Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Movies that you never finished, and are not planning to!

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Movies that you never finished, and are not planning to!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-05, 04:36 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sky Captain and The World of Tomorrow
Man on Fire
Blue Car
Human Traffic
Napoleon Dynamite
Ray
Old 03-11-05, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 503 Likes on 255 Posts
Originally Posted by DVD King
Only thing that springs to mind is Southpark the movie-- I rented that way back, I don't know why, but it got ejected about 2 minutes in.
What were you expecting?
I saw it opening night and there was a woman behind me that only came to see it because her husband loved the show. She said it certainly wasn't Disney.
Old 03-11-05, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Episode 2 - just can't get through it again on DVD.

Also recently I couldn't finish I, Robot. Thank God I only rented it though.
Old 03-11-05, 05:03 PM
Banned

Only thing that springs to mind is Southpark the movie-- I rented that way back, I don't know why, but it got ejected about 2 minutes in.
WHAT? Thats A GREAT Movie! You just gotta be in the mood, lol
Old 03-11-05, 05:06 PM

I heart huckalbees and Beloved. I've tried watching Beloved a few times and never seem to make it past the first hour.
Old 03-11-05, 05:34 PM

The Dead Hate The Living

Originally Posted by sracer
The one movie that I will never finish watching also happens to be my worst blind buy....

"THE DEAD HATE THE LIVING"
Years ago when this movie came out I had read about it in Fangoria & had to rent it. My sister & I really enjoyed it. I think because it reminded us of all of the horrible horror movies that we filmed on the family video camera back when I was in Jr. High. A couple of weeks later when they put it out, my sister bought the ex-rental vhs from Hollywood Video. I didn't like it enough to buy it, but I guess it was goofy enough to keep me interested. I didn't like the ending though. Anyone who's seen it probably knows why.
Old 03-11-05, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Johnson Family Vacation
Old 03-11-05, 05:40 PM

I couldn't make it through any of the following rentals. They just didn't interest me enough.

Solaris
Mostly Martha
Barb Wire
Camp
Ocean's Twelve

Solaris was so boring, the Clooney nudity was appreciated though. I kept waiting for something to happen in Mostly Martha, but nothing did. So about an hour in I quit watching. Yes, I know that everyone said that Barb Wire sucked, but I thought it might be "so bad it's good fun". It wasn't. I didn't like any of the musical numbers in Camp & I didn't think the characters were that interesting, so I quit about 40 minutes in. My sister & I bought some bootleg dvds off the street when she was visiting me a few months ago. One of them was Ocean's Twelve. We kept watching it for like an hour, but it was so uninteresting we just went to sleep. Well she fell asleep while it was on. So I turned it off. I can't really think of anything else right now. Usually I finish most movies even if I don't like them, because I did pay to rent them. But these were the exceptions.
Old 03-11-05, 11:40 PM

Thirteen

I think I've attempted to watch the movie about three times. The longest I could stand it must have been about 12 or 13 minutes.
Old 03-12-05, 12:04 AM
Lark

Dogville.
Old 03-12-05, 12:42 AM
Banned

The Good Girl: I turned it off after 15 minutes because it was too slow for me.
Old 03-12-05, 01:01 AM

if i didnt pay 10 bucks for alexander i would have walked out on it
Old 03-12-05, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

None. Even if it's a bad movie, I'll still watch it all the way through. I figure if I haven't seen the whole the movie, then I have no right to complain about it.
Old 03-12-05, 01:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Blade Runner
Old 03-12-05, 03:01 AM

The Fog

Bought the $10 MGM disc, tried to finish it twice, each viewing several months apart. Just couldn't do it. I own a few John Carpenter movies, but truthfully, I don't think he's a great director. I love horror / sci-fi / B-movies, but his have never really been among my favorites. However, while I can still be entertained by Vampires, Escape From New York or The Thing, this movie was just painful.
Old 03-12-05, 03:46 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by D-Ball
None. Even if it's a bad movie, I'll still watch it all the way through. I figure if I haven't seen the whole the movie, then I have no right to complain about it.
Seconded. Way back in middle school, I walked out of "What Dreams May Come." I recently gave it another shot, and my tastes have changed since I was 13-14. Aside from that one instance, though...I do my best to sit through every film in it's entirety. Otherwise, I feel like my criticisms will have no merit. It'd be like Roger Ebert saying, "I was going to watch The Godfather...but I turned it off after 15 minutes. That wedding scene was just so LONG that I found it rather tedious! Thumbs down."

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there have been movies I've watched 20-30 minutes of on HBO or Comedy Central or something and haven't finished...but it's always because I've got something else to get around to (or because I've already seen/own the film and I get distracted by another show during commercials).

-JP
Old 03-12-05, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by Cygnet74
Man on Fire
Blue Car
Human Traffic
Napoleon Dynamite
Ray
Ray ??? with Jamie Foxx ? at what point did you choose to stop ? just curious....
Old 03-12-05, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Celtic Pride
Old 03-12-05, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by NatrlBornThrllr
Seconded.
Spoken by someone who has obviously not seen THE DEAD HATE THE LIVING
Old 03-12-05, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by kornboy
WHAT? Thats A GREAT Movie! You just gotta be in the mood, lol
I agree. What I read what DVD King wrote I said "WHAT?". But then I realize to each his/her own. When I saw this movie in the theaters I never laughed my ass off so much. Still when I pop that DVD in, I get such a laugh. Love it.

Tim :-)
Old 03-12-05, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Cygnet74
I agree. I actually dozed off in the theater, something I almost never do. Boring. I would also like to add "Eyes Wide Shut" and "Battlefield Earth". Two huge clunkers. I think "Eyes Wide Shut" is one of the most critically over-rated movies ever, Kubrik or no Kubrik.

Last edited by Timsterino; 03-12-05 at 10:18 AM.
Old 03-12-05, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 120 Likes on 80 Posts
Van Helsing. Got about an hour in and was so bored I found myself reading a magazine. Just turned it off and haven't felt the need to continue.
Old 03-12-05, 11:28 AM

I have never bought something and never finished it. I have walked out on a movie once. It was the 90's Romeo & Juliet. I walked out after about a half hour, it was so terrible (it probably doesn't help that I don't like Shakespeare).
Old 03-12-05, 11:31 AM

magnolia
Old 03-12-05, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

"Solaris" with George Clooney. I found it to be incredibly boring, and turned it off after about forty-five minutes.

Oddly enough I love the Tarkovsky version.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.