DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Dangerous Game (1993) release in april? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/414729-dangerous-game-1993-release-april.html)

digitalfreaknyc 03-18-05 10:12 AM

Dangerous Game (1993) release in april?

No slams please...

The Harvey Keitel/Madonna version from 1993 is supposedly being released April 12th here but I can't find any record of that date. I've seen the cover artwork but can't find it up for pre-order on any sites. Can anyone confirm this? I'd like to get rid of my laserdisc.

Edit: looks like the info is all from MGM's website but no pre-order. It's the only one of the lot without it. :( wonder why that is?

digitalfreaknyc 04-14-05 10:28 AM

OK so April 12th came and went...no disc. Not on ANYONE's pre-order list yet it's still on MGM's website. What gives??? Anyone know ANYTHING?

Mike Lowrey 04-14-05 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc
No slams please...

The Harvey Keitel/Madonna version from 1993 is supposedly being released April 12th...I'd like to get rid of my laserdisc.

Sorry, I just gotta...You had the laserdisc??? -eek-

digitalfreaknyc 04-14-05 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Mike Lowrey
Sorry, I just gotta...You had the laserdisc??? -eek-

Yes. I'm a huge madonna fan.

And...*gasp*...I had the Body of Evidence laserdisc as well :P

inri222 04-14-05 12:30 PM

Saw it at Entertainment Outlet in NYC a couple of days ago.

digitalfreaknyc 04-14-05 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by inri222
Saw it at Entertainment Outlet in NYC a couple of days ago.

Guess what I'm doing on my lunch break! Thanks :)

Do you know if it was in widescreen?

digitalfreaknyc 04-14-05 03:20 PM

You were right! I just went and picked it up! Weird! Thanks!

Julie Walker 04-14-05 03:38 PM

Digital...I would not sell your laserdisc prematurely here. I assume the laserdisc was released unrated like the VHS?

You will have to make sure MGM releases the correct version this time around. They have a tendency too slip up occasionally(see Dream Lover..dvd cut R version,laserdisc was uncut version).

digitalfreaknyc 04-14-05 03:55 PM

Julie,

Good thinking. It actually says UNRATED on it...and it's widescreen (and full-screen).

Julie Walker 04-14-05 04:55 PM

Well that is good news then:) I am still pissed that they did not release Dream Lover unrated. Oh well,maybe in the next format,lol.

I did do a search on some online retailers and did not see this film listed at all. So was the release postponed(ala Clownhouse) and some copies got into some stores or what?

digitalfreaknyc 04-14-05 05:13 PM

Like i said...it hasn't been up on anyone's site. It's been on the official MGM site and for the longest time, they had this title up for a release date of 4/12 but no link to buy it.

inri222 04-14-05 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc
Like i said...it hasn't been up on anyone's site. It's been on the official MGM site and for the longest time, they had this title up for a release date of 4/12 but no link to buy it.

It probably has to do with the fact that MGM was recently purchased by Sony. Last Man on Earth / Panic in Year Zero Midnight Movie double feature was pulled because of it and the few copies that made it through were confiscated from buyers at the store counter.
Read about it here : http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=15241

digitalfreaknyc 04-14-05 11:14 PM

Hmm...but all the other movies released on Tuesday actually came out. This was the only one that was questionable from day one.

Btw...there's really nothing on the disc that wasn't on the laserdisc. Just a trailer. But it does look a helluva lot better than that laserdisc.

Another thing...no copies on Ebay and no entry on dvdpricesearch. Makes me wonder if i should go and pick up the rest of the copies :)

Julie Walker 04-15-05 02:00 AM

Hmm,you could make a nice mint if rabid A.F. fans are on board...or OOP/rare collector seekers catch on;)

Nah,you may end up wasting more money than you make on this title,lol.

digitalfreaknyc 04-15-05 09:05 AM

well let me just tell you...i did a search on Yahoo for it and couldn't find a single US retailer that had it for sale. Hmmmm...

Ashirg 04-19-05 12:54 AM

buy.com and sendmemovies.com are the only on-line retailers that have it listed. Weird.