Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Will there ever be a decent price for Farscape?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Will there ever be a decent price for Farscape?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-05, 03:00 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
There's a whole drenload of smackdab with these releases.
Old 03-31-05, 03:47 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Here's somewhat of a weird question relating to people who bought the starburst editions. Is Volume one packaged differently? Mine seems to hold each disc on the side of the amray, with the insert directly in the middle. The other two starburst's have a different setup.
Well, here's what I did...

I took the regular 2-disc keepcase that the Peacekeeper Wars came in, and swapped it with the flap 2-disc keepcase that Volume 1 came it. Here's what it solved.... The PK Wars set lacked an insert, and both discs had disc art, while the Starburst Editions have contained two double-sided discs and an insert. So by swapping them, you not only get a matching keepcase for Volume 1, but you get one that artistically displays the two PK Wars discs. And since the PK Wars set didn't come with an insert...you don't need the little flaps in the front cover.
Old 03-31-05, 03:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bboisvert
Not sure I'm following your logic here... why would 3 keepcases be 'awkward' to package together as a season? That's certainly been done before... Sports Night, Alias, Once and Again all immediately leap to mind. I don't see where 3=awkward, 4=fine.

Personally, I fully expect them to combine these 3 volumes into one set. That's the pattern that they followed with release #1, so I suspect they'll do that with Starburst. It's a lot easier for consumers to grasp the concept of buying a "season 1" set than buying "Starburst Vol 1, 2, and 3".
Well, you do make some good points. I guess it's possible that ADV may package these together in seasons sets, but why not just do that to begin with? Just package all new season sets with 6 double-sided discs. But then again, we're talking ADV here. And they probably wanted to sell them with the fancy smancy holographic cover-art and to keep them a little more affordable this time at $15 discounted.

Last edited by Mike Lowrey; 03-31-05 at 03:52 PM.
Old 03-31-05, 03:55 PM
Enormous Genitals

Does anyone have any info re: when they're going to start releasing season 2?
Old 03-31-05, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by chess
I don't know what a "smackdab" is, or what it would be doing in the middle of a case, or what it has to do with inserts, but it sure sounds like a "special" feature.

What is this "smackdab" you speak of, and does it have a commentary?
It is probably part of this drenload holding up my shipment. 1 month strong, still waiting. DDD has definitely dropped the ball on this one.
Old 03-31-05, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
It is probably part of this drenload holding up my shipment. 1 month strong, still waiting. DDD has definitely dropped the ball on this one.
How many smackdabs are in a drenload, and is DDD a new Dolby sound format? Is it better than DTS?
Old 03-31-05, 04:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bandoman
Does anyone have any info re: when they're going to start releasing season 2?
I'm guessing May 17th.
Old 03-31-05, 04:38 PM
Banned

I'm betting on this new thing called a "smackdab".
Old 03-31-05, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yes, a smackdab of special features. I like the sound of that.

I'll buy that even without an insert.
Old 03-31-05, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike Lowrey
Well, here's what I did...

I took the regular 2-disc keepcase that the Peacekeeper Wars came in, and swapped it with the flap 2-disc keepcase that Volume 1 came it. Here's what it solved.... The PK Wars set lacked an insert, and both discs had disc art, while the Starburst Editions have contained two double-sided discs and an insert. So by swapping them, you not only get a matching keepcase for Volume 1, but you get one that artistically displays the two PK Wars discs. And since the PK Wars set didn't come with an insert...you don't need the little flaps in the front cover.
Good idea,i think i will do that also.
Old 03-31-05, 06:27 PM

With the case switching, I think Mike is creating his own special features!

John
Old 03-31-05, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

WHEN ARE THE SEASON 2 STARBURST EDITIONS COMING OUT??? And will they special features?
Since season 1 seems to have sold so well without any special features, I wouldn't look for them to go out of their way and do anything special on season 2.

They'll probably release all 4 seasons and then re-release them all with special features. Maybe even more than the original, non Starburst, releases. New Starburst Wild Berry edition or something similar I'm sure. Ba$tard$
Old 03-31-05, 06:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MEJHarrison
Since season 1 seems to have sold so well without any special features, I wouldn't look for them to go out of their way and do anything special on season 2.

They'll probably release all 4 seasons and then re-release them all with special features. Maybe even more than the original, non Starburst, releases. New Starburst Wild Berry edition or something similar I'm sure. Ba$tard$
Ewww...now a Starburst Tropical Fruit Edition, I'd go for.
Old 03-31-05, 06:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JSwarce
With the case switching, I think Mike is creating his own special features!

