Reload this Page >

Finally got my DVD from trade......after 2 Years

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 09-10-04, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hey all,

Almost 2 years ago, i traded with someone in Canada.... We traded once sucessfully. Then we traded again, i sent but never received.....he wasn't answering emails.....he then suspiciously got banned from the dvdtalk trading forum.... that made me nervous. After a week or two, he contacted me and said that he sent it out. Then 2 more weeks went by with no contact, then i wrote and he responded that someting went wrong, and he would have a friend mail it an it will "be on your door step on Monday". Needless to say, it never came.... Then a YEAR AND A HALF went by with him not answering any of my emails..... a few months into the silence, i even sent a certified letter to his house -- no response..... Now, a few weeks ago i decided to drop him my usual "onece every few weeks" reminders, and he said "oh hi, my computer was down". I kept on him, got him to mail last week with a tracking number..... it turned out that the tracking number wasn't working -- i thought i was screwed again.... Well, today I received it... Total Recall Tin...... yea . Now i don't even want it anymore.

Matt
Old 09-10-04, 04:43 PM

Holy crap. I would feel the same way about not wanting it. Kinda anti-climactic. I'll say this, you earned that damn DVD!
Old 09-10-04, 04:52 PM

I bet no other DVD you own has that good of a story behind it. Keep it forever.
Old 09-10-04, 05:56 PM

wow! what dvd did you trade for it?
Old 09-10-04, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow, great timing. The super deluxe edition of TOTAL RECALL is coming out next month!

Old 09-10-04, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Think of it like the Titantic arriving in NYC in Ghostbusters 2..."Well...better late then never"
Old 09-10-04, 06:12 PM
Suspended

You got the Baboon's ass!!!!
Old 09-10-04, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Let's see....

I think i traded the 2 VHS Dawn Of The Dead set, and a signed copy of Night Of The Living Dead VHS (i have tons of these autographs).

Matt
Old 09-10-04, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I sent out a whole bunch of DVD's I'd sold on eBay on Sept 10th 2001. Needless to say they took quite awhile to get there. Fortunately everyone was patient and they all showed up eventually but some took a couple months.

Your story is better
Old 09-10-04, 09:21 PM

Originally posted by cultshock
Wow, great timing. The super deluxe edition of TOTAL RECALL is coming out next month!
Can somebody please tell me if this is true and, if it is, where I can learn more. Neither DVD empire or Amazon have any indication of a new edition of Total Recall coming out. I ask because I was about to include the most recent version in my next CH order.

Thanks!
Old 09-10-04, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

"" posted after skipping several lines usually means it is a joke, as this is.
Old 09-10-04, 09:45 PM

Originally posted by viking99
Can somebody please tell me if this is true and, if it is, where I can learn more. Neither DVD empire or Amazon have any indication of a new edition of Total Recall coming out. I ask because I was about to include the most recent version in my next CH order.

Thanks!
Uhhh yeah it is. I already have it. Wanna trade?
Old 09-10-04, 10:45 PM
Banned

Re: Finally got my DVD from trade......after 2 Years

That sucks, especially because I just picked up the Total Recall Tin at Future Shop in Oakville for $16.99. Wow.

Originally posted by KillerQ
Hey all,

Almost 2 years ago, i traded with someone in Canada.... We traded once sucessfully. Then we traded again, i sent but never received.....he wasn't answering emails.....he then suspiciously got banned from the dvdtalk trading forum.... that made me nervous. After a week or two, he contacted me and said that he sent it out. Then 2 more weeks went by with no contact, then i wrote and he responded that someting went wrong, and he would have a friend mail it an it will "be on your door step on Monday". Needless to say, it never came.... Then a YEAR AND A HALF went by with him not answering any of my emails..... a few months into the silence, i even sent a certified letter to his house -- no response..... Now, a few weeks ago i decided to drop him my usual "onece every few weeks" reminders, and he said "oh hi, my computer was down". I kept on him, got him to mail last week with a tracking number..... it turned out that the tracking number wasn't working -- i thought i was screwed again.... Well, today I received it... Total Recall Tin...... yea . Now i don't even want it anymore.

Matt
Old 09-11-04, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I am still waiting for a DVD from Apocrypha (a DVDTALK member). The dvd was mailed from Montana....or so he says...a year later.

I REALLY know what you're talking about.

Pro-B
Old 09-11-04, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

As Las Vegas Michael said it was a joke. Hence the

Warcp was continuing the joke (after the post right above his and right after yours told you it was a joke). Jeez, if you're going to get all sensitive, at least read everything first.

Last edited by Ginwen; 09-11-04 at 02:18 AM.
Old 09-11-04, 02:15 AM

Originally posted by Ginwen
As Las Vegas Michael said it was a joke. Hence the

Warcp was continuing the joke (after the post right above his and right after yours told you it was a joke). Jeez, if you're going to get all sensitive, at least read everything first.
Yeah, I read it all. Las Vegas Michael answered my question (thanks). If that guy "continuing the joke" had actually said something humorous, it probably wouldn't have confused me so much...

I'll try to be less sensitive in the future.
Old 09-11-04, 02:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by viking99
If that guy "continuing the joke" had actually said something humorous, it probably wouldn't have confused me so much...
Well, you got me there.
Old 09-11-04, 03:17 AM

Originally posted by Ginwen
Well, you got me there.
Old 09-11-04, 06:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

A new Total Recall? SWEET!!!
Old 09-11-04, 01:20 PM

I just won one of them on ebay for $6.00
Old 09-11-04, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have a couple of trades from here that I am still waiting for, and it has been more than 2 years. I would be thrilled if they showed up, but alas, I am not holding out any hope.
Old 09-11-04, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by JimRochester
I sent out a whole bunch of DVD's I'd sold on eBay on Sept 10th 2001. Needless to say they took quite awhile to get there. Fortunately everyone was patient and they all showed up eventually but some took a couple months.

Your story is better
I was going to school in NYC at the time, and left a textbook in St. Louis. My dad shipped it out, and it was set to arrive on 9-11-01. When it finally did show up about a week later, the package was pretty dusty, and the shipping label was marked WTC-01. Apparently, it was in the building when the planes hit and (I think it was Airborne Express, but it may have been FedEx) got it out in time.
Old 09-11-04, 06:38 PM

Ooh, make sure you leave feedback.
A+++++++++++ number one trader!