Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

The Ring: Collectors Edition. Any reviews?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

The Ring: Collectors Edition. Any reviews?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-05, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just picked this up today at CC for $14.99. I had not bought this previously so I figured what the heck. The movie ticket tipped it for me as it did with the Predator CE that came with the free ticket to see AvP. My wife and I went to see that at a matinee for $6.50. So it ended up costing us $3.25 each to see AvP. Probably do the same thing for Ring 2.
Old 03-09-05, 04:34 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dullboy
Yeah, but wasn't that just the "DVD version" of the trailer, and not this super-bad-ass theatrical trailer that everyone is clamoring for
I've never heard that, but it's possible, since I don't own RINGU, I'm just going off what I've heard regarding it. I've never seen it mentioned that it's just the video releae trailer, personally.

Originally Posted by dullboy
(which I haven't seen and am curious as to the calibur of bad-assness contained therein)?
Go here and click on "Trailer"...it's all about that last shot with the squealing tone:

http://www.thering-themovie.com/main.html
Old 03-09-05, 06:13 PM

I bought my copy from Best Buy today. I can't find the damn thing on DVDA, anyone else have better luck finding it?
Old 03-09-05, 08:26 PM

http://www.she-is-here.com/main.html

This looks to be the website from "Rings", or at least a promotional site for the short film.
Old 03-09-05, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by surfingelectrod
I went to go buy this from Target today- Walmart did not have any. I get to the register with a CC ad for a 2-3.00 price match, when I find out that Target DOES NOT PRICE MATCH! I said that I was not going to buy it from them, and that I was never coming back. All major retailers pricematch, and Target's inability to lost them a customer. I'm going to buy it from BB tommorrow. Thanks for the short review, Filmmaker.

correct. Target does not price match, been maybe two years now.
Old 03-09-05, 09:17 PM

I hadn't been to a Target in a while. but I decided to pull into there yesterday because it was on the way to where I was going.
Old 03-09-05, 09:20 PM

How long is the ticket good for?
Old 03-09-05, 09:41 PM

April 2nd I believe.
Old 03-09-05, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
I watched the short film and was pleasantly surprised. I'd doubt it is really necessary to bridge to the new film .... but on its own merits ... pretty good and interesting. I think people that enjoyed the first film might enjoy it as it moves the story on while still maintaining the flavor of the U.S. version.

The rest of the features are just filler stuff except it is nice to have the trailers and the ring videos used within the films.
Old 03-09-05, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think im gonna go pick it up. $15, free ticket, sell my old copy to BBV for credit... not bad.
Old 03-10-05, 09:42 AM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
I traded this duplicate of THE RING at Wal-Mart for ENEMY MINE and WHAT DREAMS MAY COME: Special Edition, so I got RINGS and the movie ticket for very nearly nothing. Gotta love it...
Old 03-10-05, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Filmmaker
Go here and click on "Trailer"...it's all about that last shot with the squealing tone:

http://www.thering-themovie.com/main.html
Yeah, that's pretty cool with the squeal tone and the silent scream. This is definitely not the trailer on the Ringu DVD. I guess the only way to get this one is on this new Rings disc or maybe some foreign import of The Ring.

I went ahead and picked up the Rings disc, too. I thought the short was okay. It seems plausible that that's what some stupid kids would do....play with the tape as an adrenaline rush. Sounds similar to the story of the new Eye sequel, The Eye 10, where a bunch of kids try the 10 different ways of conjuring up ghosts. I wish this disc had more behind the scenes stuff on the movie, itself, though.
Old 03-10-05, 02:35 PM

Apparently, the character of "Jake" is in Ring 2.
Old 03-10-05, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Walmart accepts returns without a cash receipt?

Originally Posted by Filmmaker
I traded this duplicate of THE RING at Wal-Mart for ENEMY MINE and WHAT DREAMS MAY COME: Special Edition, so I got RINGS and the movie ticket for very nearly nothing. Gotta love it...
Old 03-10-05, 08:37 PM
Banned

For store credit, yup.
Old 03-12-05, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If anyone is looking for a custom cover for the 2 disc set, I made one for myself that is now available for download.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...=287711&page=2
Old 03-12-05, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,410 Likes on 1,033 Posts
Originally Posted by Rammsteinfan
If anyone is looking for a custom cover for the 2 disc set, I made one for myself that is now available for download.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...=287711&page=2
I've picked this up at Best Buy and saw that it has it's own case, but can't remember what it's like. Can anyone describe it?
Old 03-12-05, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Describe the 2 disc set?

Old 03-24-05, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So is Rings available online? I already had The Ring, so I don't want to buy again just to see something that joins the two films together. Not looking for illegal sites, just thought that there might be a legit version somewhere.