DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Wal-Mart Dollar DVD's... (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/393836-wal-mart-dollar-dvds.html)

LuisL 11-02-04 12:28 AM

Wal-Mart Dollar DVD's...

Anyone buy any of these? I bought 4 of the horror titles today. Not a bad deal I guess.

Rammsteinfan 11-02-04 12:35 AM

The walmarts here sold out the first day the clerk said... couldnt even get 1 of em.

LuisL 11-02-04 01:14 AM

HEH. Mine had a bunch. The Manster, Dementia 13, The Ape and ...from Yucca Falls (can't remember the 1st part of the title).

JJE-187 11-02-04 03:01 AM

Beast From Yucca Flats?

I picked up Satanic Rites of Dracula about a month ago, I was surprised to find out that it is Widescreen, not a bad deal for a $1. My Sister bought a crapload of Cartoons (about 20+) everything from Popeye, Superman to Bugs Bunny & Betty Boop

JJE-187 11-02-04 03:01 AM

Beast From Yucca Flats?

I picked up Satanic Rites of Dracula about a month ago, I was surprised to find out that it is Widescreen, not a bad deal for a $1. My Sister bought a crapload of Cartoons (about 20+) everything from Popeye, Superman to Bugs Bunny & Betty Boop

LuisL 11-02-04 03:28 AM

yeap that's the one.

slowcloud 11-02-04 11:42 AM

Target is now also selling obscure, low quality $1 DVDs. They have a little "Dollar Station" at the front of the store.

Abob Teff 11-02-04 01:20 PM

Add Best Buy to the list as well . . . I didn't look through them, but I know that Dementia 13 and Little Shop of Horrors were in there.

grune 11-02-04 04:55 PM

The Wal-Mart Bugs Bunny dvd has All This and Rabbit Stew on it, which is one of the banned episodes

LuisL 11-03-04 06:26 AM

yeap i saw best buy was selling them as well, went by there yesterday.

KillerQ 11-03-04 08:47 AM

Hey all,

Has anyone tried to see if Media Play will allow these $1 DVD's as trade-in's towards a free DVD on Trade In Tuesdays?

Thanks,

M

Geoffrey 11-03-04 06:23 PM

Media Play scans the barcode on any potential trade-ins and gives a price accordingly.If these discs are for sale for a buck they'll probably give you a nickel or so credit.
On the other hand,their add says any 4 DVDs......who knows?

scarredgod 11-03-04 10:40 PM

did anyone notice if Night Of The Living Dead is one of these dollar DVDs, i have seen all the others but not NOTLD.

sailor_moon 11-03-04 11:17 PM

Originally posted by Geoffrey
Media Play scans the barcode on any potential trade-ins and gives a price accordingly.If these discs are for sale for a buck they'll probably give you a nickel or so credit.
On the other hand,their add says any 4 DVDs......who knows?

Hi, first post and since I'm the Video Department Lead at Media Play, I felt obliged to answer this question. Lowest possible price for anything traded in at Media Play is $0.50. And the 4 DVDs for 1 New Release in only available on Tuesdays.

If the $1 DVDs are something that we sell, or have ever sold, we'll take them back. I would bring a couple extras though just to be on the safe side.

Cameron 11-06-04 12:46 PM

the media play trade also states no public domain titles