Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Has anyone seen Fahrenhype 9/11?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-04, 07:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone seen Fahrenhype 9/11?

It appears that overstock.com is the lone online seller (edit - they are the exclusive seller according to the site), but I think it was in the Best Buy sale paper this week. It does not surprise me that I have not seen it on this sight since Geoff is obviously a fan of Moore's movie. (Note: that is fine with me by the way as it is his site and he gives me the privillage of using it)

But, since I have seen so little about it, I am just wondering if anyone has seen it or has a review of it. I would really like to see the truth since Moore's film has been constantly tabbed as having a liberal bias at the least, and being out and out propaganda for the Democrats at the worst.

Oh, here is a companion website (they have a trailer):
http://www.theright911movie.com/

Last edited by speedyray; 10-06-04 at 07:40 AM.
Old 10-06-04, 07:50 AM
Emeritus Reviewer

If it came in, I'm sure that G! would send it my way (I consider Moore as factually accurate in his opinion shows as Rush Limbaugh, G. Gordon Liddy or other extremist trolls) but as far as providing an alternate view of Moore's release, I'm really not up to handling the amount of hate email I'd get by providing a conservative's view, with all the factual data supplied from independant sources, at this time.
Old 10-06-04, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Wow...Dick Morris, Zell Miller, Ann Coulter...yep, these are people I trust to bring me the "real" truth!
Old 10-06-04, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, I found it on Hollywood Video's site so maybe I can run by and rent it today. If I get it and watch it I will try to give an opinion of what I think after seeing it. I may try to list some of the disputed details from the two films and find independent data to back up one side or the other, but it will have to wait for the weekend. I assume it will be rather loaded to the right where Moore is way Left.
Old 10-06-04, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i hope to watch it soon... but i have a feeling it would make my deep disgust w/ bush/cheney even stronger. i may never watch it.

your attempts at trying to determine the "truth" seems kind of pointless to me, but good luck w/ that.

--
well, i misread this... there really is a dvd called "fahrenHYPE". i thought it was a sarcastic renaming of fahrenheit 9/11.

still, my comment above remains true.

Last edited by young; 10-06-04 at 12:18 PM.
Old 10-06-04, 08:21 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
I have a direct link to its trailer in my sig.
Old 10-06-04, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's not in Best Buy's ad, but I'll pick this up at overstock since the price is right.
Old 10-06-04, 09:18 AM

it was not nearly as entertaining as Moore's doc, but it basically was a rebuttal to Fareheit 9-11, it did counteract some of moore's points, but im not a fan of it....
Old 10-06-04, 09:29 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally posted by speedyray
If I get it and watch it I will try to give an opinion of what I think after seeing it.
No need.
Old 10-06-04, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Netflix has it. Listed as a "short wait."
Old 10-06-04, 11:02 AM

I saw it at Best Buy yesterday for $10.xx
Old 10-06-04, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

$8.04 now

edit: weird, for some reason I am a club O gold member, never remeber signing up, lady said I was a B2B partner at one time so I get the club O gold discounts

I still dont know really what the heck it is

Last edited by habers; 10-06-04 at 11:23 AM.
Old 10-06-04, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by speedyray
Well, I found it on Hollywood Video's site so maybe I can run by and rent it today. If I get it and watch it I will try to give an opinion of what I think after seeing it. I may try to list some of the disputed details from the two films and find independent data to back up one side or the other, but it will have to wait for the weekend. I assume it will be rather loaded to the right where Moore is way Left.

I'll be looking forward to it. Thanks.

By the way, the link in my sig is from an independent (a Nader supporter, actually).
Old 10-06-04, 12:19 PM

Blockbuster Video carries it for rental, and I saw it for sale at Wal-Mart, although I didn't notice the price.
Old 10-06-04, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I watch the film and it's an interesting documentary about the 9/11 incident and the war in Iraq. They also talk about how Bush handle the pressure and the problems overall. I gave the film 8/10.

I wouldn't pay more than $15 for it. Find a cheap price.
Old 10-06-04, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Shannon Nutt
Wow...Dick Morris, Zell Miller, Ann Coulter...yep, these are people I trust to bring me the "real" truth!
Hehe....but yet, you trust Moore to give you the truth??

Personally, I am going to watch both this weekend (on my free trial from Netflix so I do not line Moore's pockets).
Old 10-06-04, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Originally posted by RockStrongo
Hehe....but yet, you trust Moore to give you the truth??
I didn't say that, either.
Old 10-06-04, 03:14 PM
Moderator Emeritus

I noticed it at Wal Mart last night.
Old 10-06-04, 05:16 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by young
well, i misread this... i thought it was a sarcastic renaming of Fahrenhype 451.
I made this mistake, too.
Old 10-06-04, 06:51 PM
Defunct Account

I know for a fact that the publishers never sent a copy to DVDTalk. That's why we don't have a review up. Nothing to do with Geoff's personal philosophy.
Old 10-06-04, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts
Haven't you heard? You have to own at least 3 Buffy Sainte-Marie albums to review here at DVD Talk.
Old 10-06-04, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I watched this film the other night. I thought it was REALLY weak and they spent most of the time justifying the war in Iraq (or trying to) and debating most of the safer points from Moore's film.

But that's not to say that Fahrenhype 9/11 is totally worthless. They did mock some of the points from Moore's film that I thought were overall really weak (such as Bush sitting in the Florida classroom for 7 minutes after getting news of the second plane).

I'd say that overall, this film will make people who hate Moore happy. It's worth noting that I am a fan of Moore myself, but I don't depend on him for the truth. But I'd go to him for the truth before Ann Coulter, that's for damn sure. She is completely off her rocker!

Finally, this film is worth checking out if only to see the (former?) governor of Georgia argue in favor of waging war on Iraq and follow it up by referring to the people of Iraq as "diapers." YIKES!
Old 10-06-04, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts
Where is Boca Brian's "Ann Coulter" song when we need it?
Old 10-06-04, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Wow, if Fareinheit 911 is so full of shit why did they even release this Farenhype movie? Sounds like a bunch of scared republican bullshit to me...And wouldn't that just be responding to leftist propaganda with right-wing propaganda?..totally pointless...at least moore has accurate,documented sources for his information...
Old 10-06-04, 07:24 PM

Originally posted by freshticles
Wow, if Fareinheit 911 is so full of shit why did they even release this Farenhype movie? Sounds like a bunch of scared republican bullshit to me...And wouldn't that just be responding to leftist propaganda with right-wing propaganda?..totally pointless...at least moore has accurate,documented sources for his information...
Sounds like damned if you do damned if you don't. If you don't refute what Moore says he's telling the trueth. If you do refute what he is saying, then Moore is telling the trueth. Next you'll be talking about how the Republicans are bringing back the drafter, regardless that two Democratics sponsored the bill and the DOD has exceeded their sign-up quotas for the year. Then again I guesse the trueth is in the eye of the beholder...acurrate, documented sources for his information....

-Tim

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.