DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Clerks, sandance cut disc 2 skipping, anyone else? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/385081-clerks-sandance-cut-disc-2-skipping-anyone-else.html)

Rypro 525 09-12-04 05:03 PM

Clerks, sandance cut disc 2 skipping, anyone else?

i was watching this on my secondary jvc player, and there are a few places it freezes for about 10 seconds, and then goes forward a few seconds.

LasVegasMichael 09-12-04 05:18 PM

Have watched it all the way through twice on my Denon player (once with commentary and one without), with no problems thus far.

Bronkster 09-12-04 06:02 PM

How is the commentary? I never listen to commentaries, but would be interested in this case because of the movie and the people involved.

TylerDurden_73 09-12-04 07:13 PM

Watched twice also no problems on my sony.

As with any Kevin Smith commentary...great

fuzzbox 09-12-04 07:13 PM

I'm getting freezing problems, but not like the ones you're talking about. After about 78 minutes, randomly, my DVD player will completely freeze up on it. The only way to get out of the freeze is to power down the player and restart.

There doesn't seem to be any particular scene or place it freezes, It'll freeze in one place, then play past it fine, only to freeze 2 minutes later. Oh, this is on a Pioneer DVL-909.

OH, and also, this EXACT same problem happens on both discs of Clerks: Uncensored. Calling Miramax got me a set of discs that were even worse. :-(

-jason

mikewendt 09-12-04 08:15 PM

I have watched it with & without commentary... No problems.

zombiezilla 09-12-04 08:16 PM

This really sux! It happened about 3 - 4 times whilst watching it on my portable Samsung DVLP-300 (which plays every damn thing else under the sun!).
Haven't checked it on my main home player, though.

MasterofDVD 09-12-04 09:21 PM

I had no problems with my set on my Sony DVP-C650D.

The commentary was ok.....I've certainly heard better commentary tracks from Kevin. But it was still entertaining. The documentary is what REALLY impressed me with this set. It was way better than I ever thought it could be.

sureAV421 09-14-04 07:08 PM

it froze on me right at the start of the hockey game and chapter 9. i had to power down and restart. i tried it on both my dvd-rom and pansonic. it seems that my dvd now has two nice big notches on it. :\ :( Any way i can get a replacement from miramax?

sureAV421 09-14-04 10:57 PM

just checked again. even i go to scene selection and go to chapter 9(harbinger), it pauses for a few seconds, then completely skips over the entire chapter going straight to 10. pissed off. :X

eatntae 09-14-04 11:46 PM

I watched the second disc with the commentary video (you watch Kevin and the gang watch the movie), and had no problems at all.

xDareDevilx 09-14-04 11:49 PM

ummm, mine froze on me, i believe right at the beginning. If I remember correctly there is an intro to it by kevin, and I was watching it with a friend who isn't a big kevin smith geek like myself, so I skipped past it and as soon as the next chapter was to start, it made a weird skipping type noise and froze ..>"unable to read disc"...so I had to power down and restart...on my ps2.

xDareDevilx 09-14-04 11:53 PM

ok, so there is no intro by kevin, but i am pretty sure it did what I said somewhere at the very beginning.

spazz276 09-15-04 08:33 AM

Happened to me as well for about 10 seconds, and then it picked up again on my JVC.