DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   "Danger Mouse: Seasons 1 and 2" confirmed for May 31st release! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/411634-danger-mouse-seasons-1-2-confirmed-may-31st-release.html)

YourOlympicHero 02-26-05 01:17 PM

"Danger Mouse: Seasons 1 and 2" confirmed for May 31st release!

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2997

Danger Mouse - A&E Brings on Danger Mouse in May!
Posted by David Lambert
2/26/2005

No list of classic toons from the '80s could be complete without including Danger Mouse, which first aired in the U.K. courtesy of Cosgrove/Hall Productions. It later came to the USA, and most people in the States were exposed to it via its run Nickelodeon. The title character was a secret agent, who was assisted in his adventures by the clumsy but ever-helpful Penfold. Both reported to Commander K, a walrus who issues their assignments.

Back in April, 2004 it was widely reported that Freemantle had made a deal to license the entire Thames library of properties to A&E for eventual release in North America, and Danger Mouse was among the properties named. Now the folks at the fansite ClubDM.com has been reporting for a while now that Danger Mouse is on the way to DVD, per correspondence they've had with A&E.

We only just now found out about it thanks to recent e-mails from readers like Andy Fanton and Eric Janssen, who provided specific information about the fansite and what's been said there. Eric was very help, telling us that we would see Danger Mouse - Seasons 1 & 2 (16 half-hours) on May 31st. We called A&E for ourselves and double-checked to be certain: yes, May 31, for a 2 disc set. We were told that the details of the project hasn't been completely finalized yet, though, so no word on price or stuff like bonus features at this time. But we should hear more soon, so stay tuned! Our thanks to Andy, Eric, and the folks at ClubDM.com for the heads-up.

nemein 02-26-05 01:27 PM

:cool:

Doughboy 02-26-05 01:51 PM

I remember Danger Mouse. I used to watch it back-to-back on Nickelodeon with You Can't Do That On Television. Too bad we'll never get that show on DVD.

mikeporter 02-26-05 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by YourOlympicHero
Seasons 1 & 2 (16 half-hours)

Aren't S1 episodes 10 minutes each and S2 episodes 20 minutes each? By my calculation both seasons should total approximately 4 hours in length?

Snowmaker 02-26-05 02:48 PM

Maybe they're including Bananaman! :D

nemein 02-26-05 04:14 PM

or Count Duckula, wasn't that done by the same group?

David Lambert 02-26-05 06:18 PM

Count Dukula (and Bananaman) were indeed Cosgrove/Hall Productions.

mikeporter, YOU musta been the one who sent the e-mail from "Bill Clinton", e-mail address of "[email protected]". At least, the wording was 100% identical. Uh, if you had let me reply to a legit address, I would have explained that I was simply repeating the info I was given. You'll have to take the matter up with them!

Cameron 02-26-05 06:31 PM

good news

Manco 02-26-05 07:27 PM

Crumbs! :D

Numanoid 02-26-05 11:44 PM

The Danger Mouse series has been out for years in region 2. Nice to see it hit these shores...finally.

milo bloom 02-27-05 11:49 AM

I remember this being the last show Nick showed each night before the channel switched over to A&E (they used to share bandwidth). I loved this show, anyone see it recently and can tell how it holds up?

Nick Danger 02-27-05 06:44 PM

I got the region 2 DVDs for my wife for Christmas last year. They are still missing some of my favorite episodes, like the robot named Grovel and Egregious M. McMurphy. The announcer has been edited out. If A&E releases the complete sets, I'm going to have to be double-dipped.

mzupeman2 02-28-05 05:08 AM

Wow, I never thought I'd have the chance to see this show ever again! This was one of my favorites on Nick when I was a kid!

reverie 02-28-05 07:02 AM

I loved this show as a kid, but really remember very little of it.. If the price is right, I'll probably get it. Looking forward to it.. skeptically. ;)

Flynn 02-28-05 12:25 PM

OH WOW. Cannot wait.

RichardW 02-28-05 01:04 PM

I bought one of the R2 DVDs to see if they still hold up. All these years later, I still enjoyed it. This is great news.

BritTVfanMidwst 03-05-05 09:26 PM

Hi--

Awesome!!! I loved this show. (DM, "Rocky and Bullwinkle" and a few other things are about the only animated series I'd be interested in-- I know a lot of people collect anime but I just don't).

According to the reviews at Amazon UK the PAL/R2 releases do NOT include the voice-over "announcer" -- which was some of the funniest stuff in the series. Does anyone know if the A&E releases *will* include the announcer?
(The announcer often wandered off-topic and rambled off into nosense rather than actually repeating "what happened last episode").

Fantastic news!

--Brit TV Fan

Canis Firebrand 03-05-05 09:31 PM

Yay... now if only Count Duckula would be announced. :)

Cameron 04-27-05 01:49 AM

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articl...ns1and2dvd.jpg