DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Will there ever be a decent price for Farscape? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/407924-will-there-ever-decent-price-farscape.html)

Mike Lowrey 03-09-05 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by bboisvert
I'm going to hold out for the Farscape: Das Boot Edition.

"Now with even more lemony-fresh Special Features."

While interesting, that's still nothing definitive on whether or not there's any special features.

bboisvert 03-09-05 02:31 PM

Hmmm... good point. What's available in the UK?

B4Bishop 03-09-05 02:41 PM

Good Lord, what did I start?

Bandoman 03-09-05 02:45 PM

Hmmm... good point. What's available in the UK?

Don't get that version - from what I've heard, there may be special features, but not in English.

MEJHarrison 03-09-05 06:44 PM

I have good news on this issue! It just so happens I have Starburst vol 1 sitting in front of me as I type this. Now it's for a charity auction here at work, so I can't open it :mad:, but I can check out the case.

On the front we have Season One, blah, blah, blah, Farscape, Starburst Edition, blah, blah, blah. No stickers announcing special features or anything.

Moving on to the back. Let's see... "TV's most inventive sci-fi adventure"... Like a Varken out of Hezmana, blah, blah, blah, 7 episode on 2 double-sided duds, blah, blah, blah, A drenload of extras, blah, blah, blah, credits and such further down, legal text, dolby digital, CC, etc.

Well, that didn't help much. :blush: -confused- But there is two web sites listed! Maybe they'll have some answers. Looks like www.farscape.com and www.advfilms.com. Perhaps someone could do a little leg work here and report back?

Mike Lowrey 03-09-05 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by MEJHarrison
I have good news on this issue! It just so happens I have Starburst vol 1 sitting in front of me as I type this. Now it's for a charity auction here at work, so I can't open it :mad:, but I can check out the case.

On the front we have Season One, blah, blah, blah, Farscape, Starburst Edition, blah, blah, blah. No stickers announcing special features or anything.

Moving on to the back. Let's see... "TV's most inventive sci-fi adventure"... Like a Varken out of Hezmana, blah, blah, blah, 7 episode on 2 double-sided duds, blah, blah, blah, A drenload of extras, blah, blah, blah, credits and such further down, legal text, dolby digital, CC, etc.

Well, that didn't help much. :blush: -confused- But there is two web sites listed! Maybe they'll have some answers. Looks like www.farscape.com and www.advfilms.com. Perhaps someone could do a little leg work here and report back?

Hmm...all that and still no mention of special features.

Now if I could just figure out what "drenload" means.

The truth is out there and soon someone, somewhere will confirm if there's special features.

JSwarce 03-09-05 08:44 PM

Mike:

While you are looking up "drenload", I have been searching for "quid". Why can't the English call a buck a buck? :)

John

Michael Corvin 03-09-05 09:11 PM

I finally ordered this last week. Blind buy. Hopefully the special features will be worth it.

Mike Lowrey 03-09-05 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I finally ordered this last week. Blind buy. Hopefully the special features will be worth it.

So you've confirmed that there's indeed special features? Source?

Mike Lowrey 03-09-05 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by JSwarce
Mike:

While you are looking up "drenload", I have been searching for "quid". Why can't the English call a buck a buck? :)

John

I don't know, those English are a waskily bunch. Look up "pense" while you're at it.

For future reference, I'll be referring to dollars as "drakhs". Hey, why not? If the English can use a truncated word for a species of sea life, I can use a sci-fi word for dollar.

bboisvert 03-09-05 10:06 PM

I just used Babelfish on the description of the UK 'extras' (it was written in Swahili). It came back with: ho thye amd ehime dit it.

That isn't English, is it?

MrE 03-10-05 09:43 AM

:rofl:

Mike Lowrey 03-10-05 10:38 AM

I just used Babelfish on the description of the UK 'extras' (it was written in Swahili). It came back with: ho thye amd ehime dit it.

No, but I bet that it has something to do with a drenload.

MEJHarrison 03-10-05 11:57 AM

So Stanley Kubrick movies come with special features? Or just Sparticus? Or is there a new "special edition" Pepsi on the way? -confused-

pagansoul 03-10-05 12:11 PM

What on earth do you consider 'special features'. For me its anything outside the actual feature. All of the R1 versions, Standard (11 keep cases), Season set (5 dual keep cases) and Starburst (3 keep case, two sided dvd) have 'Special Features' included. Commentaries on half of the shows. Makeup test, behind the scenes and such. The difference is that if you brought the first set they were over $20 each x11 (est $220), second group, the season box set (est $85) and the Starburst Vol 1,2 and 3 (est $45). The later issue, Starbust has the most features because they were created after the first group went for sale. Don't forget the 'PEACEKEEPER WARS' for about $15 to tie up the end.

Numes 03-10-05 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by pagansoul
What on earth do you consider 'special features'. For me its anything outside the actual feature. All of the R1 versions, Standard (11 keep cases), Season set (5 dual keep cases) and Starburst (3 keep case, two sided dvd) have 'Special Features' included. Commentaries on half of the shows. Makeup test, behind the scenes and such. The difference is that if you brought the first set they were over $20 each x11 (est $220), second group, the season box set (est $85) and the Starburst Vol 1,2 and 3 (est $45). The later issue, Starbust has the most features because they were created after the first group went for sale. Don't forget the 'PEACEKEEPER WARS' for about $15 to tie up the end.

Whatever, sounds like hearsay to me ;)

bboisvert 03-10-05 12:23 PM

This is all very confusing... are you saying that they're releasing the Special Features later, after the first group goes up for sale? And these features will be in 3 versions (11 keep cases, 5 dual keep cases, or 3 keep cases)? Seems like a strange way to release something. I'll probably wait it out.

All I know is that Kubrick must be rolling in his grave by now. Damn Pepsi! :mad:

chess 03-10-05 12:24 PM

Sure, but do the Starburst Editions come with a handy dandy sarcasm detector? Clearly the earlier editions did not.

Breakfast with Girls 03-10-05 12:44 PM

(wanders in to the last page, stares blankly, then slowly and quietly edges out of the thread)

Bandoman 03-10-05 12:52 PM

rotfl

Maxflier 03-10-05 01:12 PM

This is all very confusing... are you saying that they're releasing the Special Features later, after the first group goes up for sale? And these features will be in 3 versions (11 keep cases, 5 dual keep cases, or 3 keep cases)? Seems like a strange way to release something. I'll probably wait it out.

If these rumors are true,i would probably lean towards the 5 dual keep case release of the special features.
I wish they would make some kind of announcement instead of keeping us all in the dark.

Mike Lowrey 03-10-05 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Numes
Whatever, sounds like hearsay to me ;)

I think that reply pretty much sums up this whole thread. ;)

Spoiler:
That's gotta be the greatest reply yet...the poor guy lays out the whole speal and then you shoot'em down with a simple..."whatever, sounds like hearsay to me"...BRILLIANT!

Mike Lowrey 03-10-05 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by chess
Sure, but do the Starburst Editions come with a handy dandy sarcasm detector? Clearly the earlier editions did not.

I've heard the Starburst Edition do indeed, but it's pretty obvious that the older ones didn.'t

Michael Corvin 03-10-05 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Lowrey
I've heard the Starburst Edition do indeed, but it's pretty obvious that the older ones didn.'t

I didn't see it listed with the other features. Maybe it is just considered 'value added content.'

chess 03-10-05 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Lowrey

Hopefully it's a really good sarcasm detector. Sometimes sarcasm can be hard to detect. This thread, for instance, has some very subtle sarcasm that would be easy to miss without a really sensitive sarcasm detector.