DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Any word on the Kill Bill SE's? [merged]

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-04, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Budd died
Spoiler:
from a bite from a snake that was unleashed by Elle. The snake was a "black mamba" so you could say The Bride figuratively killed Budd, but it wasn't by her own hands.

Fumanstan beat me to it.

Last edited by matome; 10-20-04 at 03:07 PM.
Old 10-20-04, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BLADE RUNNER : SE will probably show up first
Old 10-20-04, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'll wait it out, no matter how long. I've learned my lesson too many times over. No more double dipping for me anymore.
Old 10-20-04, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by fumanstan
That's not true.

Spoiler:
Elle kills Budd with the snake. And Elle seems very much alive at the end. Just blind.
Thanks fuman, that's what I meant.
Spoiler:
She intends to kill Budd but doesn't, though she probably would've if Elle hadn't first. But the fact that she specifically does *not* kill the person who killed her mentor, but instead leaves her alive but bascially helpless, seemed very deliberate on Tarantino's part, to me.

Also, Josh, if what you had said was accurate, I'd chide you for not using the "spoiler" tag.

Last edited by ThatGuamGuy; 10-20-04 at 03:25 PM.
Old 10-20-04, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 373 Likes on 267 Posts
Originally posted by fumanstan
That's not true.

Spoiler:
Elle kills Budd with the snake. And Elle seems very much alive at the end. Just blind.
Spoiler:
She's alive, but blind and in the dessert. What do you think her chances of making it anywhere alive are?
Old 10-20-04, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Spoiler:
She could get out her cell phone and call 911.
Old 10-20-04, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Consider the genre for a second:
Spoiler:
If you don't see somebody die on-screen, somebody the hero/heroine set out to kill, then they're not dead. That's a pretty basic rule of kung fu movies, western movies, pretty much any action movie.

Incidentally, the best reason to suppose she might die is not that she's blind in the middle of the desert, but that's she's locked in a house with a wild, poisonous snake.
Old 10-20-04, 05:52 PM

A friend told me today that at some merchandising show, the company that put out those action figures that I've seen in a few "Post Pics of Your DVD Collection and HT" photos announced that they will be releasing toys of more characters to coincide with the release of the Special Edition DVD sets.

So even though there is no firm date, I would imagine that this is some sort of confirmation. Maybe if someone can find a release date for the toys we can assume the SE disks will be out around the same time?
Old 10-20-04, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by majorjoe23
Spoiler:
She's alive, but blind and in the dessert. What do you think her chances of making it anywhere alive are?
Consider the end title sequence
Spoiler:
she gets a question mark for her character

Last edited by CheapBastid; 10-20-04 at 07:07 PM.
Old 10-20-04, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,574 Posts
Originally posted by Geist
A friend told me today that at some merchandising show, the company that put out those action figures that I've seen in a few "Post Pics of Your DVD Collection and HT" photos announced that they will be releasing toys of more characters to coincide with the release of the Special Edition DVD sets.

So even though there is no firm date, I would imagine that this is some sort of confirmation. Maybe if someone can find a release date for the toys we can assume the SE disks will be out around the same time?

I was kinda wondering when or if the 2nd series of figures are coming out. I'm still waiting for the O-ren Ishii figure that was originally supposed to be a part of the first series. I'll poke around and see if there is any new release date mentioned for the figures.
Old 10-20-04, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by majorjoe23
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
What were the bride's chances of staying alive after a bullet in the head? What were her chances of fighting off The Crazy 88 squad? What were her chances of crawling out of her own grave? Not that great in reality... but this is a movie. Chances don't really mean much.

So, she's probably still alive. I highly doubt it'll mean anything, I don't think we'll ever see a third. Elle's just another conversation topic like the breifcase.

Last edited by MasterCXtreme; 10-20-04 at 09:47 PM.
Old 10-21-04, 05:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by roger_d
I'll wait it out, no matter how long. I've learned my lesson too many times over. No more double dipping for me anymore.

I agree with the no double dipping credo (I HATE double dipping) but it's impossible to know that something won't come out in an expanded special edition down the road.....the only ways to never double dip is to either not buy ANYTHING, or to keep the first version of anything you buy no matter how poor a DVD it is....some of the most ridiculous movies get SE treatments mere months after their release.....how's a person to know??
I despise double dipping, but if a movie I love comes out on DVD after waiting for years to own, I'm going to buy it be it barebones or non-SE. For instance, The Thing is being rereleased and I'm going to doubledip because it's one of my all time favorites. I loved KB I and II and I bought them on release day in each case.....they look good and they both represent what I saw in the theatre. QT may not revamp this for 2,3, 5 years and I'm not going to wait that long to own something I really enjoy .
Old 10-21-04, 05:24 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally posted by roger_d
Problem is this really shouldn't be considered a double dip. It would be just the same as LOTR. you have two different versions there. One is the theater editions. Now no one has seen this unedited, uncut version of the two together. So it's hard to decide if it's something you really want or even like.
Old 10-21-04, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Geist

NECA's doing the figures.

