Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Just watched "The Incredibles" DVD - AWESOME

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-05, 01:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just watched "The Incredibles" DVD - AWESOME

I just finished watching the just released animated DVD "The Incredibles" from Pixar Studios. The picture quality is beyond belief on my 34" Sony XBR 16x9 HDTV. This has the most vivid contrast and color I've seen yet from any animation. Every time I think something is just about as good as it gets, IT GETS BETTER, and this is definitely better than anything Ive ever seen in the genre. Rush to your local DVD rental outlet and check this one out for sure.

Anyone else seen this DVD yet, if so, comments appreciated....
Old 03-16-05, 01:19 AM

sure hope you have a terrific surround system cuz if not you're missing out. Sound is just as "incredible" as the picture. and for once I'm not wishing for a DTS track, its that good. and don't forget the 2nd disc !! the Jack Jack Attack short is hilarious.
Old 03-16-05, 05:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
It's totally beyond brilliant...I didn't want it to end...it sounds and looks beyond anything i own on dvd right now...
Old 03-16-05, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,301 Likes on 945 Posts
The Incredi-Blunders section is fun.... when rendering goes amuck

Also those that didn't like the short Boundin' can take another look and see the story behind Bud Lucky. Nice to see him get props.

Another interesting segment is a little look at the woman who voiced Violet.

I haven't seen the "Making of..." yet but I feel I might be a little disappointed in it but I hope I'm wrong.

Seems like with each release, Pixar is putting less and less technical/development info onto their discs. Ohwell, can't have it all The movie is still great
Old 03-16-05, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In Jak Jak Adventure, I was always wanting to know what he was doing to the babysitter. Now we know
Old 03-16-05, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by hifisapien
I just finished watching the just released animated DVD "The Incredibles" from Pixar Studios. The picture quality is beyond belief on my 34" Sony XBR 16x9 HDTV. This has the most vivid contrast and color I've seen yet from any animation. Every time I think something is just about as good as it gets, IT GETS BETTER, and this is definitely better than anything Ive ever seen in the genre. Rush to your local DVD rental outlet and check this one out for sure.

Anyone else seen this DVD yet, if so, comments appreciated....
Do you work for Di$ney? I think you're a studio troll
Old 03-16-05, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts
incredible dvd movie and sound...i dont care about the extras.
Old 03-16-05, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
Watched the movie last night and was impressed both with the visuals and audio. I'm looking forward to going through the extras tonight.
Old 03-16-05, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts
Found 5 easter eggs....at least I think they would be considered easter eggs. Everybody else find them yet?
Old 03-16-05, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Dammit, this thread is going to get me to go out there and buy the DVD. I saw it in theaters, and while I liked it a lot, I didn't love it as much as everyone else did. I think I'll have to get it and give it a second spin. I usually enjoy movies more the second time around, anyway.
Old 03-16-05, 09:23 AM

Watched last night on the big screen. Amazing picture quality as reported. Sound was very dynamic, good use of surrounds. The only minor complaint I have is that the dialogue was a little quiet. Other than that...fabulous.
Old 03-16-05, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by NestoJR
sure hope you have a terrific surround system cuz if not you're missing out. Sound is just as "incredible" as the picture. and for once I'm not wishing for a DTS track, its that good. and don't forget the 2nd disc !! the Jack Jack Attack short is hilarious.
Exactly what I was thinking! I thought "The Incredibles" DD 5.1 track was as good as the "Star Trek: First Contact" DTS track I just watched right before "The Incredibles."
Old 03-16-05, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I watched my copy last night as well and was very impressed. The only extra that I watched was the Jak Jak Adventure which was very good too.
Old 03-16-05, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

didn't have that much time last night to plunder the 2nd disc, but I did appreciate the "making of" sections, showing how zany Brad Bird can be, and also appreciated the extras that Pixar stuffed into the DVD, with intros and tons of easter eggs... killer!
Old 03-16-05, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Loved this movie....haven't talked to anyone who saw it that hated it...

dvd is good
Old 03-16-05, 10:39 AM

Disney Employee? Nope!

Originally Posted by steebo777
NO I dont. But I dont mind giving credit where credit is due and this really has set a new level in animation & DVD video quality IMHO....
Old 03-16-05, 10:52 AM

Ya gotta watch "Mr. Incredible and Pals" on Disc 2. Hilarious! Then you gotta watch this short with the commentary... even MORE hilarious!
Old 03-16-05, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

wrdrobeguy...

I agree! The Clutch Cargo-esque animation is hilarious, but the commentaries by Mr. Incredible and Frozone are awesome!

Also check out the Top Secret NSA supers' profiles - they are a laugh riot! I wish I knew who voiced them - two of them sound like Steve Zahn and Neil Flynn.
Old 03-16-05, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts
The commentaries by Mr. Incredible and Frozone on that cartoon are worth the price of the DVD all by themselves. "Did they make me a *white* guy?" Sam Jackson should start doing more voiceovers.
Old 03-16-05, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The easter egg with the guy on the scooter was hilarious! My fiancée and I, and my roommate and his girlfriend were totally bustin' up.
Old 03-16-05, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by steebo777
If he was a Disney troll, he wouldn't be pimpin' a Pixar movie..
Old 03-16-05, 02:28 PM
MYM

"In Jak Jak Adventure, I was always wanting to know what he was doing to the babysitter. Now we know"

I wonder why the animators were not forced to include a seperate short that had a H.E.R.B.I.E. robot instead of an immolating Jack-Jack?

This is my fave Pixar release thus far. The easter eggs are easy to find and the special features are all worth your while esp. the deleted scenes (which are not animated in detail like the movie). I especiaqlly like the Snug the pilot sequence though I totally understand why that was left out as well as the infidelity stuff but both make for a very nice addition to adult viewers.

Easily one of the best "comic book" movies ever made animated or otherwise.
Old 03-16-05, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm also glad they put the Oscar nominated animated short Boundin' on it.
Old 03-16-05, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I haven't heard any word of the tally of how many dvd were sold yesterday. Anyone seen any numbers yet?
Old 03-16-05, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I blind bought it yesterday. Probably watch it this weekend.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.