Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Rambo Animated Series - Two Volumes - 6/14/05

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Rambo Animated Series - Two Volumes - 6/14/05

Old 03-24-05, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Mopower
I like how they call it a "classic animated series" when hardly anyone even remembers it.
I remember the ALF cartoon, i remember the Punky Brewster cartoon, i even remember this cartoon where two normal kids go to school at this High School full of ghosts and monsters and such.

Rambo....nope.

Perhaps the three people in the world who actually saw the show consider it "classic".
Old 03-24-05, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by UAIOE
I remember the ALF cartoon, i remember the Punky Brewster cartoon, i even remember this cartoon where two normal kids go to school at this High School full of ghosts and monsters and such.

Rambo....nope.

Perhaps the three people in the world who actually saw the show consider it "classic".

The ALF cartoon kicked ass. I had a ton of those trading cards. I remember each pack came with a card that was part of a big picture of ALF. I don't think I ever completed it though. I have no idea what that has to do with Rambo but anyway...
Old 03-25-05, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I remember Rambo! I remember watching it when I was a kid living in Chicago, and I actually won a Rambo cartoon contest that our local Fox network was having. I went down to the studio and received one of every Rambo toy there was at the time. Including a cool 6-wheeled jeep/tank thingy and a bamboo lookout-tower-type playset. Couldn't tell you anything about the cartoon today, though.
Old 03-25-05, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Xander
I remember Rambo! I remember watching it when I was a kid living in Chicago, and I actually won a Rambo cartoon contest that our local Fox network was having. I went down to the studio and received one of every Rambo toy there was at the time. Including a cool 6-wheeled jeep/tank thingy and a bamboo lookout-tower-type playset. Couldn't tell you anything about the cartoon today, though.
...but do you still have the toys!?!
Old 03-25-05, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Geofferson
Uh, there may still be a few of them down in my parents basement. I remember that they had two different John Rambo figures. One of them was based on the TV character and was dressed in jeans and like a white sweatshirt or something. The other resembled what he wore in the second movie. No shirt, green pants, red headband. Came with a cool rambo knife, M-60, and a rocket launcher. No bow and arrow, though. Pretty cool toys.
Old 03-25-05, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hmm. Does this mean there's hope for the Mr. T cartoon? Or maybe even something good like the Ed Grimley cartoon?

I think I saw a few minutes of Rambo once. It was the kind of failed syndicated show that you could only find at 6:30 in the morning on weekdays - probably on WSBK (like Bots Master, Conan, Phantom 2040). It never made it to Saturday mornings.

I wonder why they never made a Terminator cartoon.
Old 03-25-05, 03:08 PM
Banned

Screw all that, what about the Hulk Hogan cartoon? Now that was a classic show.
Old 03-25-05, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Geofferson
Searched in some boxes and I do indeed have some of the figures. Like Xander said, there's 2 Rambo figures. One has his First Blood Part 2 garb, while the other has him in jeans and a Forces of Freedom shirt. The Part 2 one has this little spring loaded rocket launcher. I have a few other figures I had to look up; Turbo, Mad Dog, and Black Dragon.
Old 03-25-05, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

If it sells for about 10 bucks I might pick it up. I never even knew they made cartoons of Rambo.
Old 03-25-05, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Lowrey
Screw all that, what about the Hulk Hogan cartoon? Now that was a classic show.
Now THAT would kick ass, Brother!

Old 04-27-05, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 06-20-05, 10:01 AM

No street date, but here's the cover art for volumes III & IV:

Old 06-20-05, 12:46 PM
Banned

Well Hell, now that those other two volumes have been announced, I *do* remember the series! Actually I do remember the toys, but not the show. I remember seeing them in toy stores.
Old 06-20-05, 02:02 PM

This company sees some harcore fans coming!

FOUR fucking volumes for this? How about all the episodes in one set, since I don't think this ran for more than a season.

Rip off!
Old 06-21-05, 01:10 PM

TV Tome says that there were 65 episodes, so that leaves room for another two volumes beyond the four already announced. The retail price may not be that great, but I'd hardly call it a ripoff with 11 episodes on each disc. A box set may be coming once all of the volumes are released.

P.S. DDD's 20% off sale brings the price of the first two volumes down to $6.37 each.
58 cents an episode. Not bad at all.

Last edited by SkyDog; 06-21-05 at 01:13 PM.
Old 06-29-05, 10:35 AM

According to TVShowsOnDVD , volumes III & IV will be released on September 13th.