DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   FBI warning at the end of movies... (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/386035-fbi-warning-end-movies.html)

Rammsteinfan 09-18-04 12:51 AM

FBI warning at the end of movies...

I was just watching THX and at the end of it, just like alot if not the majority of other DVD"s, there is the FBI warning and the scrolling text after the film. I have always noticed it and never thought of this... but is it me or is the quality of these two things very VHS'ish or whatever you want to call them. They are blurry and very bad in terms of clarity. How come they never made a nice shiney, crisp and clear version??

Yeah, Im bored... :)

Spiky 09-18-04 01:07 AM

So, now somebody WANTS to read the warnings. I think this is a first at DVDTalk.

Yeah, bored here too. Playing with my new wireless card.

TomOpus 09-18-04 02:42 AM

Rhino has the best FBI warning (at the start of the disc) :D

jaeufraser 09-18-04 03:47 AM

Personally I believe all FBI warnings should be at the highest level of quality, mastered for 16x9, with DTS sound, a trailer, a foreward by John Lasseter and a commentary track.

darkside 09-18-04 04:23 AM

They just need to be longer and in 10 or 20 more languages. I like a good 15 or 20 minute FBI warning before watching a movie.

GuyverX 09-18-04 04:42 AM

Yeah, most of the FBI warnings that come after the movie are of horrible quality...like they just took it from some 3rd generation VHS copy. I guess they think nobody watches after the credits are done rolling. Losers like us have proven them wrong. :D

aspikes 09-18-04 06:31 AM

Why am I reading this post?

GuyverX 09-18-04 07:31 AM

Originally posted by aspikes
Why am I reading this post?
Because it provides more entertainment than reading the "should I get rid of my Return of the Jedi disc" thread?

Oh, and because we're all closet geeks.

kayak99 09-18-04 07:47 AM

We need reviews of the better warnings :)

marty888 09-18-04 08:07 AM

Maybe ILM could do a great SFX version - but no, then people wpould start complaining that they want the <i>original</i> version.

Max Bottomtime 09-18-04 08:28 AM

I think they should be inserted one frame at a time throughout the film, subliminally. After watching a DVD, I'll think to myself,"I sure do respect the FBI. I'm glad I didn't even think of copying this DVD."

asianxcore 09-18-04 10:51 AM

the FBI warning at the beginning of Irreversible is rather interesting. It floats around the screen, and I think the title is backwards.

Daniel L 09-18-04 10:54 AM

Come on, everyone knows that Blue Underground's FBI warning, with the revolving spotlight, is the best. ;)

Bronkster 09-18-04 11:05 AM

http://www.maxent.org/video/images/FBI_warning_02.jpg

Alan Smithee 09-18-04 02:24 PM

For years I've thought about making an Ultimate FBI Warnings Anthology, putting together every different FBI warning that's ever been used on every video format.
And yes, the one that Warner uses on their DVDs looks pretty bad. The one they had on their LDs didn't look that great either- make it look like your convergence is off.

Mike Lowrey 09-18-04 06:04 PM

Re: FBI warning at the end of movies...

Originally posted by Rammsteinfan
I was just watching THX and at the end of it, just like alot if not the majority of other DVD"s, there is the FBI warning and the scrolling text after the film. I have always noticed it and never thought of this... but is it me or is the quality of these two things very VHS'ish or whatever you want to call them. They are blurry and very bad in terms of clarity. How come they never made a nice shiney, crisp and clear version??

Yeah, Im bored... :)

You know, funny you should mention this. I too just watched THX this morning and let the FBI Warning come up and that very thought crossed my mind as well.

Why is it that this warning is of such low quality?

cultshock 09-18-04 06:09 PM

The best FBI warning is on the FIGHT CLUB DVD. Ties in with the film nicely. :up:

The worst is on some HK DVDs. Long, scrolling warnings in first English and then Chinese, that can't be skipped or fast forwarded through. :grunt:

JoeyOhhhh 09-18-04 10:08 PM

This crap FBI warning irks me too. Its exclusively on WB titles.

(looks like I've raised the nerdiness factor of this thread)

Ra_ 09-18-04 10:33 PM

is that legal to copy and sell FBI warning sign?

Ra_ 09-18-04 10:37 PM

Originally posted by darkside
They just need to be longer and in 10 or 20 more languages. I like a good 15 or 20 minute FBI warning before watching a movie.
20 is not enough. They should cover all languages (at least)

Rammsteinfan 09-18-04 10:54 PM

You have not experienced FBI warnings until you have read it in the original Klingon...

darkside 09-19-04 02:45 AM

You have not experienced FBI warnings until you have read it in the original Klingon...
I just watched that movie yesterday. :)

A-aron 09-20-04 08:49 AM

I was watching a non-R1 DVD, and the warning screen came up. I noticed that it says that it is illegal to export them to other regions. Funny.

A-aron 09-20-04 08:49 AM

The Futurama ones are cool, too.

Rubix 09-20-04 09:28 AM

The FBI warnings really need commentary tracks.