DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Spiderman 2 Best Buy Bonus Disc (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/394750-spiderman-2-best-buy-bonus-disc.html)

CrashNBurn69 11-07-04 03:09 PM

Spiderman 2 Best Buy Bonus Disc

best buy will be giving a bonus disc with spiderman 2 featuring "vh1 goes inside spiderman 2". this bonus wont come with the superbit or the gift set.
Best Buy Bonus Disc

fumanstan 11-07-04 03:23 PM

Thanks for the info.

Michael Corvin 11-07-04 09:19 PM

Screwing over the Superbit fans. It isn't right. That doesn't even make sense, b/c the two they are excluding are the more expensive items. That would urge more people to buy those that previously weren't.

Artman 11-07-04 11:30 PM

Well I was going to use some of my BBV credit for this, but looks like I'll get it at BB. I'm assuming this'll also be offered in-store?

Fok 11-07-04 11:49 PM

I'm going to wait for the next release scheduled in 2005

MJG87 11-08-04 12:11 AM

Thanks for the info, its "VH-1 Goes Inside Spider-man" the first movie, but I will still be using BBV Credit on this one

eau 11-08-04 01:30 AM

Originally posted by Michael Corvin
Screwing over the Superbit fans. It isn't right. That doesn't even make sense, b/c the two they are excluding are the more expensive items. That would urge more people to buy those that previously weren't.
Probably because the bonus disc is shrinkwrapped to the SE version. BB should have made it a separate package so that people can still get it when they buy whichever version of Spiderman 2 they choose.

reverie 11-08-04 07:38 AM

That does really suck. I wasn't looking to get the regular version... actually I still won't.. Well, I guess that also means I don't have to get it from Best Buy (unless they still have the best price). *sigh*

Big Worms 11-08-04 08:44 AM

Thanks for the info.

TK-421 11-08-04 09:26 AM

Bummer... I would've switched my preorder to BestBuy if they were bundling it with the Superbit version. Maybe the stores will be able to work something out, but I doubt it.

ben12 11-08-04 01:59 PM

I know you guys like to collect these things, but seriously, this VH1 thing can't be any better than one of those circle jerk featurettes when everyone sits around talking about how great everyone else is. I wouldn't feel too bad about missing out on it. I'm a HUGE Spidey fan and I'm not going to miss it. I'm getting the gift set. Hope that helps.

CrashNBurn69 11-30-04 10:29 AM

anyone pick this up yet? does it come seperately, wrapped to the case, or in the case?

ckolchak 11-30-04 11:03 AM

its inside the amray case.
the only way to tell which copies have it is either by a sticker on the cardboard slipcover, or checking to see which kind of shrinkwrap is on the disc itself ( ones with the bonus disc use the more common, thinner, all purpose shrinkwrap sealed with a heating element-the ones without are bagged in the type of 'pre-sized' shrink bags with the neat, folded ends.)

BTW they only had a handful of SBs at my BB.
plenty of the 2 disc SEs though.

roger_d 11-30-04 11:06 AM

i'm going to BB tonight. For those who have bought it already, is there a way to tell which one has the bonus disk? Yes i know it's the 2 disk set and not the Superbit.

nodeerforamonth 11-30-04 11:37 AM

I think it's safe to assume that if you are going to buy the Superbit version, you are not that interested in extras.

This bonus disk is just a separate extra. If the superbit customers don't want the bonus disk on the normal set, why would they care about another bonus disk?

The packaging makes sense to me.

Wannabe 11-30-04 11:40 AM

Originally posted by nodeerforamonth
I think it's safe to assume that if you are going to buy the Superbit version, you are not that interested in extras.

This bonus disk is just a separate extra. If the superbit customers don't want the bonus disk on the normal set, why would they care about another bonus disk?

Exactly.

Kal-El 11-30-04 12:04 PM

I just called the local BB and they have the regular 2-disc for $14.99. That's a fucking steal.

Chemical 11-30-04 12:14 PM

Those of us who are Canadian:

Futureshop is selling the Bestbuy US version, so you will get the Bestbuy bonus disc. How can I tell? Underneath the VH1 bonus disc sticker was a sticker saying Bestbuy $19.99. Hahaha!

roger_d 11-30-04 02:04 PM

Thanks for letting me know Chemical, now i know what to look for. Hopefully it'll be the same way of telling here in the states.

CrashNBurn69 11-30-04 02:10 PM

so is the disc about the 1st or 2nd movie?

roger_d 11-30-04 02:22 PM

2nd

The Valeyard 11-30-04 02:31 PM

Actually it's a VH-1 look at both movies really. Heavy emphasis on 1 (around 11 to 12 minutes) and a look at 2 (around 8 to 9 minutes).

The whole special is about 20 minutes plus a bunch of Sony previews

Andrew

Snowmaker 11-30-04 05:03 PM

Doesn't even sound worth it.

Admiral7 12-01-04 12:06 AM

"Doesn't even sound worth it."

20 minutes, huh. Gee, it's sounds like it's about TWICE AS LONG as just about every other Best Buy Bonus disc.

DVDBender 12-01-04 07:24 AM

Like Valeyard said, the VH-1 special is about both movies, with emphasis on the first. Typical promotional fluff, although it does contain some hilarious comments from Bruce Campbell.

As far as the previews, they are pretty much the same previews you'll see on the Spider-Man 2 disc.

The one welcome exception (in my opinion) is that the preview disc has the "Who am I?" trailer for the first Spider-Man, which is the first time I've seen it on DVD (unless I'm mistaken). This is nice since this trailer is superior to the "action" trailer on the other dvds.