view now.
those black bars getting you down?

Whats the big deal with a black bar on the side, or top and bottom....its not like its pictures of naked old people...

If your can't watch OAR full screen movies, then your going to miss a lot of good films
Cameron is offline  
Old 03-24-05, 01:15 AM
  #21  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 688
Originally Posted by Cameron
those black bars getting you down?
If your can't watch OAR full screen movies, then your going to miss a lot of good films
!!
just watched day the earth stood still black bars or no black bars great movie !!
chileorgullo is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.