Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Buffy Season Seven...Cut! (Warning, contains spoilers)

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Buffy Season Seven...Cut! (Warning, contains spoilers)

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-04, 11:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buffy Season Seven...Cut!

In the episode "End of Days" they cut out a part of the opening scene. The part cut was when Faith opens up the chest with the bomb in it, and the bomb explodes almost killing Faith. Why would they cut this out? It makes no sense. I am so mad!

Last edited by fivebyfivefvs; 11-20-04 at 11:47 AM.
Old 11-20-04, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Wasn't that the end of the previous episode? They don't include the "previously on" recaps on the DVDs
Old 11-20-04, 11:52 AM

The previous episode ended with Faith opening the chest, and the bomb ticking away. The next episode opened with Faith opening it and the bomb going off.
Old 11-20-04, 12:11 PM

Sounds like they mistakenly thought
Spoiler:
the bomb going off
was part of the recap (since it continues on seamlessly from the last scene of the recap, with
Spoiler:
Faith opening the chest
). Very lame... I'm glad I have the R2 set.

Last edited by Philip Reuben; 11-20-04 at 01:58 PM.
Old 11-20-04, 01:05 PM

Yeah. I too have the british sets of both S6 and S7. I love that they include the "Previously on Buffy the Vampire Slayer.." clips
Old 11-20-04, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how about some spoilers? Not everyone wants to know that
Spoiler:
Faith is back
Old 11-20-04, 01:58 PM

Good point! (I'm usually so vigilant about that too... can't believe I forgot o_o)
Old 11-20-04, 02:20 PM

What to do...

So what do we think... disc recall/replacement plan?

It's one thing not to get the "Previously" montage in the S5 set, but this is actual program content. Kinda crucial, too.

CDE,

CS

P.S. At least it wasn't in widescreen! :-P
Old 11-20-04, 02:52 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally posted by nodeerforamonth
Spoiler:
Faith is back
Season 7 was on TV over a year ago, there are no need for spoilers. Maybe you shouldn't be reading a Buffy Season 7 thread if you havn't watch it?
Old 11-20-04, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Season 7 was on TV over a year ago, there are no need for spoilers. Maybe you shouldn't be reading a Buffy Season 7 thread if you havn't watch it?
No offense, but some people wait for DVD to catch up on a television show. A lot of Buffy fans were introduced to the show via DVD and for a show like Buffy, it's crucial to watch the series IN ORDER. Season six of the series didn't even come to DVD until the show was already off the air for good.

Not everyone watches the show on weekend evenings/mornings on syndication nor everyone has FX to watch the show daily. Don't be rude to a person because he hasn't seen it and/or is protecting others from reading the thread.
Old 11-20-04, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by GizmoDVD
Just about everything on DVD was released somewhere else first, whether theatrically or on TV, so unless you're just opposed to the notion of tagging sploiers for DVD altogether, I don't understand where you're coming from.
Old 11-20-04, 03:35 PM
Suspended

When you enter a thread saying Buffy Season Seven CUT, what do you expect?

Yeah, episode 15 was cut.. I can't say where because some people havn't seen it yet. But it was cut! Lets all discuss in spoiler tags!
Old 11-20-04, 03:36 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by Yakuza Bengoshi
Just about everything on DVD was released somewhere else first, whether theatrically or on TV, so unless you're just opposed to the notion of tagging sploiers for DVD altogether, I don't understand where you're coming from.
I'm coming from the fact this is NOT a Buffy Season 7 discussion thread. Its pointing out SOMETHING was cut, and I can't see many people who havn't seen all of Season 7 to open this thread.
Old 11-20-04, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I'm coming from the fact this is NOT a Buffy Season 7 discussion thread. Its pointing out SOMETHING was cut, and I can't see many people who havn't seen all of Season 7 to open this thread.

I find it odd that you can't understand why someone who hasn't yet seen Season 7 would be interested in knowing whether the R1 release is cut prior to buying it. Is it that you never buy blind, or that you just don't like to know in advance of purchase whether a DVD's content has been cut?
Old 11-20-04, 04:16 PM

Damnit, I wait for months to get the set after the release has been confirmed and an episode is cut. Way to go Fox, screwed up Angel season 2 and now Buffy season 7. Is it that damned hard to put a show on DVD without screwing something up? Oh wait, it's Fox.
Old 11-20-04, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Yakuza Bengoshi
I find it odd that you can't understand why someone who hasn't yet seen Season 7 would be interested in knowing whether the R1 release is cut prior to buying it. Is it that you never buy blind, or that you just don't like to know in advance of purchase whether a DVD's content has been cut?
Exactly.

