DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Star Trek (TOS) / Best Buy question

Old 09-14-04, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Star Trek (TOS) / Best Buy question

Does anybody know whether the upcoming release of the full series of 'Star Trek' [December release, I believe] will include the Best Buy bonus discs (obviously, I'm asking "at Best Buy"; I wouldn't expect them to sell everywhere)? [I'm assuming each individual one will have some little disc.] I know they aren't much, but I kinda want 'em ...
Old 09-15-04, 05:33 PM
Suspended

As far as any word on that.. NO.. the combined set will prob won't include any of the bonus disks if you them separately now. I suggest you get each one as they come out before it's too late.
Old 09-15-04, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So far, the Star Trek extra discs for all the TV shows have been available in only the initial shipments.

Since the "full series" trek release will be nothing but the 3 seasons shrink-wrapped together, it it unlikely that it will include the extra discs for the first two seasons, at least. Get them now, if you care about the extra disc. There's no indication that the bundled set will be any cheaper, either.
Old 09-15-04, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That's too bad; I hate the packaging on these sets, but I kinda liked that over-all box thing holding the three tricorder things in them.

Thanks for the answers, though.
Old 09-15-04, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by ThatGuamGuy
That's too bad; I hate the packaging on these sets, but I kinda liked that over-all box thing holding the three tricorder things in them.

Thanks for the answers, though.
I know what box you're talking about, but I believe it only exists in other regions. I don't believe it will be part of any R1 "megaset" release; here they're simply bundling the three packages together.