Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Best Of Hitchcock re-release?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-05, 01:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Of Hitchcock re-release?

Since the two Universal Hitchcock boxes are now out of print... does that mean they are going to be re-released in the near future? Anyone know? Thanks.
Old 03-01-05, 05:30 AM
Cool New Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When did it go out of print? It's still available on Amazon and DVDEmpire.
Old 03-01-05, 08:27 AM

I wish they would re-release the 4 "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" discs separately or as a set of four. I had the 4 discs, but unfortunately had to sell them when I needed some money fast. Guess I'll have to scour Ebay sometime in the future.
Old 03-01-05, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ZackR
I wish they would re-release the 4 "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" discs separately or as a set of four. I had the 4 discs, but unfortunately had to sell them when I needed some money fast. Guess I'll have to scour Ebay sometime in the future.
I believe that they're doing season sets sometime very soon. Not sure if you'd prefer those; I actually like having all the half-hour ones Hitchcock directed together (I even put them all into one four pack). But I figure that when the season sets come out, people will start unloading their individuals.
Old 03-01-05, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ThatGuamGuy
I believe that they're doing season sets sometime very soon.
Well, they did mention that on advertising inserts about a year ago, but (a) it was unclear if they were talking about the classic show or the 1980s remake and (b) there has been no mention of it since, and recent TV inserts no longer include it in the 'coming soon' section.

Also, keep in mind that this is Universal, the company that put out a press release years ago announcing the Rockford Files and other shows that we're still waiting for.

[Unless there's new news out there about the show... if so, I'd love to know. Definitely one of my favorites!]
Old 03-01-05, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Here's a much more recent update on Presents:

Our gift to you is the word of Universal's confirmation that Alfred Hitchcock Presents - Season 1 WILL be released in 2005. It's been talked about, but now Universal is saying it's on the slate. We just don't know "when" yet.
Link

The headline says "original" as well.
Old 03-01-05, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Chew
Here's a much more recent update on Presents:
Cool, thanks! (I had missed this I guess.) Still, I'm not holding my breath until we at least have a release date... Universal makes lots of promises.

Looking forward to picking up Season 1. (And hopefully they'll tackle the 1980s remake at some point too.) I'll still hang onto my Vol 1-4, though... good to have all of the Hitch-directed episodes set aside.
Old 03-03-05, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

have all four dvd's...keeping them....also will buy the box sets for the seasons....

can't wait