DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Dukes of Hazzard 7 seasons all good? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/408893-dukes-hazzard-7-seasons-all-good.html)

madara 02-08-05 04:25 PM

Dukes of Hazzard 7 seasons all good?

Gee I cant remember. Was this one of shows that really dropped in quality enough to be cautionous in future dvd sets down the line. As kid I thought I remember being upset by lead males being replaced, at least for awhile. Other then that how was quality for 7 season run?

darmok 02-08-05 05:30 PM

i watched this show as a kid, mainly for the car chases. i remember liking the characters, but can't remember too many episodes that stood out. it was one of those "always-on" series, and now, it's all a big blur.

ams 02-08-05 05:36 PM

Coy and Vance Duke were poor replacements......

Michael Corvin 02-08-05 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by ams
Coy and Vance Duke were poor replacements......

That is a season that definitely should be skipped. I wonder if the exec that suggested that idea ever lost their job over it. "lets get two guys that look just like Bo and Luke, and dress them in the same clothes. The audience will never know the difference. It is all about the car chases." :rolleyes:

Flynn 02-08-05 06:36 PM

I'll get them all just to be a completist. I was heart-broken as a kid though when Coy and Vance replaced Bo and Luke... BUT I'll still buy that season nonetheless.

Dan Average 02-08-05 07:46 PM

I wonder if the exec that suggested that idea ever lost their job over it.
The impression I've always gotten is that ratings remained solid during that season even without Schneider and Wopat. If that's the case I imagine the exec would've gotten a promotion.

darmok 02-08-05 07:48 PM

dang, that's right. they used the "cousins" of the original duke boys. can't believe they got away with that. but i seem to remember the good ol' boys returning??

Mike Lowrey 02-08-05 08:45 PM

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't it Cory and Vince, not Vance?

GuessWho 02-08-05 09:37 PM

http://digilander.libero.it/italiand...lcomeback2.jpg

They're different because in the fakes, it's the blonde one who wears blue & drives and the brunette one who wears yellow and rides shotgun.

and yeah, those are the only differences.

It's Vance.

I don't think it was even a full season... so if you 'skip it' -- you'll miss Bo & Luke episodes

http://digilander.libero.it/italiand..._and_vance.jpg

bigjim25 02-08-05 10:29 PM

season 5; eps. 87-105

Originally Posted by GuessWho
I don't think it was even a full season... so if you 'skip it' -- you'll miss Bo & Luke episodes

You are correct. It was 19 episodes, Bo & Luke were in 4 that year. Enos was back this season also after his show failed after 16 episodes.

vegasbaby 02-08-05 10:51 PM

If I remember correctly, the quality dropped in Show 1 of Season 1.

;)

pdutta2000 02-09-05 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by vegasbaby
If I remember correctly, the quality dropped in Show 1 of Season 1.

;)

Seriously...can the word quality ever really be attributed to the "acting" on the show. Hell...the General Lee was as famous as any of the actors.

Since I was too young to remember, what was the story behind Bo and Luke leaving? Both in the show and in real life.

Geofferson 02-09-05 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by pdutta2000
Since I was too young to remember, what was the story behind Bo and Luke leaving? Both in the show and in real life.

They left in the show to pursue careers as race car drivers. In real life, they both had contract disputes (wanted more money). Plus, Paul Schneider wanted a stab at films. That started during his hiatus from the Dukes in '83 with Eddie Macon's Run.

Upper pylon 3 02-09-05 02:11 PM

I'll buy all 7 seasons including Coy and Vance. The writing was of the same quality during that season and the show was almost as good. It's not like they replaced the whole cast. Jessie, Daisy, Boss, Rosco, Enos & Cooter were all still there. Same ol' Dukes of Hazzard to me.

Geofferson 02-09-05 03:51 PM

I'll be buying all seasons as well (assuming they all get released). Plus, the WB should release 'Enos' for good measure (see my sig to vote).

But the Coy and Vance season had the best intro of all 7 seasons...when they jump the General Lee over the family barn! :lol:

tikigod 02-09-05 06:32 PM

Err, I think you mean John Schneider.

darqleo 02-09-05 10:53 PM

Wow I don't even remember it going for 7 seasons. Like another poster said, it's all a blur. No episode really stood out, just a lot of "Yeehaw" and car stunts, and "Geewd geewd geewd" and Boss Hog's bull horned car and Daisy Duke and a bassett hound.

johnbook 02-09-05 11:52 PM

What season did coy and vance step in.

Geofferson 02-10-05 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by johnbook
What season did coy and vance step in.

If in fact this series ran 7 seasons (that seems a bit high for some reason), Coy and Vance came in around season 6 because I remember Bo and Luke returned for one last season before the show got cancelled.

stinkeye 02-10-05 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Geofferson
If in fact this series ran 7 seasons (that seems a bit high for some reason), Coy and Vance came in around season 6 because I remember Bo and Luke returned for one last season before the show got cancelled.

7 seasons, Jan 1979 to Feb 1985

Coy and Vance got the boot in the 5th season, due to an "illness in the family" and the original Duke boys returned late that season.

episode guide

klandersen 02-10-05 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Geofferson
I'll be buying all seasons as well (assuming they all get released). Plus, the WB should release 'Enos' for good measure (see my sig to vote).

But the Coy and Vance season had the best intro of all 7 seasons...when they jump the General Lee over the family barn! :lol:

WB would get my vote to get Enos on DVD. Smackem-Jackem or something like that.

JeffTheAlpaca 06-24-10 02:49 AM

Re: Dukes of Hazzard 7 seasons all good?

Will Warner Bros ever release a box set with all the seasons?

You can get seasons 1-7 for $232 at Amazon but I assume they would make a box set with a discount price in the future maybe in a collectible General Lee packaging?

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51YXYQ0TPQL.jpg

Rubix 06-24-10 03:28 AM

coy and vance are awesome. i don't know what all the hate is for.

plus their names are hilarious to me for some reason.

rfduncan 06-24-10 08:02 AM

"Cooter" Hee-hee! ;)

WMAangel 06-24-10 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca (Post 10229644)
You can get seasons 1-7 for $232 at Amazon

:eek:

That's WAY too expensive for these...I grabbed all seven seasons for much less than $100 total....Walmart used to sell seasons for like $10-15 each, and they've also popped up at clubs like Costco, Sam's, and BJ's around a $12 price point or so....these have also shown up previously at Big Lots for like $6 each or something....

I'd advise you ignore Amazon and look around for better deals....