DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   New Stand By Me? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/404310-new-stand-me.html)

digitalfreaknyc 02-28-05 10:10 AM

Between what discs? Stand By Me has never been released in DD5.1 EVER.

Filmmaker 02-28-05 10:22 AM

And isn't about to, either.

Bill Needle 02-28-05 10:38 AM

At least I don't need to worry about having finally picked up the older release last year and missing out on something.

GuessWho 02-28-05 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Filmmaker
Hmm, a soundtrack CD for a DVD that already contains the isolated soundtrack...sure, I get it...

kinda hard to play the isolated soundtrack dvd in my car's cd player

Filmmaker 02-28-05 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by GuessWho
kinda hard to play the isolated soundtrack dvd in my car's cd player

Not for me, but I'd get in trouble if I gave details...

dolphinboy 02-28-05 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc
You're going to believe Amazon over someone who's reviewed the disc and has it "in hand?" lol that's funny.

Don't be a dick. Screeners can sometimes turn out to be wrong or different. I was just asking a question, if it bothered you, you didn't have to read the thread. Anyone who does "lol" still, now that's funny.

digitalfreaknyc 02-28-05 02:39 PM

I read this thread and am contributing because apparently I know a bit more about it than you do, dear.

dolphinboy 02-28-05 02:49 PM

I read this thread and am contributing because apparently I know a bit more about it than you do, dear.

actually, you haven't made any contribution and it seems like you're only purpose of posting is to be a condescending jacka**, dear.

by the way, unless you have the new dvd, you actually know nothing, dear.

Filmmaker 02-28-05 03:16 PM

And this thread will be closed in three...two...one...

digitalfreaknyc 02-28-05 03:27 PM

The new disc has NOTHING new added except for the soundtrack. The regular disc has an isolated score that has NEVER been available separately on CD. The regular soundtrack only contains source music for the film but no actual orchestrations (which is what the DVD contains). There has NEVER been a 5.1 remix of Stand By Me released in the US. Only the Japanese superbit has a brand new DTS 5.1 track that is actually directional. Hell, not even the PRESS RELEASE states anything about a 5.1 track. So therefore, one can deduce that this new version is just a rehash of the last one unless you have any real reason to think otherwise besides an amazon.com link which is hardly the most "solid" of sources.

And FYI, I have the soundtrack, the original SE AND the Japanese Superbit. So yes, I do believe I know a little about this title.

dolphinboy 02-28-05 04:26 PM

Hell, not even the PRESS RELEASE states anything about a 5.1 track. So therefore, one can deduce that this new version is just a rehash of the last one unless you have any real reason to think otherwise besides an amazon.com link which is hardly the most "solid" of sources.

And FYI, I have the soundtrack, the original SE AND the Japanese Superbit. So yes, I do believe I know a little about this title.

If you actually wanted to contribute, you could have posted this press release. That, certainly, would have helped answer the question of whether Amazon has it wrong or not. Instead of just calling someone dumb for asking for more clarification than one review.

And I still can't figure out what you having the soundtrack, original SE, AND Japanese Superbit has to do with the Deluxe edition, which is what this thread and my question was about. You don't have that.

Julie Walker 03-01-05 12:17 AM

The film was made in mono,sounds great in mono,and thus does not need a remix:D

So deal with it!

candyrocket786 03-01-05 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
And I still can't figure out what you having the soundtrack, original SE, AND Japanese Superbit has to do with the Deluxe edition, which is what this thread and my question was about. You don't have that.

I think he saying that he doesn't need the deluxe edition because he has soundtrack, original SE and Superbit ;)

The Deluxe Edition is probably nothing special. The term "deluxe" is pretty much thrown around just like all the others: Another tool used by the suits to get you to buy a useless high priced dvd.

I say stick with the $8 SE or go with the $45 Superbit...which is another marketing tool, but it does offer a good DTS track.

spartanstew 03-18-05 09:36 PM

Is the Japanese Superbit a Region 2 or all regions?

does anyone know where it can be purchased?

Stew

digitalfreaknyc 03-18-05 10:11 PM

As far as I know, it's region 2 only. It can be purchased at almost any of the "usual" online japanese sites. But expect to pay $50-60 shipped for it. Happy trails!