Yeah, episode 15 was cut.. I can't say where because some people havn't seen it yet. But it was cut! Lets all discuss in spoiler tags!
1. It's spelt haven't.
2. Your sarcasm doesn't work well as Yazuka made a damn fine point.
3. The original post should've been put in spoilers because the episode the post is about involves
Spoiler:
the final few freakin' episodes of the series.
Old 11-20-04, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Season 7 was on TV over a year ago, there are no need for spoilers. Maybe you shouldn't be reading a Buffy Season 7 thread if you haven't watch it?
There are a number of shows out of DVD that I never watched on the air. I work late at night and never got to see most of these shows and never trusted my old VCR to catch them all. Heck I stopped watching Friends at the end of the 8th season and figured I'd just wait till the DVDs came out to find out what happened on the last 2 seasons. Now that I have my DVR I have a better chance of catching all the shows I enjoy but to be honest I don't mind waiting for the season sets.

Thankfully I finished the series the other night. If I had the set sealed I might of chosen to check out this thread and based on the info in it decided to go with a set from another region.
Old 11-20-04, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by nodeerforamonth
Spoiler:
Faith is back
BTW,
There is a picture of
Spoiler:
Faith
on the insert when taking out the 1st disc....be carefull everyone.....
Old 11-20-04, 10:19 PM

Originally posted by Kaervak
Way to go Fox, screwed up Angel season 2 and now Buffy season 7.
Wait, what's wrong with Angel Season 2?
Old 11-21-04, 12:01 AM

Originally posted by sleep
Wait, what's wrong with Angel Season 2?
The opening scene in Over The Rainbow where Angel, Wes & Lorne are looking around Caritas to try and find Cordy is cut on the R1 DVD. And it's in widescreen. There are a few things you shouldn't be seeing on screen. Cast/crew, some equipment and people taking when their mouths aren't moving. Plus in quite a few scenes there's a TON of dead space to the left and right. Thankfully the R4 release isn't cut and is in fullscreen.
Old 11-21-04, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is a TV show, its been aired, enough with the spoilers. Yes, people are just watching this for the first time (which IMO, is ridiculous) on DVD but Fox doesn't think people actually do that. So watch out for inserts or whatever might give away the ending of the show you missed when it was on years ago.
Old 11-21-04, 12:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by JNielsen
BTW,
There is a picture of
Spoiler:
Faith
There is another major spoiler on the cover art and I'm SOOOOO thankful I was in a hurry when I put the DVD into my changer or I would of tracked down the person responsible for that artwork.
Old 11-21-04, 01:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Kaervak
The opening scene in Over The Rainbow where Angel, Wes & Lorne are looking around Caritas to try and find Cordy is cut on the R1 DVD. And it's in widescreen. There are a few things you shouldn't be seeing on screen. Cast/crew, some equipment and people taking when their mouths aren't moving. Plus in quite a few scenes there's a TON of dead space to the left and right. Thankfully the R4 release isn't cut and is in fullscreen.
Ahem. Whedon and Co. ALWAYS shot Angel with the intention of it being in widescreen. While the intended aspect ratio for Season One is full frame (1.33:1)*, Whedon and Co. prefer the show from there on out in widescreen. Originally, they wanted the show to be shown in widescreen on The WB starting with Season Two. The WB told them no. Their wish wasn't granted until Season Three when more shows on network television began broadcasting their shows in widescreen.

* = Prior to the release of the first season on DVD in R2/R4, there was talk that it would be in widescreen similar to Buffy's fourth season.
Old 11-21-04, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by JNielsen
BTW,
There is a picture of
Spoiler:
Faith
That's one more strike against the R1 release then because the R2 release's box, book and disc art are spoiler free.
Old 11-21-04, 10:23 AM

I'll re-watch it today on TV with the explosion and see what I'm missing.
Well... now watched the beginning of "End Of Days" with the explosion. To be honest, I actually like it a bit more without the bang... So I'm not too mad about the dvd screw-up. Still, a corrected version should be released.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.