The only confirmed ones are Bill (in the jacket), Elle, and, if the rights are gained, O-Ren.
Old 10-21-04, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

http://www.figures.com/databases/act...ow_article=195

NECA announces new Kill Bill figures in 2005

As previously reported, NECA’s Kill Bill Series 2 will hit store shelves in 2005! Set to ship at the same time as the Director’s Cuts of the two films, Kill Bill Volume 1 and Kill Bill Volume 2, four of the characters in the second series have been confirmed by NECA.

Kill Bill Series 2 will include:

The Bride II

Pai Mai

Elle Driver

Bill

Each will include character specific accessories and bases.
Keep checking as more figures will be announced!
Old 10-21-04, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by fryinpan1
Set to ship at the same time as the Director’s Cuts of the two films
Dammit, Quentin, you said it would be one release. This makes it sound like two. I can't believe Tarantino would discuss a future plan with the press and then what actually happens would turn out differently!
Old 10-21-04, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Dammit, Quentin, you said it would be one release. This makes it sound like two. I can't believe Tarantino would discuss a future plan with the press and then what actually happens would turn out differently!
I wouldn't freak out over this just yet. The source for this information might be pretty good for action figure news but not aside information on DVDs. They might call them "director's cuts" arbitrarily, without research into what exactly these DVDs are. I'd wait until an official announcement from Miramax to get concerned.
Old 10-21-04, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I wouldn't exactly accept figures.com as the word of God, as far as DVD releases go.

2005? OK that narrows it down alot. But I still don't see an O-ren figure on the list yet.
Old 10-21-04, 04:09 PM

Well for the longest its been said the figures will be released simultaneously with the dvd's so hopefully any news of the figures will coincide with future news of the DVD's.

-Also got this from Tarantino message board, originally posted on MovieManiacs.net, looks like the DVD's will be after February at least

Series II will be shown in February at the International Toy Fair.
There will be Director's Cuts of Kill Bill Vol 1 & 2 DVDs next year and the Series II figures will be released in conjunction with the DVDs.

The confirmed lineup so far:

Pai Mei
Bill
Elle Driver
Bride II (all new figure)
more to be announced...

Thanks
Randy
NECA
Reel Toys"

Last edited by MJG87; 10-21-04 at 04:24 PM.
Old 10-22-04, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The figures.com story about the figures actually gives a date..

As previously reported, NECA’s Kill Bill action figure series will continue in 2005. Series 2 is slated to hit store shelves in conjunction with the August 5th release of the Director’s Cut of the two films; Kill Bill Volume 1 and 2. The line-up will consist of The Bride II, Pai Mai, Elle Driver and fan-favorite Bill.
Old 10-22-04, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Since August 5th is a Friday, this is more likely to be the theatrical release of these cuts. Which means we'll be lucky to get it before the end of 2005 unless they handle it like the Alien DC and Quadrilogy last year.
Old 10-26-04, 08:02 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 951 Likes on 796 Posts
"Kill Bill" Director's Cut in August 05 thread!!

From IGN...this maybe it!

"So claims a toy site.

October 25, 2004 - A website dedicated to action figures may have given away the release date of one of the biggest titles of 2005. Figures.com was talking about the release of a new batch of Kill Bill action figures, and said this:

"As previously reported, NECA's Kill Bill action figure series will continue in 2005. Series 2 is slated to hit store shelves in conjunction with the August 5th release of the Director's Cut of the two films; Kill Bill Volume 1 and 2. The line-up will consist of The Bride II, Pai Mai, Elle Driver and fan-favorite Bill."

You get three guesses what Disney's response was, and the first two don't count.

-- IGN DVD"
Old 10-26-04, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

There was a thread about this like last week. The argument was that it was a response came from a toy company. And two August 5th is a Friday.
Old 10-26-04, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally posted by Big Worms
There was a thread about this like last week. The argument was that it was a response came from a toy company. And two August 5th is a Friday.
I thought it was going to have a limited release before it went to dvd. So Friday would meet with that but I still take whatever IGN says with a grain of salt.

and what do you know:
http://dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread....5&pagenumber=2
it is a repost.

Last edited by Jackskeleton; 10-26-04 at 09:55 AM.
Old 10-26-04, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

As I said in the other thread, I'd take figures.com info with a grain of salt, but who knows, it's possible. And as Jack says, Aug 5th would most likely represent a limited theatrical release date, so that date being a Friday is logical. Oh well, I'm sure we'll get verification from more reliable sources if this is true.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.