Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone know if "Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou" will be a Criterion DVD?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Anyone know if "Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou" will be a Criterion DVD?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-05, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ThatGuamGuy, please pardon my analogy. Maybe it's better to comparing the seeming situation of Wilson and Anderson's writing split to The Rolling Stones breaking up because Mick Jagger went on to do a solo record. "Anymore" certainly was an overstatement.

I do admit, I was unaware of Anderson's next movie (already! ... indeed, I see it on IMDB). Still, you are correct about "quibbling." It's too early to really know that a collaboration will never happen again, even if it's not happening on the next film. Besides, Life Aquatic was just as enjoyable for me as any of Anderson's prior films, if darker in tone. I'm not too concerned if the two never write together again, but I would be happy to see them do it again.

To keep on topic… I trust Criterion over any other studio with the presentation of a film on DVD, so I hope Criterion does release it. Though it’s all speculation at this point but hopefully someone will find the demand and interest worthy of Criterion doing it. I have high hopes.
Old 01-05-05, 01:16 PM
Cool New Member

Don't forget that right up until it was announced plenty of folks were absolutley convinced that Tenenbaums wouldn't be a Criterion release and yet it was. I would not be surprised if Life Aquatic is as well, if only because it's not attracting the buzz that RTs did upon it's release. Here's hoping...
Old 02-18-05, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

May 10, 2005 according to:
http://videoeta.com/movie.html?via=form&id=57917
http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.ht...c&rg=1&x=0&y=0
Old 02-18-05, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
good news....the bits said they would have an official release specs in the next week or two....we will see
Old 02-18-05, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Sweet!

Although, May 10 sounds like forever from now, when I'd love to have this movie as soon as possible. This is one of those movies that I'll watch right away after buying it, unlike some other that I buy.