Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

ALIEN vs. PREDATOR in January...

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

ALIEN vs. PREDATOR in January...

Old 10-15-04, 01:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Dead
Please don't be insulting toward other members. If you don't want this, don't buy it... but there's no reason to take this type of attitude toward someone who is interested in this release.
Oh Lordy! I'll never lead in to temptation again!
Old 10-15-04, 08:25 AM

I didn't particularly enjoy this when I saw it on the big screen (thank God for the movie cash). If it a worthwhile DC emerges I will rent it and I'll go from there to re-evaluate the film.
Old 10-15-04, 05:05 PM

What C.H.U.D. said didnt bother me, I didnt take it as insulting. I meant what I said about loving AVP, but i knew someone would take a stab at me for admitting it. It's all good though,I'm sure theres members here that like movies that i think suck but i would just keep those thoughts to myself...everyone's entitled to there own opinion.

Peace

Last edited by NotoriousDRE; 10-15-04 at 05:09 PM.
Old 10-16-04, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
I didn't "THREADCRAP" either...I just said that W.S. is a crappy director and couldn't direct his way out of a paper bag.

I do think that a special edition or director's cut may do the movie justice, a bare bones? What is wrong with Fox? Stupid double dipping!
Old 10-16-04, 02:12 PM

Isnt there a directors cut coming out. I am pretty sure of this cuz i read that paul andersen was livid when fox told them he had to make it PG13. He was also taking about how there were more gore scenes and more fighting between the aliens and predator.
Old 10-16-04, 06:58 PM

R3 is coming out i nov.
http://www12.cd-wow.com/detail_resul...uct_code=14538
Maybe it will use the same transfer and cut...
Old 10-16-04, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by dmpre99
Isnt there a directors cut coming out. I am pretty sure of this cuz i read that paul andersen was livid when fox told them he had to make it PG13. He was also taking about how there were more gore scenes and more fighting between the aliens and predator.
You should really try reading the thread before you post as it has been covered.

to answer your question bluntly, as of now. No, it doesn't seem like there is a directors cut coming soon as P.W.S.A likes to blow a lot of smoke at times.
Old 10-16-04, 09:08 PM

You see, this is the problem I have with many of these franchise genre films. I did not like this movie, much like PWSA's last movie Resident Evil. But, I'm a huge fan of Alien, Predator, and Resident Evil. So goddammit I'm going to buy this DVD if for no other reason to watch it multiple times and find more things I dislike about it and hoping each time maybe I'll actually like it. I did it for Resident Evil, I'll probably do it for this movie.

Damn me and my dvd buying habits. Nonetheless, I could care less about a DC cut since even PWSA's Resident Evil wasn't really that gory. And really all I was hoping for in this film after he signed up was a gory exploitation movie since I really didn't expect quality filmmaking.
Old 10-16-04, 09:27 PM

There might not be a "Director's Cut," if Anderson was just blowing smoke, but I don't doubt that this is one they'll double dip on down the road.
Old 10-16-04, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by The Monkees
People are actually going to BUY this?

Why? The movie was horrible and W.S. has ruined the Alien & Predator series!

Anyway, to each his own.
Precisely.
This movie, to me, epitomizes the downfall of cinema. It was obvious that no one cared about the quality; just another piece of crap that combines two classic film sagas. The fact that it was PG-13 is just saying 'Yeah, we don't care if it's a good film, just go see it'.
You could argue that films have always been made for money, but at least people used to care about the quality of the films they were making.
Old 10-16-04, 09:49 PM
Premium Member

Received 742 Likes on 487 Posts
People are actually going to BUY this?

Why? The movie was horrible and W.S. has ruined the Alien & Predator series!
I didn't "THREADCRAP" either...I just said that W.S. is a crappy director and couldn't direct his way out of a paper bag.

I do think that a special edition or director's cut may do the movie justice, a bare bones? What is wrong with Fox? Stupid double dipping!
Yeah, you did take a . Your comment has nothing to do with the DVD release.

I'll be picking this one up. Love to see some good extras!
Old 10-16-04, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I love how the discussion about if someone thread crapped or not is just as bad as the thread crapping. Do we really need everyone being the judge on what a thread crap is and point it out in every aspect?
Old 10-16-04, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally posted by Jackskeleton
I love how the discussion about if someone thread crapped or not is just as bad as the thread crapping. Do we really need everyone being the judge on what a thread crap is and point it out in every aspect?
Yes. How else will the thead crappers know what they're doing
Old 10-16-04, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

By forum mods. Usually I get a good newspaper slap to the head when I play cop mod. Best bet is just report it to the mod and let them work it out. No need to boggle down a thread with the conversation of what is a thread crap or not.
Old 10-16-04, 11:50 PM
Premium Member

And I love the posts discussing the threadcrapping...

