Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Simpsons Season 5 Disc 1 skipping audio in Toshiba 3900 Player

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-04, 02:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Simpsons Season 5 Disc 1 skipping audio in Toshiba 3900 Player

I guess it wasn't the dvd since I returned it to Best Buy and got a new copy with no flaws at all and still get the audio skipping when you go to extras and then anamatic. I tried the same dvd in my Playstation 2 and worked fine. Anybody else who has a 3900 have these same problems?
Old 12-28-04, 01:04 AM

I'm off to a different Best Buy today and hopefully this will get resolved. I've checked the other dvds and the only one with the problem is disc 1. Disc 3 looks like it has a chemical spill on it. I have over 300 dvds and I've never had this many problems. I know it's not my dvd player because it plays all movies perfectly, even PAL movies and scratched up movies.
Old 12-28-04, 11:35 AM

Still doing the same thing after I returned it again. I give up. I'm just going to watch it on my Playstation 2 or X-Box because the damn thing keeps on skipping.
Old 12-28-04, 03:55 PM

I've got a Toshiba. All discs work fine, except disc 4. Put it in, and it goes to the new 'anti-piracy' warning, the red fox warning, and then the obligatory statement about commentaries and interviews. During the commentaries thing, the disc sounds like someone is scratching it. Does it for about 5 seconds then comes up with disc read error...