DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Great extra on Shaun of the Dead dvd (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/401713-great-extra-shaun-dead-dvd.html)

tsl141 12-21-04 06:37 PM

Great extra on Shaun of the Dead dvd

I don't really getting around to watching extras on dvd's, but for some reason I decided to glance around the Shaun of the Dead dvd. Under the 'Missing Bits' menu there's a 'Plot Holes' section. It's three different sceens (in comic form) about what happened (not to give anything away). It didn't really add much to the movie all that much, but it was intresting to watch and know what was going on during those times. Very clever idea, I'd like to see more movies add extras like this. Great movie by the way, I was impressed.

bboisvert 12-21-04 07:45 PM

I agree... I thought this was pretty entertaining. I like it when DVDs do this (even when it isn't particularly effective, ala the video diary on Day of the Dead).

The recent release of The Deadly Spawn does something similar -- including 15 'comic panel' screens that tell a prequel story for the film.

Triple S 12-21-04 07:49 PM

Arguably the best movie of 04...

On top of that, the art was pretty impressive too. I was looking through the poster gallery, and now I really need the comic book style poster for Shaun otD.

marty888 12-21-04 10:36 PM

Sounds like a fun DVD ...

shawagg 12-21-04 10:50 PM

28 days later did something like that with the story boards of the alternate ending. I thought it worked better but I could see why it couldn't work.

Acting Up 12-22-04 03:25 AM

I just got this bad boy tonight and I didn't get around to even seeing the movie yet, but I'll watch this feature as soon as I am done with the movie..thanks for the heads up..even though I usually watch all the extra features.

sxwxs 12-22-04 09:05 AM

SOTD Poster

Originally Posted by Triple S
On top of that, the art was pretty impressive too. I was looking through the poster gallery, and now I really need the comic book style poster for Shaun otD.

I've been looking but cant find a comic book style poster, if you find one, could you please let me know where? thanks!

G. Noel Gross 12-22-04 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by tsl141
there's a 'Plot Holes' section.

That may be my favorite extra. (The flip chart's fun too.) I'd give this sucker a DVD Talk Collector Series if not for the absentee commentaries. Stay tuned.

Ghostface180 12-22-04 02:46 PM

Are you sure they aren't any commentaries? I was watching the movie last night, and went through the audio tracks, and there were two commentary tracks

G. Noel Gross 12-22-04 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Ghostface180
Are you sure they aren't any commentaries? I was watching the movie last night, and went through the audio tracks, and there were two commentary tracks

The UK release had four (Mum and Step Dad / Zombie extras). Plus a couple other doodads (another video diary).

critterdvd 12-22-04 03:20 PM

The Special Features where actually very above-par for this type of release.