DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Are you running Premium version of DVD Profiler. (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/385511-you-running-premium-version-dvd-profiler.html)

Big Worms 09-14-04 10:52 PM

Are you running Premium version of DVD Profiler.

How many people are running the Premium version of DVD Profiler?

SRotblat 09-14-04 11:02 PM

I am

Ginwen 09-14-04 11:03 PM

I am too. I didn't upgrade for extra features, I just like to support good products.

sataniko 09-14-04 11:27 PM

No, actually I downloaded the free version a while back and didn't get around to install it and enter my collection. I guess I'll have to download a newer version, now.

onebyone 09-15-04 12:42 AM

I have the Premium version. I am currently trying out the beta version too.

collven 09-15-04 04:43 AM

Originally posted by onebyone
I have the Premium version. I am currently trying out the beta version too.
OK, so give us the skinny. How is the beta? Any really nice new features, and have they done anything with the way box sets are handled?

slowcloud 09-15-04 05:32 AM

I can deal with the low quality images of the DVD covers. As far as I know there is no other reason to up-grade. If beta testing is one of those reason, I'd still not be interested, as I don't have time for such a thing.

John Sinnott 09-15-04 06:23 AM

I paid for it. It's a great program and worth supporting.

cseyer 09-15-04 07:20 AM

I have paid more for programs that offer a lot less. DVD Profiler is an excellent program and well worth the registration fee. I paid over two years ago.

RDYoung 09-15-04 09:04 AM

I paid years ago, and have found it to be worth every penny.

I used that dvdtracker site for a while, but then one day, out of the blue, you had to pay for access. Plus, I enjoy not needing internet access 100% of the time to use profiler. My old, old collection is still there(because evidently, I can't remove it without paying), and I still get people emailing me asking me to randomly trade discs in my collection. kinda annoying.

pilot 09-15-04 09:30 AM

I use the premium ...beta tested for them couple years ago and they gave out a free registration for beta testers..

Orlando 09-15-04 10:14 AM

I also use the premium, mosty to support a great product.

Hammer99 09-15-04 10:32 AM

I use the premium, worth every penny. My favorite feature is definitely the high-res scans, have used them to make several covers.

TylerDurden_73 09-15-04 10:39 AM

I use Premium. Good products deserve support.

LasVegasMichael 09-15-04 10:55 AM

Originally posted by TylerDurden_73
I use Premium. Good products deserve support.
Exactly. Paid for mine a couple years ago with no regrets.

ScottyWH 09-15-04 10:57 AM

I paid because they wouldn't let me add any more titles without paying, but it is well worth the price of entry :)

pagansoul 09-15-04 11:05 AM

Used the 'free' version for 2 years and broke down this your for the premium. I also got DSL this year so I'm very happy.

Rammsteinfan 09-15-04 11:30 AM

Yep, another paid for user. Love it.

darkside 09-15-04 12:40 PM

I paid for it, but I haven't used it in months. Give me the simplicity and ability to customize the grouping like DVD AF and I might go back to it.

I did try out the new beta and it seems like the same over complicated, non customizable program I grew to hate. When you have a large DVD collection it can be a very frustrating program to use. They need to give the ability to change settings for multiple DVDs at once and I need to be able to break them out with my own personal categories. They don't even give the option to customize the categories.

littlefuzzy 09-15-04 01:01 PM

You didn't have an option for "Free, but I plan to upgrade soon"

garolo 09-15-04 01:04 PM

I paid for the premium version last year. No regrets. I don't know if I'm getting more for my money but I figured I use the product so much that I should support them. Just like public television.

Numanoid 09-15-04 01:14 PM

I've just started using the free version. Been considering upgrading, but can't really find any info on what you get for the price. Are hi-res images the only benefit to paying?

MasterofDVD 09-15-04 01:24 PM

I paid probably a year ago. I had to start locking profiles cause people were changing them and messing them up. I only got a couple hundred locked before it told me I needed to upgrade to continue. At that point I had no problem paying the money.

DVD Smurf 09-15-04 01:32 PM

Premium...all the way baby... :)

Ozymandius 09-15-04 04:11 PM

I'm not paying until I see the DVD profiler Pocket (Pocket PC) version at least out in beta...