DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   What DVDs are you getting 11.09.2004..? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/394415-what-dvds-you-getting-11-09-2004-a.html)

Sessa17 11-05-04 08:51 PM

Originally posted by gcbma
It's called "taste."

Hehehe. Amen, I'd rather be physically tortured then sit through just 1 episode of Friends. And Before Sunset is a tremendous film.

movieking 11-05-04 08:58 PM

Not a thing. Couple of big weeks coming up though.

Chad 11-05-04 09:04 PM

Nothing.

Just Lurking 11-05-04 09:16 PM

Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas

superdeluxe 11-05-04 10:35 PM

Nada

etrnlevol 11-05-04 11:09 PM

Eventually Star Trek Voyager: Season 5.
Must divert my fun money to Halo 2 instead :D

RUN-DvdMC 11-05-04 11:24 PM

The L word.

Quake1028 11-06-04 12:42 AM

Eddie Izzard - Definite Article
Eddie Izzard - Glorious
Eddie Izzard - Unrepeatable

bsktballDude1 11-06-04 01:02 AM

Gone with the Wind

Disc-Flipper 11-06-04 01:18 AM

Star Trek Voyager Season 5

plus after reading the review... that Popeye CGI DVD looks pretty cool!

RevKarl 11-06-04 01:28 AM

Originally posted by Rogue588
A big tip 'o the hat to RevKarl for picking up the slack while I was gone. He was just disappointed that there weren't more "Why isn't so & so on the poll" comments...
Rogue588: Normally, I would have taken this moment to welcome you back to the forum...but I see that "Filmmaker" has already done it for me. As for my "gets," it's going to be an expensive week!

Already in the mail:

The Marx Brothers Silver Screen Collection
W. C. Fields Comedy Collection

B&M pickups:

Friends: The Complete Eighth Season
Gone with the Wind: 4-disc Collector's Edition

Dabaomb 11-06-04 01:34 AM

Nothing for me this week. I may get Friends Season 8 and Gone with the Wind 4-Disc down the line if I can find a good deal on them.

onebyone 11-06-04 01:50 AM

Before Sunset
Friends: the Complete Eighth Season
Gone With the Wind [4-Disc Collector's Edition]
Ju-on [the Grudge]

Disc-Flipper 11-06-04 12:28 PM

There's supposed to be a "Pet Shop Boys: Performance" concert DVD released on Tuesday as well. Lemme see if I can actually find it...

roozilla 11-06-04 12:48 PM

The only thing that interests me is Ju-on (The Grudge) . I'm a sucker for horror movies. :frankie:

Mountain Biker 11-06-04 04:26 PM

Bunch of crappy titles this week, so nothing

ClownFace666 11-06-04 04:35 PM

Nothing in movies. Though Mickeys Twice Upon a Cash in and a Marx Brothers film might be a rental.

Halo 2 and Mario: Power Tennis for Videogames.

Gizmo 11-06-04 04:42 PM

Wow! Not one thing!

danwiz 11-06-04 06:05 PM

FRIENDS - SEASON 8!!

nightmaster 11-07-04 09:39 AM

The Stepford Wives
Falling From Grace
Mark Farner In Concert :)

TylerDurden_73 11-07-04 09:45 AM

Just Before Sunset for me

gutwrencher 11-07-04 12:04 PM

another fat week....

The Marx Brothers Silver Screen Collection
W.C. Fields Comedy Collection
Gone With the Wind(4 Discer)
Ju-On
Fritz Lang Epic Collection
The Naked Jungle
Ace High(Quattro dell'Ave Maria, I)
Arrowhead
Last Train From Gun Hill
Martin
Nail Gun Massacre(LE)

...and more that I've fallen behind on.....

Eyes Without a Face
ST-Season 2
Lost In Space-Season 2

TomOpus 11-07-04 12:39 PM

In a related note:

Des Moines, IA (Reuters) -

In a cost-cutting measure, UPS has decided to open a new distribution center next to DVDTalk user "gutwrencher"

"It's a simple matter of the price of gas, vehicle maintenance cost and time", reports Regional Manager Wen D. Carlos.

"Our drivers have been complaining of not being able to properly utitlize their time because of so many deliveries made to his address. We can save millions of dollars annually by building a distributing center next to his house."

Because of the coming holiday season, the building has been put on the fast track and should be open by next Tuesday. Additionally, the new center will employ 50 more people.

"This is a win-win situation for all of us and the city of Des Moines. We look forward to continued and better business with gut," Mr. Carlos said enthusiatically.

ReduxGuy 11-07-04 12:51 PM

In Savannah - The Clearing

At Home - Gone with the Wind (definite) and Zatoichi (hopefully)

Sessa17 11-07-04 12:54 PM

Originally posted by TomOpus
In a related note:

Des Moines, IA (Reuters) -

In a cost-cutting measure, UPS has decided to open a new distribution center next to DVDTalk user "gutwrencher"

"It's a simple matter of the price of gas, vehicle maintenance cost and time", reports Regional Manager Wen D. Carlos.

"Our drivers have been complaining of not being able to properly utitlize their time because of so many deliveries made to his address. We can save millions of dollars annually by building a distributing center next to his house."

Because of the coming holiday season, the building has been put on the fast track and should be open by next Tuesday. Additionally, the new center will employ 50 more people.

"This is a win-win situation for all of us and the city of Des Moines. We look forward to continued and better business with gut," Mr. Carlos said enthusiatically.

rotfl Funniest thing in the history of the "what are you getting" thread. rotfl