DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Alright I give up! Where can I buy individual releases of Warner's Gangsters? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/415451-alright-i-give-up-where-can-i-buy-individual-releases-warners-gangsters.html)

chileorgullo 03-23-05 10:37 AM

Alright I give up! Where can I buy individual releases of Warner's Gangsters?

Is my only solution online?
No store hardly has the box set.
and none have any titles in the single release.

devilpants 03-23-05 11:05 AM

Have you tried Best Buy yet? I saw them there.

Cameron 03-23-05 11:11 AM

best buy, borders, suncoast,....or buy it online....its all over....i would say the box is easier to get than the singles

fryinpan1 03-23-05 11:20 AM

Columbia House has the box set and all of the titles available individually.

Johnny Zhivago 03-23-05 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by fryinpan1
Columbia House has the box set and all of the titles available individually.

Yup, and they should be available for enrollment on or around 4/25... I plan on opening a new account with all six at that time.

chileorgullo 03-23-05 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Cameron
best buy, borders, suncoast,....or buy it online....its all over....i would say the box is easier to get than the singles

that's my problem.
I tried best buy release week, and the week after and hadn't seen even the box. will try there today. thanks.

Cameron 03-23-05 12:19 PM

you can also purchase this at a best buy store and have it shipped to your house if it is out of stock....or you can pick it up in store

veritas878 03-23-05 12:40 PM

is it only available in full screen? that all can find.

dick_grayson 03-23-05 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by veritas878
is it only available in full screen? that all can find.

that was the only aspect ratio back then. Wizard of Oz is only done in full as are a lot of (if not most) Hitchcock movies.

buckee1 03-23-05 12:50 PM

I got all mine @ Amazon.com

gutwrencher 03-23-05 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by chileorgullo
that's my problem.
I tried best buy release week, and the week after and hadn't seen even the box. will try there today. thanks.

Make sure to ask....because BB has a bad habit of sticking things where they don't belong. I found Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia in the freakin' horror section.-rolleyes-

rotfl

Laser Movies 03-23-05 02:20 PM

I got mine from Costco about a week after it was released.

RevKarl 03-23-05 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
I got mine from Costco about a week after it was released.

Definately a YMMV at this point, as Costco rarely restocks DVD catalog titles and this set was released eight months ago.

Laser Movies 03-23-05 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by RevKarl
Definately a YMMV at this point, as Costco rarely restocks DVD catalog titles and this set was released eight months ago.

The Gangster Collection was released about 2 months ago. Perhaps you are referring to the Film Noir Collection? Last time I was at Coscto they still had plenty of copies of the Gangster Collection available.

eXcentris 03-23-05 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by gutwrencher
Make sure to ask....because BB has a bad habit of sticking things where they don't belong. I found Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia in the freakin' horror section.

And they put the rest of Alfredo's body in the comedy section. -ohbfrank-

...:p...

gutwrencher 03-23-05 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by eXcentris
And they put the rest of Alfredo's body in the comedy section. -ohbfrank-

rotfl

prince_of_saturn 03-23-05 10:37 PM

Fullscreen, even if it IS the OAR, ever since getting my widescreen TV, is hard to view now.

RevKarl 03-23-05 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
The Gangster Collection was released about 2 months ago. Perhaps you are referring to the Film Noir Collection? Last time I was at Coscto they still had plenty of copies of the Gangster Collection available.

You're right; My Bad! Point is moot for anyone shopping at my local Costco (Eugene, OR); they are both sold out (of the older WB box sets, they only have a few Cary Grants and Martin Scorseses.)

chileorgullo 03-24-05 12:02 AM

looks like it's online
I only want Angels with Dirty Faces, because I only have the money to dish out for one right now.

but if anyone is going for the set 44.99 is a damn steal
see B.J's !! as always YMMV but go for it !

Cameron 03-24-05 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by prince_of_saturn
Fullscreen, even if it IS the OAR, ever since getting my widescreen TV, is hard to view now.

those black bars getting you down?

Whats the big deal with a black bar on the side, or top and bottom....its not like its pictures of naked old people...

If your can't watch OAR full screen movies, then your going to miss a lot of good films

chileorgullo 03-24-05 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by Cameron
those black bars getting you down?
If your can't watch OAR full screen movies, then your going to miss a lot of good films

!! :)
just watched day the earth stood still black bars or no black bars great movie !!