DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   With "La Dolce Vita " coming out on 9/21, why would anyone else release DVD's then? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/385693-la-dolce-vita-coming-out-9-21-why-would-anyone-else-release-dvds-then.html)

KillerQ 09-16-04 06:21 AM

With "La Dolce Vita " coming out on 9/21, why would anyone else release DVD's then?

Just curious...

:)
Matt

slowcloud 09-16-04 06:47 AM

Love La Dolce Vita, KillerQ, but it's a bit below the radar of the common DVD buyer. That's fine by me because it then doesn't get bogged down by the minutiae of arguing that Star Wars gets, not to mention the lame-brain comments of the hoi-poloi. This film deserves better!

LiquidSky 09-16-04 07:52 AM

:)

I'm double dipping on this one. I have the very nice Italian disc but want the region one as well (since all the extras on the disc I already have are in Italian).

Richard Malloy 09-16-04 07:57 AM

I have high hopes for this release, but I'm awaiting reviews. I'm sure the Beaver will have the comparisons up soon!

davejt1 09-16-04 08:26 AM

rotfl at the parallels to the similar Star Wars thread. Not sure how many got the joke, but I like it. Personally, I plan on buying both.

mike45 09-16-04 08:45 AM

I am buying the Star Wars Boxset.

But, I'm watching "La Dolce Vita" on Tuesday.

Oh, I said that in the Star Wars thread.

slowcloud 09-16-04 10:32 AM

Yes, I got the joke. It's quite a droll one at that, so it won't make me roll on the floor with laughter. In fact, I abhor the vehemence of the Star Wars fans on this board (writing as a fan of the films since a young child in 1976). In fact it quite disgusts me. That's why I'm happy to enjoy this nugget's (La Dolce Vita) arrival on DVD. I've wanted La Dolce Vita on DVD as soon as I began collecting the medium in '99, just as bad as I wanted the original Star Wars films.

jamieoni 09-16-04 10:59 AM

I'm used to being the weirdo that doesn't like Star Wars. (This is like a cue for Heliospahn to find me and make a crack about me... ;) )

Looking forward to LA DOLCE VITA. This will be my first time seeing it.

pro-bassoonist 09-16-04 11:09 AM

Originally posted by jamieoni
I'm used to being the weirdo that doesn't like Star Wars. (This is like a cue for Heliospahn to find me and make a crack about me... ;) )

Looking forward to LA DOLCE VITA. This will be my first time seeing it.

First you have to spell it correctly.

Pro-B

PopcornTreeCt 09-16-04 11:13 AM

Originally posted by slowcloud
Yes, I got the joke. It's quite a droll one at that, so it won't make me roll on the floor with laughter. In fact, I abhor the vehemence of the Star Wars fans on this board (writing as a fan of the films since a young child in 1976). In fact it quite disgusts me. That's why I'm happy to enjoy this nugget's (La Dolce Vita) arrival on DVD. I've wanted La Dolce Vita on DVD as soon as I began collecting the medium in '99, just as bad as I wanted the original Star Wars films.
:up: Yeah, I don't think there's anyone on here who didn't get the joke. And it seems the Star Wars fans on here are coming out of the woodwork. I mean its practically like Christmas time here.

slop101 09-16-04 11:31 AM

With the Cassavetes set coming out on 9/21...

jamieoni 09-17-04 12:25 PM

Originally posted by pro-bassoonist
First you have to spell it correctly.

Pro-B

What? Heliospahn? Talk to him, it's his alias if you want to get uppity about it. ;)

(Sorry, folks, this started as more of a private joke for a member here who I know from another board who likes to give me a hard time. Or with my luck, I am actually spelling his screen name wrong, the sort of thing he loves to rib me for.)

(EDIT: Ooops...my bad. I did mess up the spelling. Let the beatings begin! :) )

island007 09-17-04 12:32 PM

I thought we already had a 'What DVD are you getting this week thread'

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=385854

slowcloud 09-17-04 01:44 PM

This about La Dolce Vita, island007! Just like those eager for Star Wars and the countless Star Wars threads of anticipation that their desires have spawned, why can't Vita fans indulge a little and meet in one thread to harp about our anticipation for a movie's release on Tuesday that isn't Star Wars?

cfloyd3 09-17-04 02:15 PM

Well it is not the only release I am getting. I am also getting Coffee and Cigarettes, but basically La Dolce Vita is the biggest release of the year. I got an all region player about when this R1 was announced so I just waited. It is going to be something else just having the film around for whenever I want to watch it, which I am sure will be plenty.

island007 09-17-04 02:16 PM

Originally posted by slowcloud
This about La Dolce Vita, island007! Just like those eager for Star Wars and the countless Star Wars threads of anticipation that their desires have spawned, why can't Vita fans indulge a little and meet in one thread to harp about our anticipation for a movie's release on Tuesday that isn't Star Wars?
Why don't we have a seperate thread for every DVD that comes out every week and ask if others are getting it?

Also, fans are harping here http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=369734

Cameron 09-18-04 01:30 PM

gonna buy it, won't watch it til the weekend though

jough 09-18-04 03:56 PM

I ordered it from DDD, so I probably won't get it until a week or so after release date.

Of course, I pre-ordered The Punisher from them, too, and haven't received it yet. >:| so who knows?