DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Not Available in Stores : Indie DVDs

Old 10-07-04, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Not Available in Stores : Indie DVDs

After checking out Nisha Ganatra's film Chutney Popcorn, I ran across her website where you can order the DVD for Cosmopolitan. The film Cosmopolitan is not available on DVD anywhere else which surprised me, considering Nisha is an new HOT Director. That got me thinking about any other DVDs (especially good ones) that are only available online. I know a few but maybe there are more? Maybe I'm missing out on feeding my habit with something because I only shop at Best Buys?

Here are the few Indie DVDs that I know of that you can order directly online but NOT available in stores. I've listed them by site, since some carry more than one DVD title.

http://www.aczone.com/nisha/cosmopolitan/

https://service.bfast.com/bfast/clic...8&bfpage=text/

http://ecomm.davidlynch.com/catalog/dvd.php
Old 10-07-04, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The director of The Real World is a HOT director? Anyhow, there's also that guy on here that made that Pizza movie.
Old 10-07-04, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by PopcornTreeCt
The director of The Real World is a HOT director? Anyhow, there's also that guy on here that made that Pizza movie.
Ha...yeah well, she's working. Actually, even with that mark against her, Nisha Ganatra is considered a Director to watch out here in LA LA Land. And her new movie, CAKE with Heather Graham could possibly make her absolutely burn.

Remember that HOT to me (Hollywoodspeak) doesn't mean that they have a good body of work, but it means that they have sparked enough interest that people want them. Or at least are watching what they do. Many HOT screenplays aren't even good or never get made. You've got to learn Hollywoodspeak.

Old 10-07-04, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by TheV
Ha...yeah well, she's working. Actually, even with that mark against her, Nisha Ganatra is considered a Director to watch out here in LA LA Land. And her new movie, CAKE with Heather Graham could possibly make her absolutely burn.

Remember that HOT to me (Hollywoodspeak) doesn't mean that they have a good body of work, but it means that they have sparked enough interest that people want them. Or at least are watching what they do. Many HOT screenplays aren't even good or never get made. You've got to learn Hollywoodspeak.

Ah I see. I've still never been able to figure out what makes something HOT in Hollywoodland. Though I hope that one of my scripts I've been working on does become hot someday.
Old 10-07-04, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by PopcornTreeCt
Ah I see. I've still never been able to figure out what makes something HOT in Hollywoodland. Though I hope that one of my scripts I've been working on does become hot someday.
You should want it to be good, made, sold...all good things for scripts to be...but don't strive to be HOT. That might happen, but it's fleeting. Lots of contest winners are HOT, but how many ever make it to screen? Very few.

And just to be clear, Nisha Ganatra has done some good work and some questionable. I have liked what I've seen a lot, but I avoided the stuff I knew I wouldn't. She may or may not be a great Director. It's hard to tell right now, but she's HOT because a lot of people are interested in watching her. See where she goes. People out here just hate it when they're not the first to know who the next big thing is.

Last edited by TheV; 10-07-04 at 02:19 PM.
Old 10-07-04, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I really enjoyed the Collingswood Story.
www.collingswoodstory.com