Do we really need to judge that?
Old 10-17-04, 03:47 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Oh, I'm sure the discussing about the post dicussion is going to be the real treat. Much like John stewart on crossfire. It will be very enjoyable.

What is there left to discuss in this thread? We got a hint of detail about the disc and nothing more. We only have our reaction to the movie to discuss left.
Old 10-17-04, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Paul Anderson raped my childhood.
Old 10-17-04, 09:44 AM

Totally pointless threads like this should be shut down!

Some people care about the dvd and the film, obviously most who post dont and there should be 2 threads, one for people who like the film and acctually want to discus a film and dvd, and one for people who want to mess about and bitch and moan like children!

I Have liked all Andersons work and really just becuase the majority of people hate his films means crap all to me, I love Resident Evil and compared to most overated directors in Holywood who get all the awards and pap like that he is a master, each to there own and stop you bloody moaning!

get back to your Threadcapping crappness or even better get a Mod to do there jobs and shut it down.
Old 10-17-04, 09:47 AM

Originally posted by Kant
R3 is coming out i nov.
http://www12.cd-wow.com/detail_resul...uct_code=14538
Maybe it will use the same transfer and cut...
Thanks for the link. I ordered one this morning.
Old 10-17-04, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Some people care about the dvd and the film, obviously most who post dont and there should be 2 threads, one for people who like the film and acctually want to discus a film and dvd, and one for people who want to mess about and bitch and moan like children!
Great! There is nothing to talk about in the DVD set. Release date is January. R3 seems to be coming out a bit earlier. No other info is available...put it in on the release calendar and nothing else..

Secondly, your definition of "care" is ridicoulous. Obviously Jack has cared about this movie, because mostly he cares about the two franchises, its just that the movie sucked and therefore that care has turned to the "Dark Side of Care" which is belittlement.
Old 10-17-04, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally posted by Romerojpg

I Have liked all Andersons work and really just becuase the majority of people hate his films means crap all to me, I love Resident Evil and compared to most overated directors in Holywood who get all the awards and pap like that he is a master, each to there own and stop you bloody moaning!

get back to your Threadcapping crappness or even better get a Mod to do there jobs and shut it down.
There was plenty of discussion of the film in Movie talk when the movie hit theaters.
Old 10-17-04, 11:57 AM

Ohh I forgot they are talking about the dvd on here aint they.

ohh no my mistake they aint doing that that either
Old 10-17-04, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally posted by Romerojpg

Oh, ok, Now I see why you are mad. Because you like P.W.S.A Well that is your opinion and it's yours to have. But not everyone will follow your opinion and many don't. That's not to say that they can not have their own opinion. You've just stated that their opinion doesn't matter.. which seems odd because if it didn't you wouldn't care about what they say.

As for threads like this shutting down. Well it's still a discussion about the dvd to some extent. reaction to the dvd and it's, at current time, lack of directors cut, which was suggested by P.W.S.A.

Either way, telling the mods to "do their job" doesn't really seem like you give a damn about the mods and their choices and feel that they aren't meeting your expectations Kind of harsh considering how big the forums are and they can't be in every thread unless you point it out to them.

Besides that, here is some conversation about the film. ol' paulie stated that it was the studio's fault for cutting up the film to PG-13 when the project, from all accounts, was set up from the get go to be PG-13. He stated that the added stuff would make it more enjoyable, but from what we see in this press release, that is not nearly enough to bring this movie back to what it could have been. So currently people are let down a little from this news of it's release.
Old 10-17-04, 06:10 PM
Premium Member

blah blah..
As for threads like this shutting down. Well it's still a discussion about the dvd to some extent. reaction to the dvd and it's, at current time, lack of directors cut, which was suggested by P.W.S.A.

Besides that, there is some conversation about the film.
yadda yadda...
What is there left to discuss in this thread? We got a hint of detail about the disc and nothing more.
Pick a side.
Old 10-17-04, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

In the top I'm pointing out what currently was being discussed when someone suggest that the thread should be shut down. In the bottom I was asking what was left to discuss. Notice the time line, the bottom was said first some time ago and then discussion followed. My question was answered with what folks said.

I'm pointing out the obvious. but considering the train wreck so far and the off hand discussion of a discussion of a discussion. This train wreck really did have the shit hit the wall and is not even a shadow of it's former self.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.