DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Straw Dogs CC Back in Print? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/399360-straw-dogs-cc-back-print.html)

Case01 12-06-04 10:36 PM

Straw Dogs CC Back in Print?

Just curious if anyone knows why Straw Dogs seems to be somewhat back in print possibly or maybe a new source was found?In the past few months I've noticed criteriondvd.com with a heatly supply of it and DDD aswell has it.Anyway know the scoop I thought It went OOP a while ago?

-Just Curious thanks

bboisvert 12-06-04 11:09 PM

I'm not sure I understand the phrase "somewhat back in print," but the official Criterion site still lists it as OOP.

conscience 12-06-04 11:39 PM

I am not sure, but:

Just because a disc is OOP doesn't mean that stores still don't carry what they have left from their distributor.

DDD possibly could have copies that were received before the disc stopped being pressed.

It also depends on how many copies were actually distributed. For example, SALO didn't have as many copies pressed therefore when it went OOP people were overcome with trying to track it down.

basaro 12-07-04 12:30 AM

yeah,what they said. Just because it's OOP doesn't mean it's unavailable.
It didn't go OOP but a few months ago, and there are plenty of merchants which still have it in stock. You can still get Notorious, Rebecca, etc. too, and they went OOP many months ago, probably over a year now. It just depends on how quick the remaining copies sell before it'll be unavailable.

D-Ball 12-07-04 01:38 AM

It's possible that a number of copies were found. Sid and Nancy was out of print for about two years when copies showed up at several online stores.

speedyray 12-07-04 01:47 AM

Just leftovers. Movies years OOP show up from time to time.

moviezzz 12-07-04 12:29 PM

Are you sure it is the Criterion version? The MGM version was, I believe, just released. Some retailers may be listing that. The Criterion version is out of print because MGM got the rights.

kevin7215 12-07-04 07:17 PM

It's available at overstock.com for $21.99 (plus 1.40 for shipping). I might just have to order it.

Case01 12-07-04 09:41 PM

Alright thanks normally I would think it's extra stock but for a while I couldn't find them on any sites at all, then criteriondvd had it and others followed,then it was gone and now its back.Think I'll have to grab that overstock offer!

kevin7215 12-09-04 06:46 AM

Now the price is 19.99 (after I ordered it of course)

DGibFen 12-09-04 08:30 AM

Thanks kevin7215 for pointing out the Overstock offer. I've never seen the movie, but this appears to be too good of a deal to pass up.

kevin7215 12-09-04 12:24 PM

Actually, I haven't seen it either. I figured I should pick it up, might have regretted latter not getting it. I e-mail them to get me a price adjustment and they will credit my account (store credit, but it's better than nothing)

The Exister 12-09-04 12:28 PM

It's a great film, but not one to watch with Grandma!

JesseCuster 12-09-04 02:34 PM

This happened not too long ago with Sid and Nancy: CC, which had been long out of print. Movies Unlimited (I think) were the ones who came up with a box of them a little over a year ago and was selling them for around $40 a pop. That was a heck of a lot better than the $60-75 they had been going for on Ebay.