DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Movies that you never finished, and are not planning to! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/413719-movies-you-never-finished-not-planning.html)

pagansoul 03-11-05 12:20 PM

Movies that you never finished, and are not planning to!

I see the 'Bad Blind Buy' thread but how many movies did you buy but could not sit through it. I'm not talking about lack of time and you will return at another date. I'm talking about those movies you watched 5 or 15 minutes of and decided it wasn't going to get any better. You give it away or trade it in or whatever but you never go back to see the ending. I know people that couldn't make it through LOTR while I don't know how many times I've see all three. I hated FEAR.COM but still made it through the entire movie. I was tempted to walkout on 'Dr. T & the Women' but kept hoping it would get better (it got worst).

What about you?

Mike Lowrey 03-11-05 12:39 PM

Well, I don't usually have that problem, because I only buy titles that I know I will be interested in. I don't buy stuff just because other people consider them to be good or "must haves".

sracer 03-11-05 12:39 PM

The one movie that I will never finish watching also happens to be my worst blind buy....

"THE DEAD HATE THE LIVING"

Damed 03-11-05 12:45 PM

8mm, and "The Marrying Man"

Only 2 movies where I have actually walked out of the theatre and asked for a refund.

Daniel-A 03-11-05 12:57 PM

No matter how bad a movie is I finish it in theaters. I spent my cash I'm gonna watch it all. :)

Hammer99 03-11-05 01:02 PM

Magnolia.

maingon 03-11-05 01:06 PM

I heart huckalbees and house of the dead

PotVsKtl 03-11-05 01:11 PM

Saw. The fact that people think this is good in any way makes me weep for the future of humanity.

Shannon Nutt 03-11-05 01:18 PM

I walked out of 8 HEADS IN A DUFFLE BAG in the theater and have no plans of seeing how that one turned out. I've never finished watching BARRY LYNDON and probably will never get around to finishing it. The only reason I own it is because it's part of my Kubrick box set.

TylerDurden_73 03-11-05 01:18 PM

Natural born killers...just too over the top for me

Walter Neff 03-11-05 01:23 PM

I walked out of "U-Turn" and will never go back and try to watch it again.

radster 03-11-05 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
I walked out of 8 HEADS IN A DUFFLE BAG in the theater and have no plans of seeing how that one turned out. I've never finished watching BARRY LYNDON and probably will never get around to finishing it. The only reason I own it is because it's part of my Kubrick box set.

It's worth watching if only for the 8 Head Octet singing "Mr Sandman".

naseeb 03-11-05 01:50 PM

I Heart Huckabees....... I have no intention of viewing this movie (even partially) ever again...

Muad'Dib 03-11-05 01:53 PM

Godfather 3...I just can't watch it.

NestoJR 03-11-05 02:22 PM

Very Bad Things. only movie I've watched in the theater that I walked out on. Surprisingly some people like it. *shrug*

also a non-region 1 disc I bought blindly, Legend of Zu, will never put that disc back in my player, I endured a hour of crap of it and that was a hour too much. another one recently I got from Netflix that I did finish but wish I hadn't, Tae Guk Gi, way over dramatic and the twists at the end just ruined a decent movie.

I also wish I hadn't finished Jeepers Creepers. so bad its disgusting.

Living Dead 03-11-05 02:25 PM

Either of the Addams Family movies. I fell asleep in the theatre during the first one.

Mike Lowrey 03-11-05 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Muad'Dib
Godfather 3...I just can't watch it.

Oh com'on, I like to watch it just for the incest scene between Andy Garcia's character and his cousin.

fliggil 03-11-05 03:20 PM

I'm with Mike, I only buy movies I know I like. I've only had 2 blind buys (This is Spinal Tap - because I loved Guffman/Best/Mighty and had to see some of the origins; and Bob le Flambeur - because I love 'The Good Thief' so the original had to be pretty solid). Other than that, I've really been able to restrain blind purchases for fear of pulling something bad, there's just too many other movies I want to be taking a chance on a blind buy.

Geofferson 03-11-05 03:25 PM

In the Cut

Count_Zero 03-11-05 03:28 PM

Tobe Hooper's Eaten Alive.

I like almost all of his other films (pre-1990, anyway) but this one was a big-fat, stupid snooze-a-thon. I couldn't believe this was made by the same bunch behind the utterly brilliant Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Highfire 03-11-05 04:06 PM

Solaris.I just couldn't get into it.

ShagMan 03-11-05 04:10 PM

Showgirls, bought it on DVD just for the outrageous gift set, put the movie in, got bored after a hour, turned it off, never gonna finish it. I still appreciate that the studio put some awesome extras in the box though :)

phr33k 03-11-05 04:18 PM

the royal tenenbamous or how ever the fuck you spell it. it was also my worst blind buy

Johnny Zhivago 03-11-05 04:28 PM

The Haunting (1963) - Tried on VHS years ago and again on DVD, twice IIRC, but there's always a point where I just get fed up, from boredom, and turn it off. I generally like Robert Wise films but I just can't get into that one for whatever reason... And more recently, The Cardinal (also 1963, hmmm). Same as The Haunting, I like some Otto Preminger films quite a bit but that one just lost it's appeal to me an hour in. Other than those two, I think I've managed to finish everything that I've started on DVD. Theatrically, I've only walked out once, think it was Nightmare On Elm Street Part whatever.

mthiel 03-11-05 04:34 PM

Napeoleon Dynamyte - had to stop watching because I got sick (I had the flu); I have no desire to watch the 2nd half
Ratcatcher - I had no idea what what was going on (yes, I had the subtitles on and was reading them)
Orlando - same reason as Ratcatcher
The Man Who Fell to Earth - to me, it seemed more like random bits of film than an actual movie