John
Hey, anything I can do to help sell these bastards without their own special features.
Old 04-01-05, 07:40 AM
Enormous Genitals

I'm guessing May 17th.

If it was coming out that soon you'd figure we would have already seen it listed at Amazon or elsewhere, but there's no such listing.
Old 04-01-05, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If it was coming out that soon you'd figure we would have already seen it listed at Amazon or elsewhere, but there's no such listing.
Could it be (fingers crossed) that they've heard the complaints and plan to add special features?
Old 04-01-05, 12:57 PM
Banned

Well, each Starburst release so far has been one of the two mid-month Tuesdays of every other month so far.

Vol. 1 came out on Nov. 15th
Vol. 2 came out on Jan. 18th
Vol. 3 came out on Mar. 15th

So I'd expect Vol. 4 to come out May 17th.

With regards to e-tailer listings, I've seen listings for certain ADV releases not even go up until damn near release day. IIRC, one volume of Andromeda wasn't listed on DDD till like the week of release or even after the release.
Old 04-01-05, 12:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MEJHarrison
Could it be (fingers crossed) that they've heard the complaints and plan to add special features?
That could be true, but after releasing three volumes with no special features, I doubt they'll change now.
Old 04-01-05, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
Whatever happened to the rumored 11-disc special features box set?
I was kinda hoping they would release that between seasons 1 and 2.

Last edited by Maxflier; 04-01-05 at 01:34 PM.
Old 04-01-05, 05:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Maxflier
Whatever happened to the rumored 11-disc special features box set?
I was kinda hoping they would release that between seasons 1 and 2.
I trust Bill Hunt's sources about as far as I can throw them.
Old 04-06-05, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Well the drenload arrived today. Not any heavier than a normal dvd. I thought for sure a drenload would be heavier. Amazingly enough it was smackdab in the middle of the mailbox.

Actually, both arrived. The original I ordered 6 weeks ago, and the replacement. Should I call them up and ship it back?
Old 04-06-05, 01:24 PM

Should I call them up and ship it back?
Did they charge you for both, if they did you should, you prolly dont want 2 copies of Farscape with no extras.

Just finished my 3rd volume as well, what a great show, cant wait for more.

Last edited by Heartagram; 04-06-05 at 01:26 PM.
Old 04-06-05, 03:02 PM
Banned

Well the drenload arrived today. Not any heavier than a normal dvd. I thought for sure a drenload would be heavier. Amazingly enough it was smackdab in the middle of the mailbox.

Actually, both arrived. The original I ordered 6 weeks ago, and the replacement. Should I call them up and ship it back?
I don't know Michael, better check your mailbox for any sinking. For that drenload may have suck the post into the ground further.

If you got two drenloads, you might want to be cautious as to which one you open and watch, as some have had problems playing their smackdab.
Old 04-09-05, 11:57 AM
Banned

Well, each Starburst release so far has been one of the two mid-month Tuesdays of every other month so far.

Vol. 1 came out on Nov. 15th
Vol. 2 came out on Jan. 18th
Vol. 3 came out on Mar. 15th

So I'd expect Vol. 4 to come out May 17th.

With regards to e-tailer listings, I've seen listings for certain ADV releases not even go up until damn near release day. IIRC, one volume of Andromeda wasn't listed on DDD till like the week of release or even after the release.
Quoting myself, it appears that I was off by a month. Instead of the 3rd Tuesday of May, looks like it's gonna be the 3rd Tuesday of June (the 21st).

That kinda sucks. I was hoping to get it in May. That said, I haven't seen an announcement for the next volume of Andromeda either (another ADV release).

Last edited by Mike Lowrey; 04-09-05 at 12:00 PM.
Old 04-30-05, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quoting myself, it appears that I was off by a month. Instead of the 3rd Tuesday of May, looks like it's gonna be the 3rd Tuesday of June (the 21st).

That kinda sucks. I was hoping to get it in May. That said, I haven't seen an announcement for the next volume of Andromeda either (another ADV release).
This really sucks. Why would they wait so long between releases? If they were coming out in season sets, I would understand, but these are $12.99 releases. I bought the first three releases as a blind buy in March and am now hooked. At this rate I am going to have to wait three years until I can buy and watch the entire series!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.