DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill! news? and sightings (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/404142-faster-pussycat-kill-kill-news-sightings.html)

Buford T Pusser 07-05-05 12:31 AM

Well they play on my home player, portable player and laptop.

It seems like all my UK dvds player everywhere except for one. The Spaced tv series.

Cameron 07-05-05 12:36 AM

thanks buford... what kind of home player are you using...

just wondering if i need to hack a dvd player or if these are region 0 and are playing for everyone

Buford T Pusser 07-05-05 12:42 AM

It's a JVC Progressive scan that's about two-three years old.

rmick 07-05-05 12:49 AM

So does this mean these discs are region free NSTC?

Cameron 07-05-05 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by rmick
So does this mean these discs are region free NSTC?

thats what i need to know

rmick 07-05-05 01:19 PM

Cameron, as I'm sure you probably will, please post here if you find out if these are region free as I'll do the same.

Buford T Pusser 07-05-05 03:33 PM

How can you tell if they are "officially" region free? As I said they work in three players and none of these are supposed to play other regions.

The box doesn't say anything about region, but it does say COLOUR/PAL.

Cameron 07-05-05 11:32 PM

buford have you ever hacked your player?

Buford T Pusser 07-06-05 12:26 AM

Nope-NEVER.

Cameron 07-06-05 11:03 AM

does anyone else have these disc?

Buford T Pusser 07-06-05 05:41 PM

Am I the only one man enough to own them?

:buford:

onebyone 07-06-05 06:18 PM

I have and adore Faster Pussycat, and it plays in all my players as well. I have a few, and it even plays in the ones that aren't supposed to be region free. If you look on the back box art, which you can see at dvdprofiler, there is a 0 on the back with like a square around it. That probably means it is region 0. At least, that is my best bet for what it means.

NavinJohnson 07-06-05 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Buford T Pusser

I got the older R2 Faster, Pussycat!; Pal w/no extras. :(

Does that make me man enough?

Buford T Pusser 07-06-05 09:57 PM

A sad man. :p

When those came out I decided to wait and see if it got better and boy did it!

Cameron 07-06-05 10:02 PM

thats awesome...looks like i will bite for the overseas version...anyone have links to the best deal on these.

Buford T Pusser 07-06-05 10:39 PM

I believe you've seen my thread about these flicks when they came out.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...ght=russ+meyer

I started the thread in April and at the time cdwow had them for $15.95 w/shipping.

Russ Meyer's Faster Pussycat... Kill! Kill! $15.95
Russ Meyer's Supervixens $15.95
Russ Meyer's Vixen $15.95
Russ Meyer's Beneath The Valley Of The Ultravixens $15.95
Russ Meyer's Up! $15.95
Russ Meyer's Mondo Topless $15.95

Since then the price has gone up there.

They just put out some more DVDs as I mention in the thread. I found a guy on eBay selling three of them-w/multiple listings of each. His shipping was high-4 pounds for the first and 2 pounds each after that-but I got them for opening bid or close to it so they were about $9 each.

So after shipping the cost was $41 or just under $14 each. Not a bad deal!

Find him on eBay and you'll be set. I think he's selling the first ones as well. His name is wadsey.

repoman 07-07-05 08:19 AM

I own the new Arrow Films UK DVD's for Faster Pussycat, Vixen and Supervixens. I can confirm that these DVD's are region 0 as they play without problems on my portable Audiovox DVD player and PC DVD player as these two units are not affected by the PAL issue. They do appear to be PAL however as they do not play correctly on my Pioneer or Panasonic DVD Players. For those whom the DVD's worked on your non PC or portable DVD player, is your unit a multi region player with a PAL to NTSC converter? Again I cannot operate these on a standard US DVD player due to the PAL issue. The region is not the issue as they are definitely region 0.

Cameron 07-08-05 12:27 AM

will they not play at all, or is their a speedup problem

LiquidSky 07-08-05 07:02 AM

I have the Region 2 with all the extras! I also own the Australian disc of "Beyond the Valley of the Dolls": nice widescreen presentation but no extras.

The question is: are you man enough for me! :eyebrow: ;)

repoman 07-08-05 07:33 AM

Cameron- there is a speedup problem with the Arrow DVD's on my US player.

lewisb73 07-10-05 07:57 PM

wow... when I bought mine the other day, I got it for 15.99 with free shipping, but today, all his dvds were higher in price, in various degrees... FPKK was now 23.99... better than RM's website, but still ouch

Buford T Pusser 07-10-05 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by lewisb73
wow... when I bought mine the other day, I got it for 15.99 with free shipping, but today, all his dvds were higher in price, in various degrees... FPKK was now 23.99... better than RM's website, but still ouch

Who is "his dvds"?

Buford T Pusser 07-10-05 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by LiquidSky
I have the Region 2 with all the extras! I also own the Australian disc of "Beyond the Valley of the Dolls": nice widescreen presentation but no extras.

The question is: are you man enough for me! :eyebrow: ;)

If you're a woman, yes. If you're a man, no.

LiquidSky 07-11-05 08:33 AM

If you're a woman, yes. If you're a man, no.

:mad: ;)

Buford T Pusser 07-11-05 01:26 PM

I think that means you're a man.