DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest+Chinatown 30th anniversery edition?????????? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/408738-one-flew-over-cuckoos-nest-chinatown-30th-anniversery-edition.html)

animatedude 02-07-05 03:13 PM

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest+Chinatown 30th anniversery edition??????????

we all know how great these 2 movies...as of One Flew....i know the 2-disc set is great but do u think there will be a new special edition since i still didn't buy the current one?...i think Chinatown desperatly needs a special edition...it didn't happen last year do u think it will happen this year?

digitalfreaknyc 02-07-05 03:55 PM

If you had used one more question mark, I think your answer would have been easier to find.

illennium 02-07-05 04:00 PM

Not sure what more you could want for One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. I agree that a Chinatown SE would be nice.

DavidH 02-07-05 04:01 PM

I doubt "One Flew..." can't be any better for standard DVD. Also, this is Warner. They don't do too many triple releases, if any.

The Monkees 02-07-05 04:15 PM

You think there should be a new special edition of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest BECAUSE you didn't buy the current one? ;)

OldBoy 02-07-05 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by The Monkees
You think there should be a new special edition of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest BECAUSE you didn't buy the current one? ;)

i was thinking the exact same thing? -confused-

bboisvert 02-07-05 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by animatedude
One Flew....i know the 2-disc set is great but do u think there will be a new special edition since i still didn't buy the current one?

I didn't think there would be another one... but then I learned that you didn't buy the current one. Now I'm not sure.

Geofferson 02-07-05 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by bboisvert
I didn't think there would be another one... but then I learned that you didn't buy the current one. Now I'm not sure.

:lol: :up:

Cameron 02-07-05 05:02 PM

buy the current one.....do it now.......the chinatown dvd isn't bad either...but i would rebuy if they added some more extras

animatedude 02-07-05 06:10 PM

sorry guys but my grammer is not that good..:o

rossbrew 02-07-05 07:53 PM

As for Chinatown- well, I agree that an upgrade is in order but you've missed out on the 30th Anniversary release by one year- the film was originally released in l974.

Dabaomb 02-07-05 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by animatedude
sorry guys but my grammer is not that good..:o

don't sweat it :up:

natevines 02-07-05 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by rossbrew
As for Chinatown- well, I agree that an upgrade is in order but you've missed out on the 30th Anniversary release by one year- the film was originally released in l974.

Right, so of course Paramount missed the ideal time for a re-issue. I don't think we'll be seeing it anytime soon, and I'm sure we won't be seeing another Cuckoo's Nest DVD, what more could one ask for than a 2-disc set with plenty of extras?

msbailey 02-08-05 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by natevines
what more could one ask for than a 2-disc set with plenty of extras?

It seems like we're getting to the point where a studio could release a 10-disc box set with every inch of footage ever shot for a movie, commentary on every second of it by every member of the cast and crew, 3 feature-length documentaries on the making of the film, and a collectible action figure and people would still be wanting more. Are we no longer satisfied with just a great movie anymore? If you want to know more about it, READ A BOOK!

darkhawk 02-08-05 08:07 AM

I'll double dip for Cuckoo's Nest if they will release it with a keepcase

rfduncan 02-08-05 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by rossbrew

Paramount which means EXTREMELY unlikely to get any better than the release it has.

BTW - Chinatown is part of this week's 2 for $15 at Best Buy. I decided at THAT price, I'd just grab it (and The Grifters) :D:up:

chente 02-08-05 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by msbailey
It seems like we're getting to the point where a studio could release a 10-disc box set with every inch of footage ever shot for a movie, commentary on every second of it by every member of the cast and crew, 3 feature-length documentaries on the making of the film, and a collectible action figure and people would still be wanting more. Are we no longer satisfied with just a great movie anymore? If you want to know more about it, READ A BOOK!

So true.

Adrenaline 02-08-05 11:59 AM

The movie does come first, but I get the DVD for the extras as well otherwise I'd just rent it when I wanted to see the movie. For a movie I really like I enjoy watching long documentaries on their production, Alien Quadrilogy did this to perfection imo. Take the recent Star Trek 7 CE, I had high hopes for a nice documentary like what was found on the Star Trek 6 CE. Instead all we got was a rather short uninformative documentaries.

animatedude 02-08-05 12:01 PM

guys relax!...i don't want the studio to release another One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest edition...i just wanted to know if there's one coming...

ThatGuamGuy 02-08-05 12:33 PM

Are we no longer satisfied with just a great movie anymore?

If you *truly* believe this, why do you even have a DVD player? There are only two advantages to DVD - the picture/sound is better, and there are various extras to enhance your understanding and enjoyment of the film. (Three if you count not rewinding, but a rewinder is cheaper than a DVD player.) So if all you care about is the great movie, why bother with DVDs at all? DVD will not make the movie greater, nor make a bad movie good, or anything like that.

That said, I've been holding out on 'Chinatown' because of the rumors of a SE release, and because I have a letterboxed VHS of it anyway ;)

Andador 02-08-05 08:45 PM

Hey folks, speaking of re-re-releases. Does anyone know if theres any rumour about another "The Abyss" this time anamorphic?

I ask that because word has it that Fox will be supplying stores with that "Abyss" 2001 2-discer non-ana again here in my "Region" by the end of this month (after a 3-year-OOP hiatus) but this time with a substantial price reduction.

I fear another "The Thing" scenario. You know, in 6 months they could announce an anamorphic release and then I am skrewed again. LOL! Anything at all ?

djtoell 02-08-05 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by ThatGuamGuy
If you *truly* believe this, why do you even have a DVD player? There are only two advantages to DVD - the picture/sound is better, and there are various extras to enhance your understanding and enjoyment of the film. (Three if you count not rewinding, but a rewinder is cheaper than a DVD player.) So if all you care about is the great movie, why bother with DVDs at all? DVD will not make the movie greater, nor make a bad movie good, or anything like that.

No, but improved picture/sound can improve one's enjoyment of a film, as it brings it closer to its original intended presentation. This is the benefit of DVDs for people who "only" care about watching films. Not to be a jerk but, duh.

DJ

DVD Polizei 02-08-05 09:06 PM

If it's been over a year, yes there will be another whatever edition.