DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Can someone provide a list of the titles of Warner Bros 2005 releases? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/403653-can-someone-provide-list-titles-warner-bros-2005-releases.html)

Deco King 01-05-05 08:03 AM

Can someone provide a list of the titles of Warner Bros 2005 releases?

I wonder if there is a DVD website which can provide me with a list of the titles which Warner Bros intend releasing during 2005? I know that there are several classic gangster titles but what else?

I'm waiting for a special editions of "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane", "Mame", the classic Busby Berkeley musicals, Dr X, etc.

smirnoffski 01-05-05 02:06 PM

well Quarter 1 2005 has the announced releases, notables include:

-Warner Gangster Collection - Jan 25
-Chariots of Fire 2-disc SE - Feb 1
-Malcolm X 2-disc SE - Feb 8
-Heat 2-disc SE - Feb 22
-Classic Comedies Collection - Mar 1
(Bringing Up Baby 2-disc SE; Philadelphia Story 2-disc SE; Dinner at Eight; Libeled Lady; Stage Door; To Be or Not To Be)
-Classical Musical Collection - Mar 15
(Easter Parade 2-disc SE; Band Wagon 2-disc SE; Bells Are Ringing; Brigadoon; Finian's Rainbow)
-

Cameron 01-05-05 02:10 PM

king kong near Xmas

Geofferson 01-05-05 02:38 PM

The much-delayed The Outsiders 2-disc SE better be in their 2005 release list. :grunt:

Marc^H 01-05-05 03:19 PM

For various reasons, video companies rarely share more than a few months worth of scheduled releases. Warners has let out a few hints though: aside from the officially announced titles posted above, they have mentioned an upcoming Errol Flynn box set, an Astaire/Rogers box set, more Bette Davis, more Joan Crawford, "The Loved One," "A Face in The Crowd," and a possible anniversary edition of "The Big Parade."

A few sites have mentioned a Busby Berkeley box set being in the works, though Warner guru George Feltenstein did not mention it in a recent interview (I am praying they release this--too bad they dont own Berkeley's "The Gang's All Here", which Fox never even put on VHS).

The "Vitaphone Project" website has mentioned a "Gold Diggers of 1933" DVD being in the works, because some bonus material has been confirmed--including the surviving reels of "Gold Diggers of Broadway." The DVD itself has not been officially listed yet.

Havent seen anything on "Dr. X". They did release that other early 30s Technicolor horror opus, "Mystery of the Wax Museum," as a bonus on the "House of Wax" DVD, however.

If you Google Warner's "George Feltenstein" from time to time, you can find new interviews with him, and find out what the company is releasing. The Hollywood Reporter and Variety often get the scoop on releases before others do.

PopcornTreeCt 01-05-05 04:15 PM

Look for a Sam Peckinpah box set including a 2-disc set of The Wild Bunch. Also, new multi-disc sets of 2001 A Space Odyssey and the Wizard of Oz.

mattp 01-05-05 04:45 PM

I remember reading in a HTF chat transcript that Warner Bros intended to release <a href="http://imdb.com/title/tt0070464/?fr=c2l0ZT1kZnxteD0yMHxzZz0xfGxtPTIwMHx0dD1vbnxwbj0wfHE9byBsdWNreSBtYW58aHRtbD0xfG5tPW9u;fc=1;ft=21; fm=1">O Lucky Man</a> in '04. It never happened, so hopefully we'll get it in '05. It's an excellent movie.

devilpants 01-05-05 06:07 PM

Still waiting for that much-promised Val Lewton Collection that Warners was promising back in 2002....

Ronin4223 01-05-05 10:23 PM

Dammit, I want a Ben Hur 2 disc!

cinephan 01-06-05 12:44 AM

I want Gypsy and Auntie Mame 2 discs.

rasalas 01-06-05 10:12 AM

I talked to George F. recently for a Gone With the Wind article. He mentioned that WHV is finishing up an Errol Flynn set, for which it got interview footage from Olivia de Havilland, and is working on Kings Row for DVD release.

Giles 01-06-05 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Cameron
king kong near Xmas

ah, man! that's still too way off...

Walter Neff 01-06-05 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Giles
ah, man! that's still too way off...

That's probably around when Peter Jackson's remake is coming out, no? Studios always try to capitalize on something in the theaters whenever they can.