Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Roswell - The Third Season, the final season out June 7th 2005

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-05, 11:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roswell - The Third Season, the final season out June 7th 2005

I actually learned that somehow this information leaked out. Fox wasn't gonna announce it till March but someone yapped
Roswell - The Final Season Lands in June...We've Got the Date!
Posted by David Lambert
1/29/2005

We were told that this would land in the Summer of '05, and Fox has kept their word! According to the "Coming Soon" section of the FoxTVDVD.com consumer website, Roswell - The Complete 3rd Season - which concluded the kids' time in high school, as well as the show's run - will be released on June 7th. Our thanks to reader Dillon Gonzales for tipping us off to the update there. Stay tuned and we'll have more information once the official announcement is released to the press.

Link to this page:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2822

All news for this show:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/shownews.cfm?ShowID=3613
That's all the info given so far...but stay tuned....
Old 02-05-05, 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by PHMustang2000
I actually learned that somehow this information leaked out. Fox wasn't gonna announce it till March but someone yapped
Yeah, the FoxTVDVD.com website.
Old 02-05-05, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 02-05-05, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

My set will be complete!!
Old 02-05-05, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Love that show, i got introduced to it buy the amazon deal they had for season one for 14.99. I always thought the show seemed dumb more like dawsons creek. But i reallly like it just to bad it lasted only 3 seasons.
Old 02-05-05, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by maingon
Love that show, i got introduced to it buy the amazon deal they had for season one for 14.99.
Ditto. Putting Roswell on sale seems to be paying off for Fox. I know of several people, myself included, who would never have watched Roswell before but have bought Season Two and will buy Season Three because of the Season One deal.
Old 02-05-05, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm surprised there are fans of sci-fi television who never gave the 1st season a chance by at least watching the first couple of episodes when they originally aired. I was hooked from the first show until the last. There were a couple of eps which were somewhat stupid but overall the show held up fairly well for the three seasons it aired. When Sci-Fi replayed all three seasons prior to the dvds being released, I fell in love with the show all over again!! I have always liked the entire cast since day one...a cast which I believe carried the show at times when the writers could not. I believe all would agree there were a couple of episodes which were fairly lame but the cast(IMO)carried the audience through to the next episode without hurting the show too much. Great show.....great cast. Glad to see there are newcomers who are finally finding out how good this show truly is and became over three seasons.
Old 02-05-05, 02:10 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
I too got hooked on the $14.99 deal. However, the first season, well, the first half, wasn't very good. Didn't focus that much on the supernatrual, more as a really bad HS drama. It really picked up toward the latter half, maybe with the inclusion of Tess.
Old 02-05-05, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I hope that Fox includes the 88 minute version of the series finale instead (or in addition to) the orignially aired 43 minute version!
Old 02-08-05, 06:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
I too got hooked on the $14.99 deal. However, the first season, well, the first half, wasn't very good. Didn't focus that much on the supernatrual, more as a really bad HS drama. It really picked up toward the latter half, maybe with the inclusion of Tess.
Watched it for the first time with my blind purchase during the $14.99 Amazon sale.

I really got hooked.

Season 2, however, was like a roller coaster ride you didn't want to get off of. I'm not necessarily a "sci-fi fan", but this was the element I liked the most in the show. I liked how they introduced more threatening elements.

For instance,
Spoiler:
the Dupes, the Skins, and the whole tension that arose from Max being the leader. Although I think the love story was essential, a lot of it became trite and silly. Ultimately, it didn't bother me, though.

Anyway, I ended up picking it up in a trade through the DVD Exchange forum. But I'll more than likely buy Season 3 the first week that it's out.
Old 02-08-05, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Another one hooked by the $14.95 deal .... looking forward to this!
Old 02-08-05, 08:43 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
3rd season was the weakest of the three, IMO. Will still be picking it up though (the completist that I am).
Old 02-08-05, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just marked my calendar. This show is terrific and it deserved more than three seasons.
Old 02-08-05, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts
They progessively got worse. The first season is by far the best and then they started changing things up because the WB didn't like the ratings.

Personally, due to the music changes I have never bothered getting past S1x01 on the dvds.
Sorry, but I should be hearing "Sex and Candy" in the diner and not whatever they shoved in there. At least they kept Sarah McLaughlin - if that was gone = no sale for me.
Old 08-14-05, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by critterdvd
I hope that Fox includes the 88 minute version of the series finale instead (or in addition to) the orignially aired 43 minute version!

is there really an 88 minute version of the finale?
Old 08-14-05, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

is there really an 88 minute version of the finale?
I have never seen that version before, but when the cast talked about filming the finale, they did say that the finale was filmed as a "2-hour" movie in the hopes of UPN airing it, despite the fact they ordered only a "1-hour" episode. IN the end UPN ended up cuting the episode in half and running a rerun of Buffy the vampire instead of teh second hour.