DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Dawn Of The Dead Unrated or Theatrical Release (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/392003-dawn-dead-unrated-theatrical-release.html)

Julie Walker 10-23-04 10:14 PM

Jack,I knew Groucho was joking and I was playing along. Ie-there are some people out there who would think "This is R rated,it is ok for my kids,but the unrated version is not suitable at all!". So I was laughing at how absurd that really is.

It is the same with edited cds. If you think they can handle the edited version. Then they might as well be allowed to listen to the unedited version. Since it is just hypocritical to assume 'edited=ok for all' unedited=bad bad bad. If you don't want them to watch or view such content at all. Then all versions should be off limits. It is just common sense:D

Jackskeleton 10-23-04 10:53 PM

That sure is a lot of words for "I was playing along" . You may want to censors yourself down a bit.

harosa 10-24-04 04:58 AM

I say go for unrated, not because of some more gruesome headshots but for some scenes that clear up alot of questions you had when watching the original release, mainly how they got into the mall and how they escaped Andy's gun shop, also there are some nice character moments too.

Julie Walker 10-24-04 09:38 PM

Originally posted by shaggy
There is a feature called
Surviving The Dawn: Dare To Face Your Fears! A behind-the-screams feature with cast interviews, on-location footage and more!

This isn't shown on the unrated disc

OK I just look at the boxes for both versions at dvdempire and yes that feature was not listed on the unrated release.

Hmm,so now what to do? Buy both versions or pick only one?

SunMonkey 10-25-04 08:25 AM

Unrated if only to find out how they all got out of the gun shop.

steebo777 10-25-04 08:26 AM

Originally posted by Julie Walker
OK I just look at the boxes for both versions at dvdempire and yes that feature was not listed on the unrated release.

Hmm,so now what to do? Buy both versions or pick only one?

Just pick up the Unrated version.

QuiGonJosh 10-25-04 08:44 AM

Got the Unrated edition...never saw the Theatrical...but theres a lot of exploding heads in this flick! :D

Skull 10-25-04 10:58 AM

I picked up the Unrated version as well and never saw the theatrical, so I'm not sure what the difference is. This movie is awesome!

Groucho 10-25-04 11:00 AM

Word in another thread is that the Best Buy bonus disc is only on the Rated version. :(

Damed 10-25-04 11:48 AM

Surviving The Dawn: Dare To Face Your Fears! A behind-the-screams feature with cast interviews, on-location footage and more!

Surviving the Dawn is the first featurette on BOTH versions of the film.

See my post in the other thread:

http://dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread....hreadid=392166

tommy28 10-25-04 12:55 PM

I for one will watch the un-rated with my 7 year old,after the movie ill explain to her what could happen if she doesnt start to listen and make her bed everyday.....

G. Noel Gross 10-25-04 01:25 PM

Originally posted by Damed
Surviving the Dawn is the first featurette on BOTH versions of the film.
No, "Surviving the Dawn" isn't included on the Unrated Director's Cut. Unless I'm blind.

mjlukich 10-25-04 01:35 PM

According to the specs on Deep Discount DVD, that feature is on BOTH versions. In fact, it shows three other featurettes ONLY available on the DC:
2. RAISING THE DEAD
3. ATTACK OF THE LIVING DEAD
4. SPLITTING HEADACHES: ANATOMY OF EXPLODING HEADS

In other words, according to the Deep Discount DVD website, the DC has ALL of the extra features of the rated version, PLUS three additional featurettes. Why hasn't anybody brought this up? Kinda makes the decision a no-brainer, if the information is correct.

G. Noel Gross 10-25-04 02:13 PM

Originally posted by mjlukich
According to the specs on Deep Discount DVD, [Surviving the Dawn] is on BOTH versions.
Nope. I'm looking at the DC now. It ain't there.

Julie Walker 10-25-04 05:02 PM

Also look at the back covers for both the Rated & Unrated releases and you will NOT see 'Surviving' listed on the unrated release.

blindrocket 10-25-04 06:12 PM

I'm glad that Netflix is renting the UR version. I got an email today saying it shipped.
I also saw it twice in theatres... great film. :)

mjlukich 10-25-04 06:25 PM

Sheesh, I'm getting dizzy. -confused- Does anybody have a link to a confirmed list of features for both releases?

Leechboy 10-25-04 07:27 PM

www.dawnofthedeadmovie.net has the features listed.

G. Noel Gross 10-25-04 07:57 PM

Originally posted by Leechboy
www.dawnofthedeadmovie.net has the features listed.
But the info is incorrect. No "Surviving the Dawn" on the Unrated cut.

Julie Walker 10-25-04 08:27 PM

Originally posted by G. Noel Gross
But the info is incorrect. No "Surviving the Dawn" on the Unrated cut.
..and here is all the proof you need.

Rated
http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_ite...5&tab=5&back=1

Unrated
http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_ite...7&tab=5&back=1

Jackskeleton 10-25-04 08:56 PM

DAMN CENSORSHIP ON AN UNRATED DISC!!!!111

TomOpus 10-25-04 09:20 PM

Well, this blows goats....

Alan Smithee 10-25-04 10:10 PM

So Blockbastard IS carrying the Unrated version of this, but if they'd released it that way in the theaters and gotten an NC-17 then Blockbastard WOUDLN'T carry it? Makes perfect sense.

Jackskeleton 10-25-04 10:25 PM

Hollywood video only has the rated version from what I hear.

Rypro 525 10-25-04 10:30 PM

"surviving' is probably a lameo promotional featurette (sort of like an "hbo first look" that has no replay value at all.