DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   The Exorcist Collection- Worth keeping? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/411709-exorcist-collection-worth-keeping.html)

Wick 02-27-05 12:59 AM

The Exorcist Collection- Worth keeping?

Today, I decided to buy the three-pack of the Exorcist and its two sequels. But, from a picture of the "Exorcist Collection" (which that supposedly is), it seemed as if it had an outside box or slipcover or something. I never found one with a box though. Also, are there any plans for a set containing all four of the Exorcist films to come out in the near future, or should I just open this set and stop worrying?

Cameron 02-27-05 01:04 AM

well...no box...just a cardboard ring....problem with that collection is the lack of the original cut for the first movie...and the fourth film isn't included...oh and then there are the snappers...

hoping for a SE of the original for Halloween...both cuts...new features...and so on...also have a feeling the new movie will have a SE with both cuts....but for now....enjoy the movies

surfingelectrod 02-27-05 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Cameron

hoping for a SE of the original for Halloween...both cuts...new features...and so on...also have a feeling the new movie will have a SE with both cuts....but for now....enjoy the movies

There already is. It's the LE, and has the TV cut and the theatrical on it. It's the one with the hologram cover.

Cameron 02-27-05 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by surfingelectrod
There already is. It's the LE, and has the TV cut and the theatrical on it. It's the one with the hologram cover.

The version you have never seen cut?

Julie Walker 02-27-05 11:34 AM

I think he was refering to "The Version That Never Existed" dvd edition:D

It sounds like he was thinking of the HALLOWEEN dvd editions,since they come in a LE,a theatrical,tv cut and hologram cover;)

Master Shake 05 02-27-05 11:38 AM

speaking of halloween, any news on a DVD boxset? :lol:

milo bloom 02-27-05 11:46 AM

Actually, I think he means an Exorcist SE for watching on Halloween (the day).

Wick 02-27-05 03:11 PM

I have the original cut on VHS, so I'll probably wait to see if another version does end up coming out by Halloween, or if I can find the LE before I buy that on DVD. But, I thought the "Exorcist Collection" was a pretty good deal, so I picked it up. I haven't seen the sequels yet; I heard that the second one is terrible, while the third is quite good.

Julie Walker 02-27-05 09:11 PM

You heard right,words can not describe part 2. You must experiance the awfullness for yourself and then regret it afterwards:D

Of course you may like it,some people actually do. I tried to give it a fair chance and absolutely found it laughable and worst of all boring.

There have been three re-edits of the film running from 100 minutes(rare first VHS release) too 118(original directors version,as released on dvd). None of them can save the film if that tells you anything.

Cameron 02-27-05 11:21 PM

not the movie halloween....the holiday at the end of october...got ya now....I just want the original cut and the extended cut...commentaries for both...and some new docs....

darkhawk 02-28-05 08:51 AM

I hope Warner Bros. makes the original exorcist in a 2 disk special edition. I have the original exorcist, but i'm won't sell it until a SE comes out. The other 3 I haven't given much thought getting till later.

Wick 03-01-05 03:32 PM

I finished watching Exorcist 2 last night. It was a relatively entertaining watch, at 1 in the morning, but it isn't anything I'd watch again. A lot of it was relatively stupid, especially all of the telepathy and stuff. It had a lot of plot holes, but it did have a couple okay parts. Nothing I'd recommend.