DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Best Place to Pre-Order Dawn Of The Dead '04 (not online) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/387169-best-place-pre-order-dawn-dead-04-not-online.html)

KillerQ 09-24-04 06:37 AM

Best Place to Pre-Order Dawn Of The Dead '04 (not online)

Hey all,

I normally pre-order stuff online, but that's not the case in this situation. I want a friend to Pre-order Dawn Of The Dead 2004 for me for my Birthday.... He doesn't have the means to pre-order online (don't ask, lol). I see that amazon.com has the pre oder for $20 and some change, however, that's online, so that's no good. I called Suncoast (which i despise with a passion) since it was a non-online store that preorders DOTD 04, but they wanted 26.99 for it. I refuse to have someone pay that.....

SO, what's the best/cheapest place to pre order this? Do best buy, etc do pre orders?

Thanks,

M

flashburn 09-24-04 06:49 AM

Why not just ask for a giftcard and pick it up yourself when it is released?

steebo777 09-24-04 06:52 AM

Why don't you just have him give you $20, and you can pick it up when it's released. I mean, you're already having him give you the DVD, so why not make it easier for him and just have him give you the loot instead. Just my $0.02.

KillerQ 09-24-04 07:11 AM

Lol...

Cause My Bday is Oct 2nd, and Since it's way before the release, if we did this then i could just waltz in to the store when it's released and pick it up for nothin' -- which would be awesome!!! You know what I mean....

Matt

KillerQ 09-24-04 07:12 AM

believe me, if he gives me $20 cash now, it will go towards another dvd first...lol

KillerQ 09-24-04 07:14 AM

the gift card is cool too, i thought of that first... I just figured this way it's a done deal.... just something different.

majorjoe23 10-06-04 11:18 AM

I don't know if this is the best thread to discuss this or not, but I watched a review copy of this DVD last night and the transfer stinks. Everything seemed a bit fuzzy, peoples faces seemed blurry and Andy's markerboard writing seemed almost impossible to read.

I just calibrated my TV with the Star Wars DVDs, and most of my movies look fine. But this movie looked pretty poor.

steebo777 10-06-04 02:46 PM

Originally posted by majorjoe23
I just calibrated my TV with the Star Wars DVDs, and most of my movies look fine. But this movie looked pretty poor.
Well there's your problem. The 'THX Optimizer' is only intended for the movie it is packaged with. So in essence, don't use it. Use DVE or S&V HT Tune-Up.

Cheers.

chemosh6969 10-06-04 08:12 PM

Originally posted by majorjoe23
I don't know if this is the best thread to discuss this or not, but I watched a review copy of this DVD last night and the transfer stinks. Everything seemed a bit fuzzy, peoples faces seemed blurry and Andy's markerboard writing seemed almost impossible to read.

My copy looks great on my tv

majorjoe23 10-06-04 09:23 PM

Originally posted by steebo777
Well there's your problem. The 'THX Optimizer' is only intended for the movie it is packaged with. So in essence, don't use it. Use DVE or S&V HT Tune-Up.

Cheers.

Thanks, I'll give one of those a try.

Gotham_Knight 10-07-04 06:28 AM

Just a note about Suncoast's price; $26.99 is the SRP. The reserve price should be somewhere between $19-$22.

I couldn't care less about Dawn Of The Dead but the last time I was at Suncoast, I looked at the reserve list while checking out and $26.99 was the SRP.

If you want to reserve it through them, it's simple as all they require is at least five dollars down. You can also pay any amount up to and including the full price but five's the minimum. I reserve alot through them myself.

You mentioned you don't like them for whatever reason, but they're the only brick and mortar store I can think of that does pre-orders.

scarredgod 10-07-04 07:55 PM

you got an FYE there? pre-order DOTD for 19.99, have your friend pay it all now, get his receipt to pick it up, plus get a $7 mail in rebate.