DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   The ultimate blasphemy: Jar Jar Binks in "Return of the Jedi" (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/386516-ultimate-blasphemy-jar-jar-binks-return-jedi.html)

Forum Troll 09-21-04 02:31 AM

The ultimate blasphemy: Jar Jar Binks in "Return of the Jedi"

Look at the 2004 ROTJ DVD, the added celebration scene on Naboo. Jar Jar is on top of the dome in the lower right, screaming "WEEESAAA FREEE!"

http://www.************.com/jarjar.jpg

This is unforgiveable.

emhello 09-21-04 02:40 AM

I think Lucas added this intentionally just to piss everyone off. :D

TheKing 09-21-04 02:49 AM

Well, since he is the one that ended up making it possible for the Emperor to gain his power, and create the Army Of The Republic, it only makes sense to have him celebrating the freedom that he helped to destroy in the first place.

But are we sure it's Jar Jar? Maybe it's his son, or something like that. All gungans look alike ;)

MoviePage 09-21-04 03:20 AM

Wow, just looking at that shot makes me realize how bad some of the new additions are. That looks like a still from a Pixar movie.

UAIOE 09-21-04 03:23 AM

I can't wait till the orginal, untouched trilogy is released on DVD so I can stand on a dome and scream "WEEESAAA FREEE!...from all the Star Wars rants!"

shaggy 09-21-04 03:49 AM

Originally posted by UAIOE
I can't wait till the orginal, untouched trilogy is released on DVD so I can stand on a dome and scream "WEEESAAA FREEE!...from all the Star Wars rants!"
Amen, if Lucas does release them. Thousands of people will need to find something new to do with thier lives.

Jackskeleton 09-21-04 04:03 AM

This is considered news? Pictures have been posted about this for sometime now. Considering how small jar jar would be in the picture and considering it could be any gungan and considering how much in the background "wessa free" is said I really think this is yet another nitpick the fans are having so they can simply bitch about lucas.

FinkPish 09-21-04 04:12 AM

The originals will never be released on DVD commerically.

Toad 09-21-04 06:25 AM

How do we know its Jar Jar?

SvenL 09-21-04 07:05 AM

Originally posted by FinkPish
Of course they will.

Maybe not next year, maybe not in five years - but there is no doubt that they will be released eventually.

As soon as all the hype dies down Lucas will not let the chance slip by to make more money.

Snowmaker 09-21-04 07:14 AM

I think Jar Jar would be to old to be climbing onto the roofs of buildings by this point.

RoyalTea 09-21-04 07:31 AM

if he wanted to put Jar Jar in the original trilogy, he should have added a scene where he's doing something on Alderaan, right before Death Star I blows it the fuck up.

steebo777 09-21-04 08:01 AM

Who cares. Close your eyes when the scene pops up, at least we have the "original" trilogy on DVD finally.

Grubert 09-21-04 08:31 AM

The picture is down now. :(

icruise 09-21-04 09:31 AM

There's no reason to assume it's Jar Jar. He's just saying that to be inflammatory.

tek2k 09-21-04 10:08 AM

more crying
mr salty where are you?
LOL

tdoane78 09-21-04 10:18 AM

Originally posted by Snowmaker
I think Jar Jar would be to old to be climbing onto the roofs of buildings by this point.
Not sure why, but I found that damn hillarious. Images of Jar Jar with a walker and oxygen bottle....

-Tim

grunter 09-21-04 10:22 AM

I don't care what anyone says. It ain't "Jedi" without Sy Snootles and the "yub-yub" song.

Insert the obligatory "raping my childhood" rant here:

Kal-El 09-21-04 10:46 AM

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
This is considered news? Pictures have been posted about this for sometime now. Considering how small jar jar would be in the picture and considering it could be any gungan and considering how much in the background "wessa free" is said I really think this is yet another nitpick the fans are having so they can simply bitch about lucas.
Amen.

LikeMiamiVice 09-21-04 10:53 AM

Originally posted by MoviePage
Wow, just looking at that shot makes me realize how bad some of the new additions are. That looks like a still from a Pixar movie.
seriously..i thought for a second they posted a wrong pic and it was from a pixar movie

TonyS 09-21-04 11:08 AM

It's most definitely Jar Jar! Can't you all tell your Gungans apart?!? And you call yourselves Star Wars fans!?!

[/sarcasm]

al_bundy 09-21-04 11:18 AM

Originally posted by FinkPish
there were like 5 different OT releases on VHS and LD before TPM hit theaters. There will be more.

there is going to be another originall uncleaned OT release with crappy quality and a cleaned up version before the additions.

PopcornTreeCt 09-21-04 11:33 AM

You guys should buy a bootleg if you're so upset. I did, I figured the bootlegs would be selling like hotcakes around this time. Oh well.

Class316 09-21-04 11:40 AM

It could be Jar Jar. Who knows at what rate that species ages :D

For all we know he could be 200 years old in episode I!

I believe Chewbacca is 900 (which is young for a Wookie)

nodeerforamonth 09-21-04 11:48 AM

How about putting some FUCKING SPOILERS IN YOUR THREAD TITLE!??!?!

I'm refraining from calling you every fucking name in the book...